You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Valley of Wonders - Community Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Valley of Wonders Inn
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
posted 12-18-03 09:01 AM EDT (US)   

As you enter the Valley of Wonders, below you see a pleasant looking two story building. As you walk up to it, you see a sign above the door way saying 'The Valley of Wonders Inn'. You step inside and look around. There are many elves, dwarves and men sitting around the bar, drinking, eating and talking. In the corner, a large warm fire blazes. Upstairs there are many rooms with comftable bed where a weary traveller can rest his head Here you can chat about whatever you please or have a meal or just spend time with friends.

Menu

Bacon~ 5gp. . . . . . . . . .Lembas Bread~ 10gp
Bread~ 3gp. . . . . . . . . .Salted Pork~ 6gp
Doughnuts~ 4gp . . . . . .Soup~ 3gp
Hobbit Arms~ 6gp

Drinks

Ale~ 5gp. . . . . Vodka~ 6gp
Grog~ 4gp . . . .Water~ 3gp
Mead~ 6gp . . . Wine~ 7gp
Tea~ 7gp . . . . Whisky~ 5gp

Rooms

Halfling Hovel~ 5gp a night
Basic Room~ 7gp a night
Elven Suite~ 10gp a night
Knight's Delux~ 14gp a night
Wizard's Chamber~ 20gp a night

Staff

Innkeeper - Eothain
Chef - rifleman grim
Barman - Frall
Security Bloke - Cherub Gaiseric
Entertainment - karmic
Waiter- Sul the Just
Waiter's Slave (aka second waiter): Silver_Dragon
Wierd Freak - GreenMan

This is sort of based on the beefeater in at CH: http://cossacks.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=11&tn=1814&f=11,,0,all&st=0 This isn't some kind of fad thingy, just an attempt to breathe life into AoWH! And you can chat about anything, in real life or not so.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL TEAMS IN QUALIFICATION MATCHES THIS WEEKEND, FROM THE INN STAFF!

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

[This message has been edited by eOtHaIn (edited 09-01-2006 @ 11:08 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-01-05 12:28 PM EDT (US)     871 / 1591  
Bless you.

It is me howling under the moon. Do you answer the call of the wolf? Do you accept the curse of the werewolf?
posted 06-04-05 05:38 AM EDT (US)     872 / 1591  
Er, cheers.

posted 06-05-05 03:13 PM EDT (US)     873 / 1591  
*cries* I have an exam tommorow, biology! *cries*

*crams majorilly*

Anyone else have any exams soon?

posted 06-05-05 03:21 PM EDT (US)     874 / 1591  
Nope. Mine ended this Thursday
Good luck, dude.

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 06-06-05 00:27 AM EDT (US)     875 / 1591  
I have exams in 2 weeks! ARGH!!!!

===================================== Alphax =====================================
============= LASFS Operative #4 =============
The VoW Inn
"I'll bribe you to change the inn link in your sig." -- TDK
================================================================================
posted 06-06-05 07:01 AM EDT (US)     876 / 1591  
Luck to you too!

Ha-ha, school's over for me!

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 06-06-05 10:10 AM EDT (US)     877 / 1591  
I finished school two years ago.

===================================== Alphax =====================================
The VoW Inn
================================================================================
posted 06-06-05 10:55 AM EDT (US)     878 / 1591  
So it's college exams? Poor you.
I haven't finished school for good I still have four years to go.

posted 06-07-05 06:25 AM EDT (US)     879 / 1591  
We call it "University" here.

You have exams that early in school? Poor little thing...

The VoW Inn
posted 06-07-05 10:12 AM EDT (US)     880 / 1591  
Well, not exams per se, but it's a week of doing nothing but tests.

posted 06-07-05 01:57 PM EDT (US)     881 / 1591  
i think your right you might as well call that exams. a week of tests sounds just as bad.

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me
Into darkness, into night, amongst the shadows we shall fight!
-/X\( ++ ) /X\-L.E.D.- Hand of Malice-/X\( ++ ) /X\-
posted 06-07-05 03:14 PM EDT (US)     882 / 1591  
It's a week of tests sitting right beside my worst enemy, with her best friend in front and my second-worst enemy behind. A week of going "ZOMG, I know nothing!!". And stressing over the science paper and then finding out it's the basics that I knew since I was friggin' EIGHT.
Ugh. But it's over now.
But then there's the JC and LC and I'm seriously screwed for both.

posted 06-08-05 04:42 PM EDT (US)     883 / 1591  
that is pretty bad,if your sitting next to people you cant stand that makes it like 20x tougher.just because...

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me
posted 06-08-05 05:42 PM EDT (US)     884 / 1591  
Biology was okay. The second paper was the worst of the three, while the third was probably the best.

I had chemistry and history today.

The first chemistry paper wasn't too bad, then the second one wasn't amazing. History was quite good for the first one, not bad for the second one and I got total amnesia in the second one. I completely forgot about everything Northumberland and Somerset did during the reign of Edward VI. Oh well.

posted 06-10-05 03:16 PM EDT (US)     885 / 1591  
I had two English exams, one Science, one Maths (non-calculator), and French (listening). And, of course, Radio 3 puts Beethoven week on on exactly the most busy week when I need the most sleep...
At least I managed to get most of the Waldstein Sonata recorded.

Google's language can be set to Elmer Fudd! And Swedish Chef (alter the hl=en part of the url to hl=xx-bork)!

[This message has been edited by Strauss der Vater (edited 06-10-2005 @ 03:42 PM).]

posted 06-11-05 04:48 AM EDT (US)     886 / 1591  
Hi all, im new in Town and i noticed that the Weird Freak's place is still not taken, so if your hiring new staff i would be glad to work here.
posted 06-11-05 10:13 AM EDT (US)     887 / 1591  
Welcome! If the owner is ever in, it might just happen.

The VoW Inn
posted 06-13-05 03:24 PM EDT (US)     888 / 1591  
He last posted a week ago.
posted 06-13-05 03:37 PM EDT (US)     889 / 1591  
I'm here, I'm here. I've been busy with random things...

posted 06-13-05 04:04 PM EDT (US)     890 / 1591  
I'm busy with specific things.
posted 06-15-05 00:02 AM EDT (US)     891 / 1591  
I might not post in here for the next few weeks, so if you're wondering whether I'm alive or not, check my ICQ status and/or the last time I posted in one of my PBEMs.

The VoW Inn
posted 06-15-05 09:27 AM EDT (US)     892 / 1591  
I might not be around for the next three weeks either. Then again, I might. Depends if Russia has Internet cafes or not.
posted 06-20-05 05:20 AM EDT (US)     893 / 1591  
Bored? Go play Zork!

The VoW Inn
posted 06-27-05 07:33 PM EDT (US)     894 / 1591  
we miss ya Sul. this place is getting boring.=(

posted 07-01-05 05:13 PM EDT (US)     895 / 1591  
Zork! Zork Zork Zork! Advent! The Golden Wombat of Destiny!
posted 07-01-05 05:58 PM EDT (US)     896 / 1591  
Death to Grues!
posted 07-01-05 06:00 PM EDT (US)     897 / 1591  
So here it is...

The day I've been fearing since around September last year. The thought of the day coming has been in the back of my mind, nibbling away since September. This day? The final day of the school year.
However, I must admit I am midly optimistic. Sure, I was midly optimistic last year on the last day of term, but then it was for reason that was dependant on something: i.e. Steve (if you remember him) phoning me. This time, it is a more solid reason for this optimism. I am optimsitc because... well, life is, good.

Looking back, this year has been one of the best of recent memory. I met loads of new people and became a sixth former, gaining my own area of the school then I became a mentor and made numerous friends in year 7. Unlike last year, I actually became friends with them. Workwise I did okay, and I got about five commendations: one for each interim report. Which is pretty groovy!

Today itself was a reasonable day. I was friendly with the various year 7s, including Alex and played football and such. A girl in year 7 gave me her e-mail address (and I gave her mine) though I don't fancy her (despite what the others may say, she's just a friend) and the general mood was... good. The whole ended with morning talk, but now comes an interesting bit. If you read only two or so sentances in this topic, make sure it's these. As I came in, I heard a song starting. I recognised it as Time of your Life by Green Day. I was amazed. Why? Because during the summer hols, last year I dreamt that in the first morning talk of term, that the headmaster gave a speach (he does these things) and then it played as everyone filled out. Today, it played when we came in, not on the first day but the last. Then a speach did occur and the song did play as we filled out. It was great!

Karate also took place and I got graded and passed so I am now a yellow belt.

Anyhow, this year is over. I feel like I've acheived quite a bit this year, and things have been good overall. Now the summer holidays begin, but I feel good. In Sims 2 terms, my aspiration meter is quite high. Gold or yellow. So now, I can look foward to the future and next year with high hopes. I mean, I have much less reason to be depressed this year than I did last year. I mean, I AM actually friends with various people, with Alex, with Tom, with whoever while with Steve, I was never even close. My relationship is secure, so I have nothing to fear. So now the hols begin. Though they are long and will no doubt be hard, I am optimstic that they'll be better than last year. During these hols, I hope to get a job and also learn Icelandic. Next year, and the future in general, seems quite exciting and I'm looking foward to it. I hope to have some contact with at least one of the year 7s, whether that's Alex, Tom or whoever, but whatever. The thing that's most downing is my missing of various people (including many year 13s who've left) but I expect I'll see them again (except probably Tim who's moved to Canada) and the summer hols, though long, will pass soon. Just hope I can get the most out of them as possible.

Sorry for a whole post about me, but then I don't do such things very often, do I?

posted 07-01-05 06:07 PM EDT (US)     898 / 1591  
A warning, Eothain.*

Don't be too happy. That's when life stabs you in the back. Be happy, but not too happy. That's perfection.

* I've given up calling you your entire list of names, so I'll just call you by your best one.

posted 07-01-05 11:13 PM EDT (US)     899 / 1591  
Its interesting to see how other peoples lives are doing even though you have no idea who they are in Real life.So i must say thankyou for sharing.Its always neat to see where people are going and whats hapening with them.I appaloud you for your boldness.

[This message has been edited by Accusync72 (edited 07-01-2005 @ 11:15 PM).]

posted 07-02-05 05:47 AM EDT (US)     900 / 1591  
Cheers. You're so nice. Anyhow, I am wary of being stabbed in the back and I'm not extactically happy, just content happy. Cheers anyhow.

In another news, only 100 more posts to the big 1k! Let's show Senator No our power!

Also, I got the best of R.E.M. today! And I went paintballing on Thursday!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Valley of Wonders - Community Forum » The Valley of Wonders Inn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames