-game Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic with patch 1.3
-unofficial Patch 1.4
-and MP Evolution (any version)
- our changes to resources are very impactful, and exclude any possibility to work with existing maps - for now there's only one map that works with our modification - made by us from scratch and especially for our mod - it's not the final version, but it's fully playable
- utter lack of documentation - this is my (Jaszmiej's) fault, I think the game is more important than the documentation
- unit descriptions are only a list of abilities they get on medals
- hero descriptions are empty - we focused on making heroes playable, good-looking, and having appropriate abilities... we had no time to write descriptions
- some units (especially non-racial ones) lack movement sounds etc.
- there can be some animation errors (like a shift during attack), we fixed some of them lately, where we noticed them during testing
- new or altered races, like Amazons, Mutants, and infernal Demons
- new or altered units
- more logical approach to the system of stats and abilities, e.g. "Block" is now "Dodge"
- new division of spells into schools of magic (Holy, Death, Illusion, Elementalism, Protection and Nature)
- new wizard skill system
- every hero has its own, unique animation, matching the portrait
- new unit movement system
example: division into 3 types of water: swallow, normal and deep - most swimming units can't access deep water, and most ships can't sail on swallow water
- every race has its own set of map structures with appropriate sets of default defenders (the current version of defender sets is not final)
- for potential mapmakers: modified set of map objects (90% of them have distinct versions on all terrains except beach and dirt, so if you change the terrain below them, you'll get a nice surprise)
- and more...
the map (version: 0.6.7.000) in 1:2 scale, downloadable for those interested:
Special thanks to:
― Robert James Waller, The Bridges of Madison County
[This message has been edited by Jaszmiej (edited 01-03-2013 @ 00:49 AM).]