AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: My Vision For PBEM - Original Campaign PBEM Tourney
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10  Next Page »
posted 12-05-08 00:18 AM EDT (US)   
So I have no idea how practical or achievable this is, but I felt like just talking about it since I think it's a cool idea.

I was thinking about how cool it would be if we were to do some sort of PBEM campaign where we went through all the dev-made scenarios that came with the game, in chronological order (so beginning with Blood Isles), with each player assigned to a different race. Each player represents this race throughout the campaign, and joins in on every map that there race is represented on. This means that whoever plays Humans, Elves, Halflings, Goblins, etc, will get a whole bunch of games, while those who play Highmen, Lizards, etc, will play fairly rarely. After each game, races will be given points depending on its outcome - the race with the most points at the end (or whenever everyone calls it quits) would be declared the dominant faction of the Valley of Wonders. Larger maps might be glossed over to save time (i.e. After the Fall, Oracle's Eye) - unless there is a large demand to do those maps. I'll admit that After the Fall would be a lot of fun in this kind of context, but it might just bog things down too much.

Players could even conduct diplomacy outside of games - for example, perhaps the Elves would want to form a consistent alliance with the Halflings, so that they always go into maps with the expectation that they will ally with one another. This could even see factions arise - the Elves, Halflings and Dwarves band together, only to be matched by an alliance of Dark Elves, Orcs and Goblins. However, the treacherous Goblins abandon their masters to join the more promising Human-Azrac coalition. Perhaps rivalries between factions could erupt - the Undead form an alliance with the Dark Elves in game, but refuse to join their faction outside of the game, so the Dark Elves issue a "join or die" ultimatum. Or let it slide. Who knows?

I'm aware that having twelve commited players to do this is unlikely, so we would probably cut out races starting with the least present. Also the scoring system introduced would have to make sure that races are balanced depending on how present they are (perhaps + x points for victory and - x points for defeat? That way races who are in almost every map would have a higher chance at getting more points, but also a higher chance of losing some). Anyway, what do you think? Is it plausible? Or just a pipe dream?
Replies:
posted 09-30-11 10:07 AM EDT (US)     241 / 299  
Beginning from tomorrow, I will not be able to play my turns for several days, perhaps even until next weekend.
posted 10-09-11 12:36 PM EDT (US)     242 / 299  
Dwarves Diplomatic Action:

No longer feeling the need to extend our resources to protect weak Humans, the Dwarves are leaving the Keepers. We would still extend terms of Peace to the Halflings and the Elves.

Recent war stories from Stonewell have given all Dwarves the inspiration of superiority over the Evil races. We declare war on all Evil races! May our mighty hammers destroy their presence, wherever they are found.

We also extend terms of alliance to any race that would follow us on this crusade.

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
posted 10-10-11 04:37 PM EDT (US)     243 / 299  
Very interesting turnout and most welcome flavour to the upcoming Campaign games, I hope! Remember though Travis that Campaign Game war cannot be sued for peace in middle of ongoing game. You start in war and you eighter go down with it or triumph (though it would seem that was your idea anyway ). If it only wouldn't be so self-destructive, I were very tempted to declare war upon everyone who hasn't done any diplomacy, just to get them part of it...

Current Diplomacy:
Keepers - Elves and Halflings / protecting Humans
Hammerheart Alliance - Dwarves / war on Undead, Dark Elves, Orcs and Goblins
Cult of Storms - Dark Elves / war on Humans / allied with Frostlings
Frostlings - Allied with Dark Elves / war on Undead / war on Humans

Hope this name for the new alliance is acceptable to Dwarves of Hammerteeth clan aswell.

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Frozen Warrior-/X\(++)/X\-
posted 10-10-11 05:20 PM EDT (US)     244 / 299  
Diplomatic action:

The Elves are disappointed by the withdrawal of the Dwarves from the Keepers alliance. We hope we can maintain peaceful relations with them and their alliance in the future. To rebuild the strength of the Keepers alliance, we welcome all neutral races to join it (in case of the Humans we are happy with the current protection relationship, so no changes are needed). We also welcome the Dark Elves if they abandon their hostility towards Humans, we hope they will do it now when it became obvious that their current policy leads to a failure. Orcs, Goblins and Undead are not welcome.

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 10-10-2011 @ 05:22 PM).]

posted 10-10-11 10:14 PM EDT (US)     245 / 299  
Hammerheart Alliance sounds great

Permanent war is fine! But as for my Peace with Elves and Halflings, can it be shifted to war or alliance in games?

I wonder how many players in this even read this thread very often? Maybe that's why they form no diplomacy stuff.

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
posted 11-28-11 07:10 AM EDT (US)     246 / 299  
Isn't it time to put someone from the Subtitute list in the game?

#7373DE Human #EFB573 Azrac #4AA58C Lizard #9CC6E7 Frostling
#6BB54A Elf #EFE773 Halfling #D6AD8C Dwarf #EFEFDE High Man
#B563BD Dark Elf #F74242 Orc #BD7352 Goblin #947B73 Undead

~ Honeyvale Falls ~ won by PawelS 2011 | ~ Extremism ~ Fourth week 2012
~ Swolterwood ~ NO winner 2012 |
posted 11-28-11 08:18 AM EDT (US)     247 / 299  
Due to my more inactive role in AoWH for now, PawelS has been given complete control over substitute list in Campaign games. As he is known to get things done when they really need to get done, in his wisdom we place our trust.

And sorry Travis, I only now noticed your post when Nosferon shook things up abit. I think it's best way to set it so that Dwarves will start with unknown relations to Elves and Halflings in upcoming games, meaning you are free to choose peace, alliance or war by your own. The Campaign game war cannot be sued for peace, as Campaign game alliance can't be broken. Peace relation itself can be considered same as unknown standing, no limitations. The ones you do in the game are under total freedom of choise.

I know I have stalled the next Campaign Game wave abit, but I will launch the games after Reign of Chaos is done from my part (that's very soon). Do not be troubled, friends! I can take abit more active role in AoWH once again after yearchange, as I start my 6month exchange studies in Iceland. Arrengements for leaving Finland have consumed much of my time.

posted 11-28-11 08:31 AM EDT (US)     248 / 299  
Diplomatic Actions:
Although alone and hunted, the Dark Elves can never discrace the memory of Elven glory to turn from the fate set upon us. To deny war with Humans is to deny our own past and blood of our brothers that will eternally stain the Human hands. If the Keepers abandon their protection over murderous Humans and let justice be brought upon them by the last drop of blood, the Dark Elves will be happy to embrace both Elves and Halflings as brothers. Our war, has never been but with men. Our love, has always been with everything else.

[This message has been edited by Deroman (edited 11-28-2011 @ 08:32 AM).]

posted 01-19-12 06:44 PM EDT (US)     249 / 299  
What happened to the games? Seems it's Enginerd...

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 01-28-12 06:20 PM EDT (US)     250 / 299  
I would like to offer myself as a sub

also i would like to point out one reason why things might get slow here: this forum send no alert msg when a topic you have posted at gets answered. Is it possible to change that? Seeing signs of other people activity usually incentives people to act more too, i guess.

[This message has been edited by Monstro22 (edited 01-28-2012 @ 06:23 PM).]

posted 01-30-12 07:24 PM EDT (US)     251 / 299  
Seems I'm the one responsible for replacements now, so you're in! I sent an email to players that are before you, so they will send the turns to you.

Welcome! I hope you'll enjoy the campaign despite the fact that in Heartwood Forest and Reign of Chaos you're in losing position.

About the forum issues I can't help you, please post in the website feedback section.

@Deroman: Please edit the top posts of game threads. I'll post the current player list in the scoreboard post soon.

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 01-30-2012 @ 07:42 PM).]

posted 01-31-12 09:51 AM EDT (US)     252 / 299  
Goblins Diplomatic Action
We goblins is afraid! Too many peeple keellin' uz! We accept allience with frosting, yes. But we never ally with sun loving, good smelling, fat halflings. NO! We eat halfling!

Dark elves scary, mean peeple. We ally with them, we join cult, we keell halflings with em!

-join cult of storm
-declare war on humans
-accept alliance with frostlings IF not allied to halflings.

edit: if *I* dont ally with them, the frostlings can ally with them if they choose to.

[This message has been edited by Monstro22 (edited 01-31-2012 @ 09:53 AM).]

posted 02-01-12 03:08 AM EDT (US)     253 / 299  
Well done PawelS, this Campaign couldn't go on without your effort.

Update 1.2.2012

Final Playerlist:
Humans - Oleg123 oleg1996(at)yahoo(dot)com
Azracs - Albaron albaron(dot)aow(at)googlemail(dot)com
Lizardmen - StefanopuloZ deakstefan(at)gmail(dot)com
Frostlings - Davespice david(dot)honess(at)gmail(dot)com
Elves - PawelS pstrz(at)o2(dot)pl
Halflings - Gandalf the White gandalf_the_mapmaker(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk
Dwarves - TravisII xjecht(at)yahoo(dot)com
Highmen - Slipkyes Slipkyesbass(at)gmail(dot)com
Dark Elves - Deroman ragederoman(at)luukku(dot)com
Orcs - Nosferon rueface(at)abv(dot)bg
Goblins - MOnstro22 ivanbc22(at)gmail(dot)com
Undead - Kanibeos aow(at)own(dot)web(dot)id

Subtitute List:
Unknown250 unknown(at)unknown(dot)unknown
Enginerd mjschuck(at)fidnet(dot)com
DaemonVirus DaemonVirus(at)hotmail(dot)com
Froster branneji(at)yahoo(dot)ca
Draco francis(dot)cermak(at)dupageco(dot)org
Thorongil th0r0ngil(at)hotmail(dot)com
TuoDrable brechtneyrinck(at)telenet(dot)be
CrazySlyHawk emacfallon(at)hotmail(dot)com

Enginerd is moved in top of substitute list due inactivity.
Welcome, monstro22, the Grinder of one thousand bones !

PS. The Circles map is still waiting for launching due Kanibeos absence from AoWH.

posted 02-01-12 03:14 AM EDT (US)     254 / 299  
Diplomatic Actions:
The ancient Elves, whom they call dark, welcome Goblins among the enlightened races in Cult of Storms with great please and friendship. As Frostlings, the Goblins have shown all the virtues that Humans lack, ability to friendship, justice and understanding. By the will of Meandor I speak that whoever raises hand against our new brethren, raises hand against us. Dark Elves and Goblins are one. We aswell remind Frostlings that they may return among their true friends in Cult of Storms whenever they choose to.

Current Diplomacy:
Keepers - Elves and Halflings / protecting Humans
Hammerheart Alliance - Dwarves / war on Undead, Dark Elves, Orcs and Goblins
Cult of Storms - Dark Elves and Goblins / war on Humans / allied with Frostlings
Frostlings - Allied with Dark Elves and Goblins / war on Undead / war on Humans

I assumed that according to DaemonVirus' post, Frostlings automaticly allied with Goblins. I will edit diplomatics according to whatever Davespice might choose.

posted 02-01-12 10:58 AM EDT (US)     255 / 299  
Stefan has expressed that he will be leaving the community due to lack of time/energy. We need a sub for the Lizardmen!

posted 02-01-12 11:27 AM EDT (US)     256 / 299  
CSH perhaps... (he played as the Lizardmen before)

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 02-01-12 02:49 PM EDT (US)     257 / 299  
I wouldn't mind taking over, if that would be OK

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-01-12 11:23 PM EDT (US)     258 / 299  
All hail the return of the Lizard King!

I will have a diplomatic proposal once you are accepted (I am sure you will be).

posted 02-02-12 06:25 AM EDT (US)     259 / 299  
OK, you're in I'll contact Albaron to send the turn to you (you're only playing in After the Fall for now).

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 02-02-12 10:29 AM EDT (US)     260 / 299  
Diplomatic Action:
Dwarves hail the return of the Lizard King. With Lizardmen having the unique ability to swim, same as Dwarves having the unique ability to walk treacherous mountains, we feel akin to these people. Therefore we would extend an offer of friendship and alliance. Join Hammerheart Alliance, help rid this world of foul demons and beasts!

[This message has been edited by TravisII (edited 02-02-2012 @ 10:30 AM).]

posted 02-03-12 02:49 PM EDT (US)     261 / 299  
Welcome aboard, Monstro!
posted 02-04-12 09:35 AM EDT (US)     262 / 299  
Update 4.2.2012

Final Playerlist:
Humans - Oleg123 oleg1996(at)yahoo(dot)com
Azracs - Albaron albaron(dot)aow(at)googlemail(dot)com
Lizardmen - CrazySlyHawk emacfallon(at)hotmail(dot)com
Frostlings - Davespice david(dot)honess(at)gmail(dot)com
Elves - PawelS pstrz(at)o2(dot)pl
Halflings - Gandalf the White gandalf_the_mapmaker(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk
Dwarves - TravisII xjecht(at)yahoo(dot)com
Highmen - Slipkyes Slipkyesbass(at)gmail(dot)com
Dark Elves - Deroman ragederoman(at)luukku(dot)com
Orcs - Nosferon rueface(at)abv(dot)bg
Goblins - MOnstro22 ivanbc22(at)gmail(dot)com
Undead - Kanibeos aow(at)own(dot)web(dot)id

Subtitute List:
Unknown250 unknown(at)unknown(dot)unknown
Enginerd mjschuck(at)fidnet(dot)com
DaemonVirus DaemonVirus(at)hotmail(dot)com
Froster branneji(at)yahoo(dot)ca
Draco francis(dot)cermak(at)dupageco(dot)org
Thorongil th0r0ngil(at)hotmail(dot)com
TuoDrable brechtneyrinck(at)telenet(dot)be

Stefanopuloz removed from Campaign per request. May his road be filled with fortune.
All hail the return of the CrazySlyHawk, Drowner of Worlds !

posted 02-04-12 09:52 AM EDT (US)     263 / 299  
Diplomatic Actions:
The Elves under King Meandor foresee great ruin in seductive words of Dwarven barbarians. Lizardmen have been friends with the Cult of Storms before, and are welcome to stand as friends among us once again. The powerhungry road of Dwarf lust for destruction could only lead to diminishing of the Lizard kin... For we shall promise that those who seek to destroy us, will reap what they sow, to the very last woman and child alike of their house.

posted 02-04-12 02:27 PM EDT (US)     264 / 299  
@Deroman: Do you remember that you asked me to do things like maintaining the player and substitute list? (But if you want to do it yourself again, you're welcome )

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 02-04-12 07:35 PM EDT (US)     265 / 299  
Hey Gandalf, thank you very much
posted 02-07-12 06:58 AM EDT (US)     266 / 299  
Woops, I didn't mean to step in your toes Pawel. Of course the substitute list and system is your responsibility, as we agreed.
I mainly update the list here to keep myself on track of players. I try not to do it in the future (but I can't promise anything)... Keep up good work friend!

posted 02-07-12 02:19 PM EDT (US)     267 / 299  
I guess you posted the player list here because I neglected my duties - now I posted the list in the scoreboard post, and will update it when needed.

As for substitute list, as I posted here earlier I want to discard the current list, as it currently consists only of inactive players. I want to keep a list with active players who can jump into the campaign anytime, but sadly no one applied, so it seems the current 12 players are the only ones who are interested in the campaign at all.

If one of the players leaves the campaign, we can be in trouble, so if there is someone interested in joining the substitute list, please post here. The list will be maintained in the scoreboard post as well.

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 02-07-2012 @ 02:20 PM).]

posted 02-29-12 06:44 PM EDT (US)     268 / 299  
The Circles map will be relaunched once Reign of Chaos or Heartwood Forest is finished or getting close to be finished
HF is finished, RoC close to be finished, so I think it's time to do it

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 03-04-12 09:25 AM EDT (US)     269 / 299  
Reign of Chaos has ended. Results added to the scoreboard.

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 03-04-2012 @ 09:26 AM).]

posted 03-10-12 05:18 PM EDT (US)     270 / 299  
Oleg has resigned from the campaign (and playing AoW1 altogether), so we need to find a sub. Is anyone from Deroman's old substitute list active? No one applied for my new list, so we can be in trouble...

We need a sub for the Humans, they have a very good score from their finished games, so it's an attractive position

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 03-10-2012 @ 05:19 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » My Vision For PBEM - Original Campaign PBEM Tourney
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames