You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion & Suggestions
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Seasonal Compliments: WINTER!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-19-05 06:44 PM EDT (US)   
Hello all,

It's that time of the year that we can show that appreciation! I am sure we are all proud to have some members in our 'Age of Wonders' community (AoW1 and AoW2/sm). People that have inspired you, or that you are curious about to read an interview with.

WINTER COMPLIMENTS!!

Keep in mind that this is in no way a competition. You, the member, can nominate (compliment) persons in this thread and we, the staff, will decide who we select for an interview! So, all deserve the compliment, but one gets an offer for an interview. There is a small change of 'rules' that staff members won't be nominated for the interview! They have been rewarded enough with their nice colour!

This interview will (hopefully) be informative and gets placed on this site, like here

These compliments can refer to the persons active in the autumn period specifically, but may also refer to whoever came up in your mind in this season now. The range of skills to compliment on may be diverse. You may compliment as many people you like for as many things you like. Please state why you give the compliment (just don't embarrass the person too much). For example, Blackrose for his LotR-project, SmurfHero for his AoW1 programming work, or King David for his wonderful logs.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 03-19-05 08:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 41  
I'd like to nominate 3;

1 - PawelS - for all he has done to help modders

2 - King david - for the great maps, turn logs, and amazing amount of restarts as of late!

3 - Zombie Eater - IMO, one of the strongest voices of reason in the community mod thread, as well as a fantastic and trustworthy PBEMer.

*EDIT*

I'd also like ot nominate myself for being the first person to nominate someone else this time!

OFFICIAL PASSWORD KEEPER - email me! aowsm.pass@gmail.com

GMMod for AoW2
'a River Ran Through It' aow2 map 'the Charm'(SM edition)

[This message has been edited by greenmonster (edited 03-19-2005 @ 08:20 PM).]

posted 03-19-05 08:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 41  
My compliments go to:

1. Hatifnat: for finding out how to add a 16th race to the game and making a mod with it, and for the idea of an unofficial patch, which he started a thread about.

2. Greenmonster: for the idea of a Map Converter.

PS Don't nominate me unless you'd like to read a boring interview about programming and the like

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 03-19-2005 @ 08:39 PM).]

posted 03-20-05 04:00 AM EDT (US)     3 / 41  
1. PawelS - his recoloring program is great and he have transformed units from Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + add-ons, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + add-ons and Planescape Torment into ILB units.

2. Dwiggs for his great mod

3. Dhuval - Transformed units from Warlords Battlecry

[This message has been edited by Tearion (edited 03-21-2005 @ 03:05 AM).]

posted 03-20-05 06:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 41  
My nomination goes to Dwiggs for his outstanding mod.
posted 03-20-05 01:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 41  
My nominations would be -

Dwiggs - for the amazing mod he has created. I do not think any other mod has achieved the popularity it has, so much so, it has spawned "mods" on top of it. For his patience and innovation in introducing a totally new way the game can be played...

PawelS - for the programs he has created for the modding community. Recoloring, map transforms, making mods compatible with existing resources, colored spell icons, etc. Brilliant work!

posted 03-20-05 01:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 41  
PawelS - For all his work in the community, assistance and support.

Magog - For the 100units mod. To collect the colored units of several people and color all Hero classes.

posted 03-20-05 06:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 41  
Evil Roc for his great work on the random maps. Besides that he's ranked number 1 in the PBEM ladder, so bring on the tips!

Greenmonster. Great player, who makes great maps too.

King David. Also for his great maps with the best humour.

posted 03-20-05 09:53 PM EDT (US)     8 / 41  
(1) Climber - For making the best MOD (IMHO)
(2) Evil Roc - For being on top of all important game details and being such a strong and good player. He shares tips and he knows even if he shares, he can still win.
(3) Pawel - For being essential for all MOD makers. Without him, most MODs would only be half as good. And for being humble, although he is so important for this game (as we can see above).

[This message has been edited by Cherusker (edited 03-20-2005 @ 09:56 PM).]

posted 03-20-05 10:27 PM EDT (US)     9 / 41  
My nominations would be:

PawelS - for all programs he has created

EvilRoc - for great tweaked random maps

Swimming out with the open sea... Like the great wild herring...
posted 03-21-05 01:39 AM EDT (US)     10 / 41  
I nominate:

-Black Hound, for his thoroughly thought world of Therin

-Galahad_2nd, for actually making Tolkien maps with the Arda Mod I was nominated for last fall

-Elurin, one of the best role-players in the Hall of Wonders

-Heir to Beleriand, Heir to the Silmaril, Chosen of Illuvatar-

GM of the Glory of the Past Middle Earth Roleplay Thread

Creator of the New Keepers Campaign
posted 03-21-05 01:48 AM EDT (US)     11 / 41  
PawelS - he made a great program this winter! Conversion program is the EVENT of this winter. No doubt it is the most outstanding event. Such things doesn't happen often and this program made almost a revolutionary opportunity to play AoW1 maps once again with AoW:SM.

I vote for PawelS.

posted 03-21-05 10:32 AM EDT (US)     12 / 41  
PawelS - whenever I tune into the mod forum he seems to have released another little tool for the community, and I'd like to hear more about how he figures out all the internal AoW stuff so fast.

It seems he's either a Triumph insider or he's cracked their firewall!

swolte - for getting the 1.4 patch/mod thingie kicked off, organized, under control and everything!

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
posted 03-21-05 12:06 PM EDT (US)     13 / 41  
I'm sure we all would like to nominate Swolte, but "There is a small change of 'rules' that staff members won't be nominated for the interview".

To eliminate possible gossip I state that I'm not associated with Triumph and I'm not a hacker

posted 03-21-05 12:54 PM EDT (US)     14 / 41  

Quote:

To eliminate possible gossip I state that I'm not associated with Triumph and I'm not a hacker

Crap, there goes my first 2 interesting questions for his interview!
(..if he becomes the chosen one)

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 03-22-05 08:14 AM EDT (US)     15 / 41  
I nominate all the folks I nominated last time for the same reasons, unless, of course, they have kicked my @$$ in a pbem recently

Aside from that, I forgot to mention PawelS last time despite the fact that he has put in just as much time to making usefull tools, ilbs, etc, as many mapmakers put into making maps. I know he doesn't really want to be in the running for the interview, but since this is a "compliments" thread, I think he deserves to at least be singled out for some long-due thank yous.

EDIT:

Thinking in terms of an interview and along with the folks I mentioned last time, I also think that Evil Roc would be a great candidate. He's been one of the pillars of the pbem community and forum in general, and his new self-assigned position of "random map regenerator" is a great contribution to the community.

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:

Version 1.4 - Race To Death: Rise Of Evil
Version 1.3 (also playable in 1.4) - Race to Death S&M - Walker's Crusade ====== This Land Is My Land ====== War In The Valley

Proud member of the Upatch Team

[This message has been edited by King David (edited 03-22-2005 @ 08:20 AM).]

posted 03-29-05 11:26 AM EDT (US)     16 / 41  
There are so many people i would like to nominate.... but his time it's all up to TIMELORD. (He had the right kind of info i needed to save my map project)

posted 03-29-05 07:22 PM EDT (US)     17 / 41  
I will close the nomination thread the upcoming weeked, so if you want to voice your opinion and interest, be fast!

posted 03-30-05 01:49 AM EDT (US)     18 / 41  
Dwiggs

Tom Bombadil

"And even in a mythical Age there must be some enigmas, as there always are. Tom Bombadil is one (intentionally)."
The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, No 144, dated 1954

posted 03-30-05 02:28 AM EDT (US)     19 / 41  
PawelS, the mod making communities' outstanding contributer.

or

Dwiggs, for making the best mod

BJ

[This message has been edited by The_Stranger (edited 03-30-2005 @ 02:29 AM).]

posted 03-30-05 06:39 AM EDT (US)     20 / 41  
As my first nominee, I'd like to propose Stranger. While suffering from his psychosis, causing all those neologisms and severe grandiosity he still managed to create one mighty fine twist on Dwiggs' his mod And also for his patience, kindness and humor during many games which really boosted the fun I've had.

Second, I would like to nominate dwiggs, for creating this superb mod out of nothing. For me gameplay goes before graphics and I really think he made an entire different game out of it. Too bad he hasn't shown too much activity this winter..

posted 03-30-05 05:49 PM EDT (US)     21 / 41  
(quietly slips Joepo the 100 Euros they agreed on
posted 04-04-05 10:52 AM EDT (US)     22 / 41  
Ok, I now close the nominations!!
Everything new posted below (or above) this post, after now, will NOT count anymore!

And the WInter 2005 compliments go to...
*drums*

PawelS - For all he has done to help modders. His recoloring program is great and he have transformed units from Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + add-ons, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + add-ons and Planescape Torment into ILB units. For the programs he has created for the modding community. Recoloring, map transforms, making mods compatible with existing resources, colored spell icons, etc. Brilliant work! For all his work in the community, assistance and support. For being essential for all MOD makers. Without him, most MODs would only be half as good. And for being humble, although he is so important for this game (as we can see above). For all programs he has created. He made a great program this winter! Conversion program is the EVENT of this winter. No doubt it is the most outstanding event. Such things doesn't happen often and this program made almost a revolutionary opportunity to play AoW1 maps once again with AoW:SM. Whenever I tune into the mod forum he seems to have released another little tool for the community, and I'd like to hear more about how he figures out all the internal AoW stuff so fast.
It seems he's either a Triumph insider or he's cracked their firewall! The mod making communities' outstanding contributer.

King david - For the great maps, turn logs, and amazing amount of restarts as of late! Also for his great maps with the best humour.

Zombie Eater - One of the strongest voices of reason in the community mod thread, as well as a fantastic and trustworthy PBEMer.

Hatifnat - For finding out how to add a 16th race to the game and making a mod with it, and for the idea of an unofficial patch, which he started a thread about.

Greenmonster - For the idea of a Map Converter. Great player, who makes great maps too.

Dwiggs - for his great mod. For his outstanding mod. For the amazing mod he has created. I do not think any other mod has achieved the popularity it has, so much so, it has spawned "mods" on top of it. For his patience and innovation in introducing a totally new way the game can be played... for making the best mod. For creating this superb mod out of nothing. For me gameplay goes before graphics and I really think he made an entire different game out of it. Too bad he hasn't shown too much activity this winter..

Dhuval - Transformed units from Warlords Battlecry

Magog - For the 100units mod. To collect the colored units of several people and color all Hero classes.

Evil Roc - for his great work on the random maps. Besides that he's ranked number 1 in the PBEM ladder, so bring on the tips!
Greenmonster. For being on top of all important game details and being such a strong and good player. He shares tips and he knows even if he shares, he can still win. For great tweaked random maps.

Climber - For making the best MOD (IMHO)

Black Hound - for his thoroughly thought world of Therin

Galahad_2nd - for actually making Tolkien maps with the Arda Mod I was nominated for last fall

Elurin - one of the best role-players in the Hall of Wonders

Timelord - he had the right kind of info i needed to save my map project.

Stranger - While suffering from his psychosis, causing all those neologisms and severe grandiosity he still managed to create one mighty fine twist on Dwiggs' his mod And also for his patience, kindness and humor during many games which really boosted the fun I've had.

Thanks to those for being such an inspiration and source of interest to us and this game! Keep up the good work!!

(will make a newspost when staff has picked one for the interview as well, later)

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 04-04-2005 @ 10:52 AM).]

posted 04-21-05 04:11 PM EDT (US)     23 / 41  
When is the interview coming?
posted 04-21-05 07:06 PM EDT (US)     24 / 41  
It's just done!
Will be up this weekend with a main post!

posted 04-21-05 08:26 PM EDT (US)     25 / 41  
*Looks forward to it*
posted 04-22-05 10:16 AM EDT (US)     26 / 41  
GREAT!! I am looking forward to read it. This is a very interesting idea. Great job.
posted 04-24-05 10:46 PM EDT (US)     27 / 41  
Been busy on weekend, make that before next wednesday...

posted 04-25-05 09:29 PM EDT (US)     28 / 41  
The interview is up! PawelS was picked by the staff for an interview!

Enjoy the read!

posted 04-26-05 11:41 AM EDT (US)     29 / 41  
Congrats Pawels!
Triumph is looking Looking forward to "1.4"!
posted 04-26-05 11:56 AM EDT (US)     30 / 41  
Congratulations Pawel. The whole community benefits from your work. The interview with you was very interesting and not boring as you predicted it by yourself. Thanks.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » General Discussion & Suggestions » Seasonal Compliments: WINTER!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames