You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder
Moderated by Timelord

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.111 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder » Official Heavegames AoW:SM PBEM Free For All Tournament
Bottom
Topic Subject:Official Heavegames AoW:SM PBEM Free For All Tournament
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
hiranu
posted 03-18-04 04:47 PM EDT (US)         
Top Prize is a $30 gift certificate to Amazon.com (so you can buy Shadow Magic for a friend). Runner up prize is an email offering my condolances that you didn't win the top prize.

To play you will need Age of Wonders SM updated with the 1.3 patch, be registered on the Wizard's Ladder and be willing to play in three games simultaneously. Since they are four player games, it should average about a turn per player per day. All games will be registered on the Wizard's Ladder as FFA games. Positions on the maps will be assigned randomly, and players will be put into games so as to have the most diversity of opponents possible.

All players will play one game each of the following in the first round:

Forest of Legends (Modified to remove Anarchist and War Mage from Skulkan)
Goldrush Mountains (As is)
Pirahna Bay (Corrected to assign spheres and skills to all wizards)

These maps are all reasonable well balanced, though nothing is perfect, and everyone will be expected to make the best of the situation as they find it.

To determine who plays in the final game players will recieve credits as follows:

6 credits for each 1st place
4 credits for each 2nd place
2 credits for each 3rd place
3 credits for each other wizard eliminated (see FFA rules)
If a players is eliminated by independants, all other players still in the game get one credit.

(Yes this does mean you can gain more credits coming in second than coming in first if you are doing most of the work.)

After the first round the best 10 credit totals will play two simultaneous 5 player games to qualify for the final round. (We'll be using "Through Rage and Wisdom" and "Five Alive SM"). The credit totals will start over at zero, with 8 points for 1st, 6 points for 2nd, 4 points for 3rd, 2 points for fourth, and 3 points for each wizard eliminated.

The players with the four highest credit totals in the semi-final round will then compete in a final map, chosing which position they want in the order of their credit total. The final map will probably be "A River Ran Through It" which is amorphously balanced at best, so it pays to do well in the second round. (In the case of a tie the scores from first round will be used as the tie-breaker. Only if both groups are tied will we use a larger map.) There will be no "credits" for the final game, the last person alive will be the contest winner.

With 96% of the first round games completed the standings are as follows

42 - JWorth
39 - Evil Roc
28 - Chascal
27 - greenmonster
27 - ZombieEater
27 - Fubarno
26 - Daidalos
24 - Tibbs
23 - Minstrel
22 - Tripcrow
19 - Hiranu
16 - Tasslehoff
16 - Unapu
14 - Nerull
13 - WonderBeast
13 - Timelord
11 - Swolte
11 - Izaqyos
7 - Montys Monkey
6 - White Duke
6 - Kirk
6 - MrFrumkins
5 - Jugglervr
4 - Erupted
4 - Horza
4 - Berend
4 - BlackCat
4 - KrakaTur
4 - Alex Mars
4 - LordTheRon
2 - SteveB
2 - SgtSeeds

Anyone not listed above has zero credits

[This message has been edited by hiranu (edited 04-26-2005 @ 04:29 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Daidalos
posted 09-03-04 03:09 PM EDT (US)     76 / 111       
Finished Goldrush Mountains Tourney 2

1) Daidalos
2) Jugglervr (killed by Daidalos)
3) Tripcrow (surrendered)
4) Hiranu (killed by Tripcrow)

Log - http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=25&tn=2741&f=25,2741,0,0&st=0

A question: what happens if a player surrenders? Do all of the other players get one credit like if he would have been killed by independants? In this game, Tripcrow surrendered, because eventually, he would have been killed either by me or by Jugglervr.

hiranu
posted 09-06-04 08:39 AM EDT (US)     77 / 111       
When a player surrenders or is defeated by independants then their kill bonus is distributed to the players remaining in the game at that time, with the game winner recieing the better portion if it cannot be devided evenly. In this case Daidalos gets 2 credits, and Jugglervr gets one for Tripcrow's surrender.

Standings and Wizard Ladder have been updated.

tripcrow
posted 09-15-04 12:49 PM EDT (US)     78 / 111       
I didn't surrender. I was unintentionally, on my part, killed by a surprisingly strong group of independents that appeared after I razed a town rather than let another player take it and use it against the new substitute player. Without a tower for my wiz to go to, all the Indies had to do was kill just him. My intent was to raze all I could and then head straight south with my meger remaining army to attack the new player with all, instead of just sitting in a tower and waiting to die. That way the new player would eventually get the points for killing me instead of the older player who instead of continuing to play the game as a free for all, had joined in on a 2 on 1 against me right after I had eliminated you.

I should have received 3 points for a kill and 2 points for finishing 3rd. No?

hiranu
posted 09-17-04 12:51 PM EDT (US)     79 / 111       
That's why we treat defeated by independants as the same as surrendering, because there is no way to tell the difference between them externally. And in fact you were credited with 5 points total, including 3 for the kill and 2 for position. Currently that puts you in the top 10, though there are a lot of games left to go.
RogerRabid
(id: Roger the Rampant)
posted 09-18-04 08:42 PM EDT (US)     80 / 111       
I'm guessing that this tournament is closed?

(and btw it's independents, not independants. You can have a dependant, but not an independant)

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
Timelord
HG Cherub
posted 09-19-04 02:44 PM EDT (US)     81 / 111       
Of course not.
Not even the first round is over!!!
RogerRabid
posted 09-19-04 04:32 PM EDT (US)     82 / 111       
Count me in then, please

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
Timelord
HG Cherub
posted 09-19-04 08:53 PM EDT (US)     83 / 111       
I would say you were some months too late.

What do you say to a WL game with me?.
and I will make sure I am grammatically and spelling-wise correct in my turn posts

RogerRabid
posted 09-20-04 07:41 AM EDT (US)     84 / 111       
Sure - just remember I'm a WL virgin, though

JWorth
Pharaolympics 2000 Competitor
posted 09-28-04 11:31 PM EDT (US)     85 / 111       
Finished Stone and Sea 1

1) JWorth
2) Tibbs (surrendered)
3) Unnapu (killed by Tibbs)
4) Alex Mars (killed by JWorth)

http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=25,2765,30,60

Tibbs
posted 09-29-04 06:11 PM EDT (US)     86 / 111       
So far a clean sweep by both Evil Roc and JWorth. Impressive.

I guess it is no surprise that they so far up in the WL.

Congrats.

They call me MISTER Tibbs!

Sidney Poitier (In the Heat of the Night)1970

hiranu
posted 10-01-04 02:12 PM EDT (US)     87 / 111       
Roger - I'm sorry, it is way too late at this point to add people in. You may get to substitute for absent players though.

All entries above have been processed into the wizards ladder, and the credits have been added to the tournament standings.

Unnapu
posted 10-07-04 09:03 PM EDT (US)     88 / 111       

Quoted from Hiranu:

After the first round the best 10 credit totals will play two simultaneous 5 player games to qualify for the final round.

I am in the eleventh position and about to finish my last game (GRM), how many games are still running?

It seems that I have a chance !

Fubarno
posted 10-10-04 02:02 PM EDT (US)     89 / 111       
I am in two active games.
The Stone and Sea map is down to myself and Kraka Tur and has moved along briskly to turn 50.
The Goldrush Mountains map is still ongoing. I recieved a turn a few days back but it has been a slow mover. I think we're around turn 20.

[This message has been edited by Fubarno (edited 10-10-2004 @ 02:03 PM).]

nerull
posted 10-15-04 04:28 PM EDT (US)     90 / 111       
Finished Goldrush Mountains Tourney 7
1) Nerull
2) Unnapu (Surrendered)
3) Swolte (Lost to nerull)
4) White Duke (Lost to Unnapu)
hiranu
posted 10-24-04 08:10 PM EDT (US)     91 / 111       
Points in wizard ladder and credits for tournament have been updated.

At this point we have 10 games left outstanding out of 24. So its still up in the air. (Ok, EvilRoc and Jworth are definately in, but that's not surprising.)

hiranu
posted 10-27-04 03:11 PM EDT (US)     92 / 111       
Goldrush Mountain Game 5 has gotten stuck with a password locked turn. Everyone still in the game agreed Greenmonster was going to win. So for game credits Greenmonster gets 6 for first place, plus 6 for the two kills, meaning he gets another 12 points. Those have been added to the current standings.

[This message has been edited by hiranu (edited 10-27-2004 @ 04:37 PM).]

Fubarno
posted 11-06-04 12:38 PM EDT (US)     93 / 111       
Stone and Sea Tourney 5 (izaqyos-Thundarr-KrakaTur-Fubarno) is completed.

1st Fubarno as frostlings
2nd KrakaTur as tigrans (surrendered to Fubarno)
3rd izaqyos as humans (defeated by Fubarno)
4th Thundarr/Jugglevr as tigrans (defeated by Fubarno)

Wonder Beast
posted 11-07-04 12:39 PM EDT (US)     94 / 111       
Stone and Sea Tourney 6 (BlackCat-Wonderbeast-tripcrow-Timelord) is completed

1st Wonder Beast (Draconians) *cheers*
2nd tripcrow (Tigrans)
3rd Timelord (Frostlings) - defeated by Tripcrow
4th BlackCat (Humans) - defeated by Tripcrow

ZombieEater
posted 11-07-04 09:39 PM EDT (US)     95 / 111       
Stone and Sea game #4 is complete.

1) ZombieEater
2) Mr Frumpkins (killed by ZombieEater)
3) Llacheu, subbed by SgtSeeds (killed by ZombieEater)
4) Casta, subbed by Nerull (killed by ZombieEater)

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
hiranu
posted 11-30-04 03:00 PM EDT (US)     96 / 111       
Tournament standings and the wizard ladder have been updated to include recent results.
Daidalos
posted 12-04-04 07:06 PM EDT (US)     97 / 111       
Finished Forest of Legends Tourney 3

1) Daidalos
2) Alex Mars (killed by Daidalos)
3) Montys Monkey (killed by Daidalos)
4) SgtSeeds (killed by Daidalos)

http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=25&tn=2726&st=recent&f=25,0,0,60

ZombieEater
posted 12-07-04 04:06 PM EDT (US)     98 / 111       
Goldrush Mountain Tourney #6 finished

1) ZombieEater (Amom)
2) WonderBeast (Ofir) (surrendered)
3) LordTheRon (Setau) (killed by ZE)
4) Berend (Seti) (killed by ZE)

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
greenmonster
posted 12-07-04 05:21 PM EDT (US)     99 / 111       
you like that map, ZE, dont you?!

OFFICIAL PASSWORD KEEPER - email me! aowsm.pass@gmail.com

GMMod for AoW2
'a River Ran Through It' aow2 map 'the Charm'(SM edition)
ZombieEater
posted 12-07-04 07:58 PM EDT (US)     100 / 111       
Yea, I'm doing better than average on this map. See, no reason to feel bad about losing on this one, so you can stop beating up on me now in our other games .

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames