Hi Stranger, a couple of comments:
1) I still think the skill system in the beta sucks. Not as bad as it did earlier, but bad enough.
2) In your wisdom, or lack thereof, you have made an item that gives +10 resistance, martyr and willpower. Now I wasn't sure if that item put on a hero would mean the hero was automatically martyred in a battle, but I put it on and read the description, which indicated the hero would now be able to cast martyr. So, I put it on a hero without casting points. Nevertheless, this hero died promptly in the first battle she was in, without being wounded.
So, the item might be useful if you could take it on DURING a battle (as in aow1), but that isn't possible in aow:sm. So the only effect is that the hero wearing it dies in the first battle. Is this intended, or just another blunder? The item disappeared with the hero after she died, by the way.
3) I'd appreciate if items you have to kill units for are /useful/, i.e. please don't make any more items of this sort, or items with abilities like "cursed, -2 res, blinded" which are then put into structures by the RMG; you can't see what items are in a structure before you've conquered the guards.
4) I didn't realize the effect of goblin level 0 units before (no upkeep), but with that change, I can live with the warg riders lacking taunt etc., and the cheap units fit the goblin theme perfectly.
5) There are a lot of other things about the new beta that I do like, but that just makes it more frustrating with things like the skill system or useless - or senseless items :/
6) The Halfling Garden Cart...I remember complaining about this a year or more ago - maybe two years...but: It says in the description that is has path of life...which is hasn't...maybe that description could be changed? I know it was supposed to have it...but it never did....so maybe it shouldn't say so
"It is better to discuss a subject without deciding on it, than to decide on a subject without discussing it" - Herbert Spencer.
[This message has been edited by Gandalf_DK (edited 10-14-2007 @ 06:59 PM).]