posted 05-29-11 00:10 AM
67 / 952
I have no idea how feasible any of this would be, but you said we could ask for the priorly impossible, so...
1. An easy way for modders to create custom movement abilities--variants on sailing/swimming. So I could make mountain-dwelling giants with religious taboos against leaving the mountains, or drill-tanks that can only maneuver underground, or a giant serpent that lives in the border or a ship that sails the Shadow Void. Awesome stuff like that.
2. A way to move large areas of terrain in the editor. Say I make an island, then realize I put my island in the wrong place. But I just spent three hours getting the island just right, and I don't want to start over. Could there be a way to copy-paste it? Add it as an item on the palette? Select the whole thing and click-and-drag it? Anything? That'd be *incredible*.
3. Custom tactical combat maps. I especially want a way to do shipboard combat--it feels silly having the ship act as a unit in the fight, and the only way for the crew to affect the battle is for them to be capable of water travel on their own, which makes boats kind of obsolete. Also, a fix to the bug on the tactical combat map that makes water passable to non-water-capable units in fights on bridges would be very nice. But other custom TC maps would be sweet as well, especially if it could be opened up to modding. You could do map-specific maps--say have a magic vault with walls, or a haunted crypt with a death-type Enchanted Walls effect, or have tactical combat in an underground labyrinth actually happen in a section of labyrinth.
4. Fixed Transportation ability for heroes. For a map I never actually finished designing, I wanted to make a haunted ship as a hero, but putting transportation on heroes doesn't work properly.
5. User-modifiable building properties--so for example, the ability for a modder to set up a watchtower with True Seeing or a node that also grants a gold income. (I think you might already be able to do something like that, but damned if I know how.)
posted 05-30-11 09:20 AM
73 / 952
hey hellbrick. I was just wondering, since this patch has its own executables, does that mean it's possible to use it with other mods? For example, could we play brace new world 3.2 resources with this patch? the reason i'm asking is because I love the artwork on some of the changes in BNW but your patch makes the game so much more balanced.
posted 05-30-11 09:10 PM
75 / 952
Last time I tried a hero with the Transportation ability, it just didn't do anything. The rest of the party didn't get carried. It had transport VII, so I don't know if the decrease in maximum stack size still applies, and I didn't try adding a regular transport unit to the stack, so I don't know if that applies, but I do know that none of the benefits of transport worked.
Also, one thing I forgot to mention: A lot of maps feature miscellaneous items that list an attribute bonus among their properties (e.g., Resistance +2), and as far as I can tell, that does nothing for an item in the backpack, similar to how you don't get the bonus for a sword that's not equipped. Could the way the game reads items be changed so that attribute bonuses on miscellaneous items are applied?
posted 06-01-11 05:22 AM
80 / 952
Norton is automatically deleting this file for me, saying it's a threat, based on their WS.Reputation thing (first time it's popped up for me, wasn't sure what it was). Safe to ignore?
Also, how does this actually work? Do I select it like a mod from the AOW: Setup, or does it create a copy of the game elsewhere and leave my original installation untouched?
What is it 'based' on; patch 1.3, or upatch 1.4, or does it not contain changes/additions from these at all?
Looking forward to see this completed.
posted 06-01-11 06:52 AM
82 / 952
Anyway, the easiest way is to copy the target mod resource folder to %aowdir%\MP Evolution folder and then fix whatever needs to be fixed with MPE editor.
Thanks for that tip!
posted 06-01-11 09:39 AM
84 / 952
5.Itīs possible that in a group, can not be 2 times the same creature? I want can be 3 archers in the same group, but not 3 captains. I was triying with transport ability.....
6.Itīs posible morph a creature to a hero?
7.I read that itīs nice to reset xp to 0 when morph, I think so, but, what happens with a creature as a vampire that morphs into a bat and again into a vampire?
8.Itņs possible to see steppe in random maps?
9.Iīts posible to add in the editor more special animation fields?
10.I think that fire spread and frost blowing are too similar to breaths... itīs posible limit, as pawels editor suggest limit frost blowing to 3 times per day? Then 2 unused abilities to mod..
11.Same with Throw spear, fire crosbow and shot jabelin.... I think that using only one of these with diferent levels itīs posible to cover all needs... for example... a cosbow is fire crosbow level 1; to throw spear, fire crosbow level 3 but 1 shoot per day....
12.Itīs posible to create a breath of web? I would like to create a great spider that breaths a web.
13.In my mod, I want to change the Devour ability to Drain Soul and the Spawn larva to create a new ability that spawns another creature, (an undead) but, the creature generated with this ability is placed in 355, and itīs garrison unit of the shadow demons.... Itīs posible change the target creature of the spawn larva (and the same for dragon grouth, etc)? or itīs possible to change the default garrisons creatures of a race?
Excuse my english and....