You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Valley of Wonders - Community Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Valley of Wonders Inn
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
posted 12-18-03 09:01 AM EDT (US)   

As you enter the Valley of Wonders, below you see a pleasant looking two story building. As you walk up to it, you see a sign above the door way saying 'The Valley of Wonders Inn'. You step inside and look around. There are many elves, dwarves and men sitting around the bar, drinking, eating and talking. In the corner, a large warm fire blazes. Upstairs there are many rooms with comftable bed where a weary traveller can rest his head Here you can chat about whatever you please or have a meal or just spend time with friends.

Menu

Bacon~ 5gp. . . . . . . . . .Lembas Bread~ 10gp
Bread~ 3gp. . . . . . . . . .Salted Pork~ 6gp
Doughnuts~ 4gp . . . . . .Soup~ 3gp
Hobbit Arms~ 6gp

Drinks

Ale~ 5gp. . . . . Vodka~ 6gp
Grog~ 4gp . . . .Water~ 3gp
Mead~ 6gp . . . Wine~ 7gp
Tea~ 7gp . . . . Whisky~ 5gp

Rooms

Halfling Hovel~ 5gp a night
Basic Room~ 7gp a night
Elven Suite~ 10gp a night
Knight's Delux~ 14gp a night
Wizard's Chamber~ 20gp a night

Staff

Innkeeper - Eothain
Chef - rifleman grim
Barman - Frall
Security Bloke - Cherub Gaiseric
Entertainment - karmic
Waiter- Sul the Just
Waiter's Slave (aka second waiter): Silver_Dragon
Wierd Freak - GreenMan

This is sort of based on the beefeater in at CH: http://cossacks.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=11&tn=1814&f=11,,0,all&st=0 This isn't some kind of fad thingy, just an attempt to breathe life into AoWH! And you can chat about anything, in real life or not so.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL TEAMS IN QUALIFICATION MATCHES THIS WEEKEND, FROM THE INN STAFF!

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

[This message has been edited by eOtHaIn (edited 09-01-2006 @ 11:08 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-28-04 11:54 PM EDT (US)     571 / 1591  
Yeah, but... I'm not going to.
I'll probably come back to the RP eventually, with a new nation, one that's better thought out. But I think it's best if I let Aumaan die.
I haven't read any of the threads at Havocaos in so long. Suspect I'll have lots of catching up to do...
posted 10-29-04 11:45 AM EDT (US)     572 / 1591  
Try Legends of Elveron!

www.elveron.com

NeKoeNMa Empire.size = 11

posted 10-30-04 09:22 AM EDT (US)     573 / 1591  
*combo fatality*

NeKoeNMa Empire.size = 12

posted 10-30-04 09:51 AM EDT (US)     574 / 1591  
Hey guys! Missed me?

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 10-30-04 02:49 PM EDT (US)     575 / 1591  
Wy are everybody talking of empires??? If nobody else wants to have this inn I might take it for my self and use it as a spesial hideout for dragons. That is if there are more dragons out there.

controll over inn = 1%

I think we should begin slow.

First, maybe I should explore the kichen for a hobbit arm.

posted 10-30-04 03:15 PM EDT (US)     576 / 1591  
I was starting to wonder if you had left, Sul...
And then I saw Falagar post, and remembered that long absenses followed by one or two posts and more long absenses are perfectly normal around here.
posted 10-30-04 10:48 PM EDT (US)     577 / 1591  

Quote:

Hey guys! Missed me?

Not at all.

Quote:

controll over inn = 1%

*sends some virus to stop inn overthrowing*

NeKoeNMa empire.size = 13

posted 10-31-04 06:48 AM EDT (US)     578 / 1591  
This time I didn't post not cause I couldn't be bothered but because I was grounded

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 10-31-04 11:46 AM EDT (US)     579 / 1591  
DvorakianEmpire.Size = 0, you say?
I say:
DvorakianEmpire.Size = 50
Dvorakian Empire.Size = 50
Dvorakian_Empire.Size = 50
DvorakianEmpire.Invade(XenoianEmpire)
Dvorakian Empire.Invade(XenoianEmpire)
Dvorakian_Empire.Invade(XenoianEmpire)
posted 10-31-04 09:11 PM EDT (US)     580 / 1591  
Squeeky_Dragon Empire.Invade (LotsOfTinyEmpires)
Squeeky_Dragon Empire.Size = 100

Okay, now that I've expanded into a much larger sphere of influence, I now take action against the other world powers.

Squeeky_Dragon Empire.Invade (DvorakianEmpire)
Squeeky_Dragon Empire.Invade (Dvorakian Empire)
Squeeky_Dragon Empire.Invade (Dvorakian_Empire)

While your armies are away attacking Xeno's miniscule empire, my navy carries millions of Squeeky_Dragonian soldiers and aircraft to your capital.

Enjoy your rule -- while it lasts.

*evil laughter*

Hey, I'm a dragon, Rainbow. A red Tiberian, in fact.

posted 11-01-04 01:00 AM EDT (US)     581 / 1591  
Alphaxian Empire.Size = 13

Here endeth the counting.

Well, Havocaos is dead (again).

If dragons take over the inn, we shall have to retake it in a glorious battle!

===================================== Alphax =====================================
============= LASFS Operative #4 =============
The VoW Inn
"I'll bribe you to change the inn link in your sig." -- TDK
================================================================================
posted 11-01-04 01:25 PM EDT (US)     582 / 1591  
IC: *takes off headphones*
Hey! No takeovers! Inn policy! *points to sign:

Unfortunately,
due to reasons of good taste,
all tyranical activity is

STRICTLY PHOHIBITED
in this Inn

posted 11-01-04 03:08 PM EDT (US)     583 / 1591  
Silver_Dragon.Empire.Wakeupfromdeephibernation()
Silver_Dragon.Say("Missed me??")

Missed me??

Ill be back at this time every weekday, not counting holidays or any days when there is no school...

I have gone to find myself.
If i get back before i return, keep me here.
posted 11-02-04 12:30 PM EDT (US)     584 / 1591  
Yay! Welcome back!

Nothing changed, except my black nailpolish has almost run out.

I got white acryllic all over my school jumper in art class today! (well, not ALL over, but it's enough to be noticed ...)

posted 11-02-04 02:19 PM EDT (US)     585 / 1591  
Yay! you missed me

Im making computer games in the school library all day, the librarians a bit pissed at me because i "play" them.

posted 11-02-04 09:45 PM EDT (US)     586 / 1591  
What sort of games are you programming? Strategy games, arcade, or what?
posted 11-05-04 02:35 PM EDT (US)     587 / 1591  
Mostly arcade games .

I'm used to programming in Vb.Net, but the school does only have access to Vb6, otherwise i'd make strategy games .

I'm trying to make an AoW enchancement program(Simple stuff as send to allies and such...), but as i have no access to AoW anymore, thats impossible...

posted 11-08-04 03:23 PM EDT (US)     588 / 1591  
Aww, why? Did you forget the disks?

posted 11-08-04 03:57 PM EDT (US)     589 / 1591  
Visual Basic.Net is great for programming strategy games. Even easier if you don't mind a Windows look (using .Net controls).
posted 11-10-04 02:23 AM EDT (US)     590 / 1591  
Well, nobody missed me. Guess I'll come back when I'm missed.
posted 11-10-04 11:57 AM EDT (US)     591 / 1591  
I missed you, Alphax! Come back! We love you!

How can I wait on knowing, this is the price of war?
We rise with noble intentions and we risk all that is pure.
O
|/|\/
/\
ENGLISH SWORDSMAN!
posted 11-10-04 04:34 PM EDT (US)     592 / 1591  
How does one get custom controls in VB.NET to work, and is it absolutely necessary to use dlls?
I've never been able to get this information from anyone and ask questions afterwards
posted 11-11-04 00:42 AM EDT (US)     593 / 1591  
Alphax: See post #576.
posted 11-11-04 05:00 AM EDT (US)     594 / 1591  
I'll take the job of weid freak here as well... sounds like it's a nice place...

"The intensity, the aggression, the hatred. You could just hear a lead singer scream at the top of his lungs. I felt that way. I wanted to smash things."
-Kurt Cobain
My Rock Forums

[This message has been edited by Ramsees (edited 11-11-2004 @ 05:00 AM).]

posted 11-12-04 02:22 PM EDT (US)     595 / 1591  
Karmic's not posting, so he is no longer playing his guitar either. Why? Because I say so.
I now take the title "Entertainment".
*Starts playing Bach preludes and fugues*
posted 11-12-04 03:04 PM EDT (US)     596 / 1591  
Hey, barkeep! I'll have a nice pint of grog.

"The intensity, the aggression, the hatred. You could just hear a lead singer scream at the top of his lungs. I felt that way. I wanted to smash things."
-Kurt Cobain
My Rock Forums
posted 11-13-04 11:33 AM EDT (US)     597 / 1591  
*passes over a pint of Grog* That'll be 4gp please.

*presses a button under the bar*

*speakers and lights appear* Hey everyone, it's kareoke time!

O
|/|\/
/\
ENGLISH SWORDSMAN!
posted 11-13-04 03:40 PM EDT (US)     598 / 1591  
*hands over 4 gp to barkeep*

*Starts singing Nirvana - You Know You're Right*

-Kurt Cobain
My Rock Forums
posted 11-13-04 04:03 PM EDT (US)     599 / 1591  
Talking of Nirvanna, on Classic FM TV, there's a version of Smells Like Teen Spirit by the 'Scala Choir', which is an all girls choir of teenage girls , which they play quite often.

O
|/|\/
/\
ENGLISH SWORDSMAN!
posted 11-13-04 07:24 PM EDT (US)     600 / 1591  
An annoucement:

The Inn is currently undergoing a state of expansion and development, and work will be progressing steadilly untill the new developments are finished.

However, bussiness can continue as usual in the mean time but there may be a few interuptions caused by the work. We at the Valley of Wonders Inn want to provide the best experience possible for all our guests and this expansion will allow us to cater to more guests, better.

O
|/|\/
/\
ENGLISH SWORDSMAN!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Valley of Wonders - Community Forum » The Valley of Wonders Inn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames