You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tower of Evermore - A Clan Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Grand public BTOOIC opening/recruitment!!!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 38  Next Page »
posted 04-07-02 08:19 AM EDT (US)   
For music click this site while enjoying our party!!! (make site small and click at party if doesn't work)

****WELCOME TO THE GRAND BTOOIC OPENING CEREMONY!!!!!***

: "HellooOOO everybody! WE welcome all of you on this very special occasion!! And now for the moment we've all been waiting for... I am proud to declare
BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option In Cities) officially opened!

*CHEERS!!**CHEERS!!**CHEERS!!*

We have 68 fierce and proud official members now:
*Swolte the first Mapmaking_award Peace_award
*Iznoghoud the grand vizier honoured*
*Bilbo with the funny name
*Rorschach the mole
*Devon the almighty, invincible, beautifull, great, genial...etc (Ah.. well. Read his profile and stories!)
*Andalakus the sixth one! honoured*
*Mister Pickles of Dill honoured*
*Polaris the mighty X teleporter razer
*The Black Knight
*Falagar the the high-elven lord honoured*
*Photios the roman
*Parrotfish the searching one
*ElvenDefender of the High Elves
*Kysss the Hungarian programmer
*Black_Raven the tall red(!) clothed one
*Undine the Mega man
*Leonidas the Lord of the Rings
*Jader the super soldier
*KeeblerElf the cookie eating one
*Tekk Zero the AOW Freedom Fighter honoured*
*Sir Crashalot the Hardline Extremist Sustenance_award
*Psykitty the Yttikysp honoured*
*Waterfly the famous honoured*
*Saber Cherry the Atashi wa kawaii da yo
*Sir HankOSU
*Skylancer64
*Lord Shadow lord of the Shadows
*Alex Mars with the cool website!!
*Satrhan the 29th
*LordDragatus the one that killed the cow!!!!

*Batvanio the first ATCD (After The Cow's Death)
*ffbj the the valiant mapmaking attorney
*GoldDragon the shiny one
*Mr_Comp01001 the digital one
*FairyDragon the very shapely female knight
*Kangaxx the jolly Lich
*Janos Oudrin of Nosgoth
*cloudstrife726 the Marching one Poetry_award
*Eothain, Lord of Rohan!
*Toraz the one that found a home
*Xeno the halfling leadeater
*Willow House the meditating wonderer
*Karmic the Elven Druid Mapmaking_award
*Zargen rathblade the doughnuteer
*Iluvatar the ruler of Middle Earth
*Pok the cheesy one
*MayorMcCheese the McDonalds character with hamburger on head
*Troy Locker the highly recommended one
*The suicidal Angel
*Tarallo the italian link
*Demon Knight
*The Drunk Knight Movie_award(3)
*D3_kamikaze
*Stasius the silent
*Castanied with the a
*Arelix the *cough* nonviolent
*Octovius the coffeemaker
*Manuk, the man that never laughs
*Clementus, the white knight
*WitchKing, the lord of the wraiths
*OnepoorHalfling the poor halfling
*Lord of the FuSion
*NorthernPlato, the philosophical coffee drinker
*Radd, the programmer from the stars!
*Dafyth, he who never surrenders..
*Uruloki of the dragon
*Andro, the english donutteer
*Hiranu the humble
*Squeekydragon, the dragon that shall never squeek

This is the current size of our mighty fearless army:

(Cow as symbol of our fears that have been reached and defeated, the cow is cut into pieces until nothing remains...or is there? Swolte the first IS taking some odd ring-shaped white_black-dotted thing in his pocket...)

Please stay and enlist here for free! In a moment we will have karaoke acts and much more!!"

ps: do keep the noise down for neighbouring threads.

(pssssst...There will be coffee and doughnuts in the members only secret unsuspecting meeting place in the Boring Old Windmill that will be next door)

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 07-23-2005 @ 10:33 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-19-02 10:04 AM EDT (US)     571 / 1132  
Well, I did some digging and got some things on paper. Unfortunately the editor has this 'pulling-attention' effect that is hard to resist. Especially when one is boiling with map-ideas.
But I can post some drafts. Oh..wait. I ain't touching that FTP-program since 'the litle accident' until Iz iz back.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 07-26-02 11:03 AM EDT (US)     572 / 1132  
'He's coming home, he's coming,
Falagar's coming home!'

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 07-27-02 03:06 PM EDT (US)     573 / 1132  
Me is wants'ing to join.

And I begged, 'Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?'
And the angel said unto me, 'These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!'
posted 07-28-02 05:40 AM EDT (US)     574 / 1132  
*Swolte takes doughnut*

"By the power invested in me as First, I know *whack* thee, Xeno, a BTOOIC member"

*whack*

"Protect the creative, rid the universe from buildable teleporters and eat doughnuts!"

Welcome!

Do go here!!

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 07-28-02 05:47 AM EDT (US)     575 / 1132  
I will put you on the list later. Somehow I can't seem to update the main post (takes ages and error messages)

posted 07-28-02 03:06 PM EDT (US)     576 / 1132  
Greetings!
Personaly, I dispise teleporters in strategy games, I raze them whenever I can. I think that they ruin the planing elements of said games so, as you can imagine, I'm all for BTOOIC, that is to say Build Teleporters Off Option in Cities. But why did you have to go and kill the cow? Huh? Why not some vicious zombie or demon, but not a cow. =(

[This message has been edited by Willow House (edited 07-28-2002 @ 03:08 PM).]

posted 07-28-02 03:22 PM EDT (US)     577 / 1132  
Quote:
But why did you have to go and kill the cow?

Swolte said the cow was evil. If Swolte says cow is evil, then cow is evil. Evil cow must die. That's where I came in (actally anybody could could have done it, it only required joining at the right moment).

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.
posted 07-28-02 04:52 PM EDT (US)     578 / 1132  
Oooooooo...
Don't be so modest LordDragatus! It was destiny, written in the stars. You were born to kill the c.

Learn more on BTOOIC, Willow House, by reading this entire thread!!

*whack*

Welcome, and do visit our website, I'll add you soon to the list!
(Wow, two new members in one day!)

posted 07-28-02 08:17 PM EDT (US)     579 / 1132  
Welcome!
And don't forget to visit our website!
(link here)

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?

[This message has been edited by Falagar (edited 07-28-2002 @ 08:18 PM).]

posted 07-29-02 04:19 AM EDT (US)     580 / 1132  
Quote:
Don't be so modest LordDragatus! It was destiny, written in the stars. You were born to kill the c.

If you say so, who am I to oppose? Yeah, you're proboably right. My sign is scorpio and my ruling planet is Pluto. It gives me strength and power, but it can also make me cruel.

p.s.: I nearly forgot to welcome our new members. Welcome!

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.

[This message has been edited by LordDragatus (edited 07-29-2002 @ 04:20 AM).]

posted 07-29-02 04:36 AM EDT (US)     581 / 1132  
Your link btought me to http://here /

And I begged, 'Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?'
And the angel said unto me, 'These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!'
posted 07-29-02 04:41 AM EDT (US)     582 / 1132  
This valiant soldier wishes to join your ranks

posted 07-29-02 07:34 AM EDT (US)     583 / 1132  
*runs around, screaming like a madman*
Swolte! Swolte! Can't take it!!! AAAAHHHHHHHRRRGGGGG
*faints*

*Wakes up*
Well, eh...Hey Karmic!
Welcome! Make yourself at home, I'm going to get Swolte...

posted 07-29-02 09:25 AM EDT (US)     584 / 1132  
Welcome karmic! If you register at the forums on our clan site, http://www.btooic.ontheweb.com, I'll put you on the active member list. The member list here will have to be updated by Swolte though...

Xeno: Did you have problems registering at our forum? In any case, I've validated your account, so you can start posting now.

This validating thing seems to be a lot of trouble to many people, maybe I should disable it...

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)
Admin of the BTOOIC site and forum.

[This message has been edited by Iznoghoud (edited 07-29-2002 @ 09:32 AM).]

posted 07-29-02 09:45 AM EDT (US)     585 / 1132  
Thanks... Didn't get any e-mail to confirm (or something) the account
posted 07-29-02 10:07 AM EDT (US)     586 / 1132  
*Looks at Falagar*

Hmmmm.. odd behaviour, must be the new member-rain combined with the heat..

Anyway,

Welcome Karmic! I proudly *whack* thee a BTOOIC member.

*Whack*

Tataaa!!

posted 07-29-02 10:31 AM EDT (US)     587 / 1132  
I've disabled the troublesome validating procedure. From now on, after registering, you can start posting immediately.

[This message has been edited by Iznoghoud (edited 07-29-2002 @ 10:33 AM).]

posted 07-29-02 11:43 AM EDT (US)     588 / 1132  
Welcome to all you new members! Good to see some new faces around

Swolte? Remember that I lost my account some time ago, then got it back? Would it be to much to ask for you to update the memberlist? So that ElvenDefender would become a member again, and not his (not evil ) twin, Galmiregon?

-Everything is expendable when it comes to survival and victory-
Lord Galmírëgon of the High Elves, self-dedicated-wannabe-defender of everything he likes, including (but not limited to) the BTOOIC and also 13th warrior/member of the same BTOOIC
posted 07-29-02 02:21 PM EDT (US)     589 / 1132  
thx swolte
btw i didn't get any confirm by e-mail either
should i be worried?

sorry, just noticed Iznoghoud's post

[This message has been edited by karmic (edited 07-29-2002 @ 02:37 PM).]

posted 07-29-02 08:39 PM EDT (US)     590 / 1132  
new members. new shiny members. full of life. full of joy. life and joy. happy fun. meet the dark? impenetrable dark. innocence lost. old pale.

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon
posted 07-30-02 00:02 AM EDT (US)     591 / 1132  
I was wondering how you guys alter the colors of your signatures and create links without html. I am well versed in basic html code, but I know next to nothing about BB code. Where could I go to learn it? Thanks! *cheers for his fellow BTOOIC members*
posted 07-30-02 01:00 AM EDT (US)     592 / 1132  
Here.

Also, in your profile, you can enable a BBcode taskbar. That's what I use.

posted 07-30-02 04:35 AM EDT (US)     593 / 1132  
But that taskbar works on IE only. Shame on Netscape and all those other browsers.

It's probably not even their fault, Microsoft will of course have some copyright so other browsers are legally not allowed to understand the BBcode bar...

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)
posted 07-31-02 07:45 AM EDT (US)     594 / 1132  
Hey, Mister Pickles...There are some men in white here, says they want to "speak" with you. They said something about "Sigmund wants to see him"...

posted 07-31-02 08:52 AM EDT (US)     595 / 1132  
*Some noises backstage*

*Kraaghl* What is this? *Krgl* You spilled garlic sauce on your *KRAGLL* new suit, dear?! *sigh* No, mam. I told you it was a bird that.. *Kraghl* It's all right, dear, *Kragl*! everyone spills sause sometimes, let me.. Grrrrrr... Mam! Not now!! I have to go on stage! Iz is signing me to come. And stop calling me 'dear'!! Grmplf.. *Kragl* Yes, dear. And be modest with the garlic next time, *kragl*?

I DID NOT SPILL GARLIC SAUSE ON MY SUIT, MAM!!!AND I TOLD YOU THAT A BIRD SHI...

*Swolte notices his microphone is on, and the people are silent*

D'oh!

Euh.. HELLOOOOOOOOOOooooOOO EVERYBODY!! Dear members and all other interested beings! How nice to see you all gathered here at the party!!

Today is a very special day!! Who knows why?

*members shouting*

"It's my birtday!!"
No, I said special.
"It's pancake day!!"
No.
"It's speech day!!"
No.
"It's a beautiful day!!"
No.
"It's today!!"
*sigh*

Okay, I'll tell,

Today...

IS...

MEDAL DAY!!!! YAHOOOO!!!!

Ok, stop the drumming now...

I am very proud to honour 3 members. The official BTOOIC medel that gives honoured status is rarely given and should not be taken lighty. They always 'happen'. Remember, they are not a 'rank' or meant to make persons more valued then others. They are a token of appreciation for those that have put great effort in our cause. Also it's a vote for responsibility! As with it comes the power to speak on behalf of the BTOOIC. This can be a burden or become a token of confidence because... Nono.. not yet!
Ahum.. Where was I? Damn speech papers get all messed up.. Oh, this is it.. *egh* .. therefore PsyKitty is rewarded with the.. Oeps!

I will now give you the names (and descriptions) and ask them to step forward to speak to your relatives, friends and pets gathered here..

THE NAMES ARE..
drums
Drums..
DRUMS!!!

He has been with us from the beginning and his numerous posts have not gone unnoticed. He was famous for his fighting skills in the Valley. We all know BTOOIC is not known for aggression but... unlike his opponents HE was distinctive in his WAY of fighting. With the colourful pictures and humourous skills he did it the BTOOIC way!! Providing the positive associations suitable to the BTOOIC. The opening of the park was a great succes. Perhaps a more exeptional achievement was the News!! No one knew it faster then him, sometimes before it happened! Last but not least. The creativity he got associated to the BTOOIC through his memorable movies was of tremendous value!! Therefore Psykitty is rewarded with the 'honoured status' Give him a hand and a big applause!!!
Psykitty, congrats!!

*gives medal*

The next member has brought us all much joy! Together with PsyKitty he is a respected news reporter! His stable and frequent presence in the Valley made him very reliable. Known for his loyalty towards the BTOOIC he was always ready to defend our cause! And... share his knowledge!! His 'Tower of Fa*cough*r' was a place of Knowledge and discussion. But the one thing he really sparkled with was the restaurant. DE-LI-CIO-US!!! WAUW! the atmosphere, everything just perfect. For his endless zeal and creativity I am proud to hand FALAGAR the 'I am honoured'-medal!!! *claps*claps*claps*!!!
*hands medal*

His countless advice was a tremendous support for the BTOOIC. When liberating the Valley, not having a trustworthy advisor would have been madness. Not only reliable.. but wise as well!! Known for his wisdom but also ready to protect our creative beliefs he can't be missed. As a valuable associate of Doctor Sigmund Swolte he cured many... eh... Well.. Currently training BTOOIC members the art of AoW-gaming. Here he is and give him a big applause.. BILBO!! oeps
WATERFLY!!!

*hands medal*

Some may know there is another medal.. A Golden doughnut medal... The most rare and exeptional award possible... Two members are secretly nominated...

Guys!! Have fun at the party!!

posted 07-31-02 09:24 AM EDT (US)     596 / 1132  
Congrats, Psykitty, Falagar and Waterfly! *goes to update the member list*

posted 07-31-02 09:27 AM EDT (US)     597 / 1132  
Yes, however...
But what´s about our PBEM swolte?
It´s your turn since 2 days.

Andalakus*, honoured 6th Member of BTOOIC
posted 07-31-02 09:36 AM EDT (US)     598 / 1132  
*starts crying*
Oh, thank you, thank you, I love you all!
Thanks!

posted 07-31-02 09:46 AM EDT (US)     599 / 1132  
Somehow Rorschach didn't recieve my turn. I have just arrived at my computer place and it has been resent!!

Claps for the just honoured:

*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*

*stands up*

*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*

Edit: that all Falagar? Speech!

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 07-31-2002 @ 09:59 AM).]

posted 07-31-02 09:50 AM EDT (US)     600 / 1132  
Die...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 38  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Tower of Evermore - A Clan Forum » Grand public BTOOIC opening/recruitment!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames