You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Valley of Wonders - Community Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Valley of Wonders Inn
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
posted 12-18-03 09:01 AM EDT (US)   

As you enter the Valley of Wonders, below you see a pleasant looking two story building. As you walk up to it, you see a sign above the door way saying 'The Valley of Wonders Inn'. You step inside and look around. There are many elves, dwarves and men sitting around the bar, drinking, eating and talking. In the corner, a large warm fire blazes. Upstairs there are many rooms with comftable bed where a weary traveller can rest his head Here you can chat about whatever you please or have a meal or just spend time with friends.

Menu

Bacon~ 5gp. . . . . . . . . .Lembas Bread~ 10gp
Bread~ 3gp. . . . . . . . . .Salted Pork~ 6gp
Doughnuts~ 4gp . . . . . .Soup~ 3gp
Hobbit Arms~ 6gp

Drinks

Ale~ 5gp. . . . . Vodka~ 6gp
Grog~ 4gp . . . .Water~ 3gp
Mead~ 6gp . . . Wine~ 7gp
Tea~ 7gp . . . . Whisky~ 5gp

Rooms

Halfling Hovel~ 5gp a night
Basic Room~ 7gp a night
Elven Suite~ 10gp a night
Knight's Delux~ 14gp a night
Wizard's Chamber~ 20gp a night

Staff

Innkeeper - Eothain
Chef - rifleman grim
Barman - Frall
Security Bloke - Cherub Gaiseric
Entertainment - karmic
Waiter- Sul the Just
Waiter's Slave (aka second waiter): Silver_Dragon
Wierd Freak - GreenMan

This is sort of based on the beefeater in at CH: http://cossacks.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=11&tn=1814&f=11,,0,all&st=0 This isn't some kind of fad thingy, just an attempt to breathe life into AoWH! And you can chat about anything, in real life or not so.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL TEAMS IN QUALIFICATION MATCHES THIS WEEKEND, FROM THE INN STAFF!

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

[This message has been edited by eOtHaIn (edited 09-01-2006 @ 11:08 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-13-04 12:30 PM EDT (US)     271 / 1591  
OOC: You don't always have to role-play. It's certainly not mandatory, you can talk about RLtm stuff too. And I hadn't fixed the pic because it was working last time a I checked.

posted 05-13-04 01:14 PM EDT (US)     272 / 1591  
OOC:

I second that. Just put 'OOC' so I people won't get confused.

Anyone got any tips on learning lines? I have a part in a play, and it's quite big.

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 05-13-04 02:04 PM EDT (US)     273 / 1591  
I wouldn't know. The only major plays I've been in, I've not had a single line... Bastards...

And the plays were I have had lines I've had only few which weren't hard to remember.

posted 05-14-04 01:05 PM EDT (US)     274 / 1591  
OOC:
I've only eleven lines in Act One (as far as I know anyway. I haven't got all the script), but a lot of ques. We did the first runthrough today (with scripts), what a nightmare! Everyone either stumbled over words, or tripped, or started laughing.

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 05-15-04 08:53 AM EDT (US)     275 / 1591  
What play is it?

posted 05-15-04 12:59 PM EDT (US)     276 / 1591  
Not anything famous, not Shakespear or anything. I'm still in school, you know ...

posted 05-15-04 01:23 PM EDT (US)     277 / 1591  
I know you're in school but that doesn't mean you might not be doing some famous play (at my school, we did Romeo and Juliet as well as Jesus Christ, Super Star). Anyway, I may have heard of it, so out with the name, kiddo.

posted 05-16-04 02:11 PM EDT (US)     278 / 1591  
A Lad in Blunderland. It's a parody on fairytales, and, frankly, it's not that funny.

posted 05-21-04 00:19 AM EDT (US)     279 / 1591  
OOC:

I want to throw you off of a mountain, I want to drown you in the sea....

Sorry, just thinking... Savage Garden song?

It's very quiet in here.... perhaps because exams are coming?

A few people seem to have changed their nicks. Although I didn't know this when I started using it about 10 years ago, my nick is the name of a space arcade game, a text editor, and various other things. I thought about changing it when I discovered this, but I've been using it for so long now...

===================================== Alphax =====================================
============= LASFS Operative #4 =============
The VoW Inn
"I'll bribe you to change the inn link in your sig." -- TDK
================================================================================
posted 05-21-04 11:39 AM EDT (US)     280 / 1591  
Yes, Savage Garden... Slightly altered lyrics though... We can all dream... Only to see said dreams be dashed into a hundred pieces like glass.

posted 05-21-04 01:20 PM EDT (US)     281 / 1591  

Quoted from Alphax:

A few people seem to have changed their nicks

I had to change mine ... submitted my new e-mail with the wrong domain, so I had to change it. Silva_Drake found out (courtesy of yours truly) that Silva is a tree and Drake is a male duck, so he changed it to Silver_Dragon.

A text editor is not the worst thing to be named after, btw.

[This message has been edited by Sul the Just (edited 05-21-2004 @ 01:22 PM).]

posted 05-22-04 07:30 PM EDT (US)     282 / 1591  
Wow! Looks like this place grew up while I was away!

Now the menu... It has more things aside from the Lembas!
And the drinks... There are so many varieties...
I guess I'm joining...
Can I be the Elven Ranger?

Neko

posted 05-22-04 11:40 PM EDT (US)     283 / 1591  
*Draconians and tigrans begin battling outside window*
*Squueky gets hit by stray arrow*
*Screeches*
*Green-blue blood spurts from wing*
*Ear splitting screech*
*Eyes darken, limbs collapse on each other*
*Corpse turns to ash*
*Explodes in flame*
*Remaining ashes scatter*
*"Yith'kiras mith Astal k'rey#" is head in the minds of everyone in the inn and outside*

#Translated, "I will return, and you will be doomed"

posted 05-23-04 07:38 AM EDT (US)     284 / 1591  
IC:
*looks at the pile of ash*
Someone, sweep that up!

posted 06-01-04 06:43 AM EDT (US)     285 / 1591  
*Fetches dustpan and broom*

Hmm, I think we're out of hobbits... I'll go see if I can get some wild ones (we really shouldn't eat potential customers...)

*nips outside*

===================================== Alphax =====================================
The VoW Inn
================================================================================
posted 06-02-04 09:27 PM EDT (US)     286 / 1591  
An Inn. Intresting.

\/\\evo'_____________________________________
//
"i get more IM's from AOL System Message than from everyone else"-Anonymous
posted 06-04-04 01:15 AM EDT (US)     287 / 1591  
*Throws out outsider from AOKH*

"War does not decide who is right... only who is left." -Bertrand Russell
posted 06-04-04 05:46 PM EDT (US)     288 / 1591  
Do you also throw in insiders from AoWH ?
posted 06-07-04 07:21 PM EDT (US)     289 / 1591  
*Returns with large bag over shoulder*

*Enters kitchen*

Put these in the fridge, will you?

The VoW Inn
posted 06-08-04 07:23 AM EDT (US)     290 / 1591  

Quote:

Do you also throw in insiders from AoWH ?

Not usually, but I'll make an exception for you.

*Throws out Berend*

"War does not decide who is right... only who is left." -Bertrand Russell
posted 06-08-04 12:58 PM EDT (US)     291 / 1591  
*Looks up from script and maths book*

Goddammit, keep it down! I have lines to learn and revision to do!

posted 06-09-04 00:17 AM EDT (US)     292 / 1591  

Quote:

Menu

Bacon~ 5gp. . . . . . . . . .Lembas Bread~ 10gp
Bread~ 3gp. . . . . . . . . .Salted Pork~ 6gp
Doughnuts~ 4gp . . . . . .Soup~ 3gp
Hobbit Arms~ 6gp

I'll have the lot. And mix it all up in a bucket.

posted 06-09-04 02:01 AM EDT (US)     293 / 1591  
*Small dwarven magician appears, as psykitty orders*
"Ah, that was a good trick, wasn't it? Pretending to be a dragon and exploding in fire, I mean. You can call me Squeeky Dragon still," said the dwarven magician. "You might want to shorten your order, psykitty. You don't have 36 gold pieces. Don't ask me how I know, I just do."

The dwarven mage sat down at an empty stool by the counter and said, "Some good ol' dwarven ale would do well." As he did so, he slid five gold coins across the counter.

posted 06-09-04 01:14 PM EDT (US)     294 / 1591  
*stands up, gets the ale*
Here you go.

*goes to find a bucket*

Where the hell is Silver_Dragon?

posted 06-09-04 01:40 PM EDT (US)     295 / 1591  
*comes back*
Seriously, where is he? We'll need a third waiter at this rate! Who's willing?

posted 06-09-04 04:47 PM EDT (US)     296 / 1591  

Quote:

"You might want to shorten your order, psykitty. You don't have 36 gold pieces. Don't ask me how I know, I just do."

Nah, I'll just go beat up on some helpless woodland creatures and take their money. Just like in real life.

posted 06-10-04 02:44 AM EDT (US)     297 / 1591  
*Emerges from kitchen*

Some of the food I found had money with it. (Oops, they might have been customers... ah well).

*Checks bottom of meat bag*

Ah yes, here we go. Total of 53gp. That should cover my debts, and psykitty's bulk order.

The VoW Inn
posted 06-10-04 03:32 PM EDT (US)     298 / 1591  
OC:
I have been AFK a lot lately, rarely had some time for the forums(Exams & stuff).

IC:
*Wakes up*

Ahhh, a good weeks sleep...

I have gone to find myself.
If i get back before i return, keep me here.
posted 06-10-04 05:30 PM EDT (US)     299 / 1591  
OOC:

Exams? I pity you. We didn't have much tests, but the maths papers were nerve-wracking. We had SIX of them and I almost freaked out on the last one, 'cause I couldn't remember how to do something really simple.

IC:

You're awake. Good. Now, go wash the dishes! I've been doin' that for ages now, it's your turn!

posted 06-11-04 03:06 PM EDT (US)     300 / 1591  
DAMNIT!
I hate to the the dishes!!
*goes to kitchen and does it anyway*
*gets pissed because he walked right into the wall*

What the heck??
You moved the kitchen door AGAIN??

I have gone to find myself.
If i get back before i return, keep me here.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Valley of Wonders - Community Forum » The Valley of Wonders Inn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames