Valley of Wonders - Community Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Valley of Wonders Inn
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 51 52 53  Next Page »
posted 12-18-03 09:01 AM EDT (US)   

As you enter the Valley of Wonders, below you see a pleasant looking two story building. As you walk up to it, you see a sign above the door way saying 'The Valley of Wonders Inn'. You step inside and look around. There are many elves, dwarves and men sitting around the bar, drinking, eating and talking. In the corner, a large warm fire blazes. Upstairs there are many rooms with comftable bed where a weary traveller can rest his head Here you can chat about whatever you please or have a meal or just spend time with friends.

Menu

Bacon~ 5gp. . . . . . . . . .Lembas Bread~ 10gp
Bread~ 3gp. . . . . . . . . .Salted Pork~ 6gp
Doughnuts~ 4gp . . . . . .Soup~ 3gp
Hobbit Arms~ 6gp

Drinks

Ale~ 5gp. . . . . Vodka~ 6gp
Grog~ 4gp . . . .Water~ 3gp
Mead~ 6gp . . . Wine~ 7gp
Tea~ 7gp . . . . Whisky~ 5gp

Rooms

Halfling Hovel~ 5gp a night
Basic Room~ 7gp a night
Elven Suite~ 10gp a night
Knight's Delux~ 14gp a night
Wizard's Chamber~ 20gp a night

Staff

Innkeeper - Eothain
Chef - rifleman grim
Barman - Frall
Security Bloke - Cherub Gaiseric
Entertainment - karmic
Waiter- Sul the Just
Waiter's Slave (aka second waiter): Silver_Dragon
Wierd Freak - GreenMan

This is sort of based on the beefeater in at CH: http://cossacks.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=11&tn=1814&f=11,,0,all&st=0 This isn't some kind of fad thingy, just an attempt to breathe life into AoWH! And you can chat about anything, in real life or not so.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL TEAMS IN QUALIFICATION MATCHES THIS WEEKEND, FROM THE INN STAFF!

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

[This message has been edited by eOtHaIn (edited 09-01-2006 @ 11:08 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-18-08 10:23 AM EDT (US)     1531 / 1591  
Yes, my avatar is a pic of Illidan. I know he isīnt green but I think the one who made the picture wanted Illidan to fit with his green swords. If you take a good look you can see his horns popping out of his head and the tatoos (greeaner then ever).

Donīt know who sunstrider is you say. Well check him out, you wonīt get dissapointed.

Yes I have played World of Warcraft on my brothers computer but not on retail. I am looking for a new computer so I can play it whenever I want to and when I find one, I will start playing retail with my friends.
And you?

I am currently lvl 53 orc warrior if you liked to know.

No need for unnecessary citerias.-Balak 20/03.08

Well.. that was a unnecessary citeria

[This message has been edited by BalakofThorn (edited 04-18-2008 @ 10:24 AM).]

posted 04-19-08 08:46 PM EDT (US)     1532 / 1591  
Meh...WoW is all well and good, but I've never liked the idea of paying $50 USD for a trial period and then paying MORE thereafter. If I ever do pick up an MMO, it'll probably be GW.

Oh, and in WC3, Illidan (once he goes all demonic) is a featureless, entirely black creature with a form something like what Balak has pictured. They portray him rather differently in screenshots.

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Acolyte-/X\(++)/X\-
posted 04-20-08 05:46 AM EDT (US)     1533 / 1591  
Iīve never actually played GW, mostly because lvl stop is on 20 wich is too low to me. Otherwise it seems to be a good game.

No need for unnecessary citerias.-Balak 20/03.08

Well.. that was a unnecessary citeria
posted 05-22-08 08:17 AM EDT (US)     1534 / 1591  
Guild War is alright... Although I only played the original but apparently the expansions make it a much better game. But yeah, I hate the fact you can only get to level 20. And the fact that you can't meet people in the wilderness (and you're quite restricted in where you can go, you're kept to particular paths, it harldy has the freeness of most MMORPGs). That and in the cities it's all people saying "Selling purple die 50 gold" or whatever... And the lack of armour is pretty lame...

posted 06-03-08 05:24 PM EDT (US)     1535 / 1591  
*cough*

posted 07-03-08 08:35 PM EDT (US)     1536 / 1591  
Make me tripple post why don't you!

posted 07-04-08 03:04 AM EDT (US)     1537 / 1591  
I actually did pick up GW: Prophecies at last a week ago. The result: eh. It looks pretty, and it runs fairly intuitively, but I'm not sure it will hold my interest for a very long time. The game is focused very much on combat - PvE or PvP, whatever your tastes. The ability to freely respec any time you're in town is nice. But overall, the effect is similar to playing a TCG - the whole point of the game is to figure out the right "deck" of skills and attribute levels which will ensure maximum ownage. If you get bored of that, then you won't enjoy playing much, because that's all it is - strategic combat.

I'm thinking of picking up a WoW trial. Tell me: is this a good move or a bad move? And if it's a good move, any advice?

posted 07-05-08 03:42 PM EDT (US)     1538 / 1591  
Wow is an addicting game, and it will consume your life for at LEAST 3-5 months if you get sucked into it.
and if you cant find a way out, well,..........you will keep playing it for years and the next expansion comes out in Nov. i believe.

after i hit around level 25 it became routine and boring to me, i think my highest character is only level 27. *shrugs*
it got boring to me after awhile, the creatures are mostly the same and just toughend up for higher levels and bigger looking but same creatures, and the quests............ugh..........the quests are all the same as well for the most part mostly you have to go collect things for people or kill things for people and return to them or go find someone else to deliver a message, thats 90% of all the quests. and that gets old FAST.

one thing i do love about it though is the instances,(dungeon crawls you can only survive with a group)

that is the only thing that stays fun for me no matter what. and the PvP Areana team things, to me, thats the most fun in the game and everything else gets boring and old quick.

of course im only level 27 which is quite low with all the level 60+ people walking around. so what do i know.

(getting a profession helps keep interest in it a little as well, but that becomes more of a bother after a while)

Age of Wonders is better, the Age of Wonders map editor.......wont..........let.........me...........put age of wonders to rest, their is always something new you could create.
Hence why i still play Age of Wonders after all these years. Age of Wonders will never get old.

GW is very similar to WoW.

[This message has been edited by Roadamer (edited 07-05-2008 @ 03:46 PM).]

posted 07-08-08 07:36 PM EDT (US)     1539 / 1591  
Yeah, that seems a pretty apt description of GW, Kanohoe.

And yeah, WoW is magnificent and extremely addicted. I love it. I may get it one day... But yeah, deffintely go for the trial. One thing I like over GW is the freedom you have, you can go anywhere you like and in theory you could have a night elf using a rifle for instance, which is kinda an amusing thought (although it's much easier to get dwarves, gnomes or humans to use them). And i just love the detail and atmospere of the game, as well as the varied aspects of it.

Plus, the battles between orcs and humans looked interesting but I never participated in any, only having got to level 12 or so with my wizard Aneya.

Also, each of the cities for the factions are pretty cool. They're pretty big. And it's call, the human one (Stormwind) has different areas like the merchant quater, the mage quater and random twisty streets. The undead city was pretty awesome too as it it was underground and had a real sense of spooky erieness to it and being somewhere you can get lost in with different levels. The dwarf/gnome place was alright, but it was a bit too symetrical for my liking. I didn't see the orc/tauren city but the night elf one was pretty awesome, lots of water and kinda seemed rather serene...

Oh gosh, i wish i was playing it now...

posted 07-09-08 11:51 PM EDT (US)     1540 / 1591  
Got the trial, rolled up a Night Elf Druid. So far, looks good. I may expand on that later.

posted 07-10-08 07:44 PM EDT (US)     1541 / 1591  
Interesting, my first character was a night elf druid as well...

But i mostly played my human mage.

posted 07-17-08 02:36 AM EDT (US)     1542 / 1591  
Recently set my night elf druid aside for a big, ugly troll warrior...not nearly so lovely, but much more durable.

I'm still not entirely sure what to make of WoW...it seems solid enough, but it's not really grabbing me, not really sticking in my mind. It's fun enough when I do play, more so than most MMOs I've tried, but I'm not incredibly wowed by it (please forgive the awful pun.) I may spend some more time in the trial, but at this point I can't see going any further with it.

posted 07-25-08 06:46 PM EDT (US)     1543 / 1591  
*Update*

The trial is over by this point, of course, and I remain unimpressed. Perhaps MMOs just aren't my thing, I don't know - playing WoW was fun, particularly those times when I teamed up with some other players to complete a couple quests, but it never held my attention very well, and generally my time with my computer was spent with some other program.

In short: not buying the subscription.

posted 07-26-08 02:18 AM EDT (US)     1544 / 1591  
Kaneohe, perhaps it is a good thing the WoW trial did not suck you in. Despite the fact that with a subscribed account, more options are open (use of mail, level cap removed) the game has a deadly potential to draw one in.
I enjoyed WoW for quite some time, even beyond the point I realized I was addicted. And despite only having one main 70 end of game raider and one main 70 pvper, the other 70's I have cannot be totally ignored and thus consume time. Alot of time. I'm not sure if I should actually reveal just how many 70's I have, but I will forever be Horde, and they all are

But yes, WoW is addictive once your interest and enjoyment in the game is reached. Of course, if you are not left with as much free time, perhaps it would not be so.
I've never played, or even seen GW, but I have only heard negative feedback about it, so I haven't bothered with it myself.

=LASFS Operative #2=
-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. War Leader-/X\(++)/X\-
posted 08-01-08 03:56 PM EDT (US)     1545 / 1591  
Right...

I have found another little hobby for myself: Eshraval. Its a community where people create nation ideas then put them into practice with a pedia and a game sim, though the latter I believe has less influence.

So if you like alternate-earths and geofiction in general, you should definitely check it out.

Right...

That was enough advertising for one day! I am busy developing my nation idea! Its great craic and the community are so helpful

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-02-08 00:27 AM EDT (US)     1546 / 1591  
A link perhaps?

Mmm, Wow didn't draw you in? Well that's good. It could quite easilly draw me in. I really did love it.

GW is okay, it's quite flawed but has no monthly charge. I guess you pay for what you get.

posted 08-02-08 06:25 AM EDT (US)     1547 / 1591  
http://eshraval.com/esh/

Registration is required to see all the peoples' posts, but this should be enough for the incredible resource section.

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-02-08 08:01 PM EDT (US)     1548 / 1591  
Woah - HG are making CafePress shirts? I stumbled across a thread for it on AoKH and was intrigued. Perhaps an Age of Wonders shirt? "'Yes, we are still alive!'"

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 09-28-08 02:12 AM EDT (US)     1549 / 1591  
A small man strides into the inn, catching a few people's glances as he does so. He is well dressed and old, fairly old. He walks up to the bar and asks for an ale, hoping to drown his sorrows in drink.
Later, once finished his drink, he asks for the Wizards Delux room, he was meeting somebody in the morning, an old friend of his, so he needed somewhere to stay for the night.

This is a dignified place for dignified people, young man. Top hats and monocles are not only recommended, they're required.

Black Hound
posted 10-07-08 02:21 PM EDT (US)     1550 / 1591  
*Explosion*

I gave been imprisoned in the dread place known as "Mac" for over a year now, but recently I have succeeded in tests of the spell I call "makeageofwonderswork"!

Following this may be tests of the spell's ability to interface with magic such as ii-mayul and my ability to be a dutiful sender of ii-mayuls to my enemies!

If my enemies are lucky, I may even find that I am able to avoid neglecting these ii-mayul-sending duties and keep a game alive.

[This message has been edited by A Qatigattuusara (edited 10-08-2008 @ 01:25 PM).]

posted 10-08-08 11:26 AM EDT (US)     1551 / 1591  
I bought Age of Wonders for about 3 quid on ebay and it works fine.

Still... It's on my step-dad's computer... I'm just wondering if it's possible to transfer save game files to other computers since I use this one most.

posted 10-08-08 01:18 PM EDT (US)     1552 / 1591  
Of course it is, Neothain - just copy the contents of the "saves" folder (or whatever it's called), which has all the .acg and .asg files.

Edit: you'll probably run into nasty problems if you have a different set of mods installed, or if they were installed in a different order or something...

[This message has been edited by A Qatigattuusara (edited 10-08-2008 @ 01:32 PM).]

posted 10-08-08 01:28 PM EDT (US)     1553 / 1591  
I'm not sure, I tried transferring the files between computers and it didn't work for me. Maybe I did something wrong, so I'd definitely give it a go.

This is a dignified place for dignified people, young man. Top hats and monocles are not only recommended, they're required.

Black Hound
posted 12-03-08 10:46 AM EDT (US)     1554 / 1591  
*Enters the Inn and salutes those inside*

Good day fellow travelers, My name is Slipkyes Sharpblade, I have led many armies of my kind (Humans) and of other races more to defeat than victory. I come to this Inn to have a drink and hopefully a friendly chat to forget about my latest and future deceits in the world of the Age of Wonders. who wishes to join me in a chat? I buy the first round!
posted 02-08-09 07:43 AM EDT (US)     1555 / 1591  
Top! Come on people, let's breath some life into this forum.

posted 03-28-09 04:16 PM EDT (US)     1556 / 1591  
yes lets!

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me
Into darkness, into night, amongst the shadows we shall fight!
-/X\( ++ ) /X\-L.E.D.- Hand of Malice-/X\( ++ ) /X\-
posted 04-25-09 06:16 AM EDT (US)     1557 / 1591  
I dunno how though. How's everyone? got exams soon?

posted 04-25-09 09:53 AM EDT (US)     1558 / 1591  
Have you been running this place for over 6 years now?? Have a drink... on me!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 04-25-09 05:47 PM EDT (US)     1559 / 1591  
No i do not, not in school. graduated a few years ago. just been working full time.

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me
Into darkness, into night, amongst the shadows we shall fight!
-/X\( ++ ) /X\-L.E.D.- Hand of Malice-/X\( ++ ) /X\-
posted 05-03-09 01:07 PM EDT (US)     1560 / 1591  
Working full time? Ewww...

Yep, 6 years and counting. If this thread ever gets to 2500 posts, it'll be amazing! This thread has basically been going on as long as I've been a member of HG. Though it's interesting to read all the previous posts and see various members come and go. Quite sad in some ways. But at least you're one of the original posters in this thread!!!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 51 52 53  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Valley of Wonders - Community Forum » The Valley of Wonders Inn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames