You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tower of Evermore - A Clan Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Grand public BTOOIC opening/recruitment!!!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38  Next Page »
posted 04-07-02 08:19 AM EDT (US)   
For music click this site while enjoying our party!!! (make site small and click at party if doesn't work)

****WELCOME TO THE GRAND BTOOIC OPENING CEREMONY!!!!!***

: "HellooOOO everybody! WE welcome all of you on this very special occasion!! And now for the moment we've all been waiting for... I am proud to declare
BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option In Cities) officially opened!

*CHEERS!!**CHEERS!!**CHEERS!!*

We have 68 fierce and proud official members now:
*Swolte the first Mapmaking_award Peace_award
*Iznoghoud the grand vizier honoured*
*Bilbo with the funny name
*Rorschach the mole
*Devon the almighty, invincible, beautifull, great, genial...etc (Ah.. well. Read his profile and stories!)
*Andalakus the sixth one! honoured*
*Mister Pickles of Dill honoured*
*Polaris the mighty X teleporter razer
*The Black Knight
*Falagar the the high-elven lord honoured*
*Photios the roman
*Parrotfish the searching one
*ElvenDefender of the High Elves
*Kysss the Hungarian programmer
*Black_Raven the tall red(!) clothed one
*Undine the Mega man
*Leonidas the Lord of the Rings
*Jader the super soldier
*KeeblerElf the cookie eating one
*Tekk Zero the AOW Freedom Fighter honoured*
*Sir Crashalot the Hardline Extremist Sustenance_award
*Psykitty the Yttikysp honoured*
*Waterfly the famous honoured*
*Saber Cherry the Atashi wa kawaii da yo
*Sir HankOSU
*Skylancer64
*Lord Shadow lord of the Shadows
*Alex Mars with the cool website!!
*Satrhan the 29th
*LordDragatus the one that killed the cow!!!!

*Batvanio the first ATCD (After The Cow's Death)
*ffbj the the valiant mapmaking attorney
*GoldDragon the shiny one
*Mr_Comp01001 the digital one
*FairyDragon the very shapely female knight
*Kangaxx the jolly Lich
*Janos Oudrin of Nosgoth
*cloudstrife726 the Marching one Poetry_award
*Eothain, Lord of Rohan!
*Toraz the one that found a home
*Xeno the halfling leadeater
*Willow House the meditating wonderer
*Karmic the Elven Druid Mapmaking_award
*Zargen rathblade the doughnuteer
*Iluvatar the ruler of Middle Earth
*Pok the cheesy one
*MayorMcCheese the McDonalds character with hamburger on head
*Troy Locker the highly recommended one
*The suicidal Angel
*Tarallo the italian link
*Demon Knight
*The Drunk Knight Movie_award(3)
*D3_kamikaze
*Stasius the silent
*Castanied with the a
*Arelix the *cough* nonviolent
*Octovius the coffeemaker
*Manuk, the man that never laughs
*Clementus, the white knight
*WitchKing, the lord of the wraiths
*OnepoorHalfling the poor halfling
*Lord of the FuSion
*NorthernPlato, the philosophical coffee drinker
*Radd, the programmer from the stars!
*Dafyth, he who never surrenders..
*Uruloki of the dragon
*Andro, the english donutteer
*Hiranu the humble
*Squeekydragon, the dragon that shall never squeek

This is the current size of our mighty fearless army:

(Cow as symbol of our fears that have been reached and defeated, the cow is cut into pieces until nothing remains...or is there? Swolte the first IS taking some odd ring-shaped white_black-dotted thing in his pocket...)

Please stay and enlist here for free! In a moment we will have karaoke acts and much more!!"

ps: do keep the noise down for neighbouring threads.

(pssssst...There will be coffee and doughnuts in the members only secret unsuspecting meeting place in the Boring Old Windmill that will be next door)

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 07-23-2005 @ 10:33 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-02-02 10:00 PM EDT (US)     241 / 1132  
lol

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~Confucius
Email at: Tekkaman_Zero@hotmail.com 124881677
posted 05-03-02 07:55 AM EDT (US)     242 / 1132  
LOL

Btw, the Devs should include a Cow unit in the game that can be placed in the editor. With a nice MOOOOOOOOOO! sound when selected of course...

[This message has been edited by Iznoghoud (edited 05-03-2002 @ 07:57 AM).]

posted 05-03-02 08:05 AM EDT (US)     243 / 1132  
*rotflmao*

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 05-03-02 08:34 AM EDT (US)     244 / 1132  
Great act, man!!!
(this should get us members)

(lol))

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 05-03-02 02:11 PM EDT (US)     245 / 1132  
*sniff* this kind of comedy is but rarely seen.

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon
posted 05-04-02 04:36 PM EDT (US)     246 / 1132  
I know this question have been brought up before,
but who is nominated to be hounored members?

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 05-04-02 05:05 PM EDT (US)     247 / 1132  
I think honoured member status just jumps on whoever isn't looking... ...

-Solon
posted 05-04-02 05:21 PM EDT (US)     248 / 1132  
*closing my eyes*

posted 05-04-02 07:04 PM EDT (US)     249 / 1132  
If you're looking for people, I can think of a great way!

Test: This is only a test.

that'll get you more posts than all the Dutch donuts in the world (?) combined!

For those of you who don't understand, I was going to give you a link, but it seems to have disappeared, thanks to those crazy EZBoard people.

Swolte: You should consider going to www.leagueaow.com and forming a BTOOIC Unit. FIGHT UNDER THE BTOOIC BANNER! However, the Rough Riders would easily serve all your needs, appreciate your humour, and give you as many Belgian waffles as you want. With real Maple Syrop (All current members happen to be Canadian )!

You know, I think I'll create a new account. Not here, though. It's too complicated to make them here. EZBoard, maybe.

Unknown250|Jumping on Bandwagons|Since 2001
posted 05-04-02 07:40 PM EDT (US)     250 / 1132  
I didn't know that place has a forum.

Can you post smilies there?

posted 05-04-02 08:06 PM EDT (US)     251 / 1132  
Where did you get the crazy idea that all current members are Canadian? It is (sadly) not true, but I agree that those of use who are priviledged to to live in such a free-trading country *glares at all the frickin' retards in the USA that think imposing softwood lumber tariffs is free trade* should do our best to spread the the legendary Canadian Maple Syrup.

-Solon
posted 05-04-02 11:25 PM EDT (US)     252 / 1132  

Quote:

*glares at all the frickin' retards in the USA that think imposing softwood lumber tariffs is free trade*

And let our loggers go hungry?

[This message has been edited by The Drunk Knight (edited 05-04-2002 @ 11:26 PM).]

posted 05-04-02 11:42 PM EDT (US)     253 / 1132  
Ok, fine. Let's impose 35% tariffs on all the water and power we sell to you. You like that? I thought not. Besides American home builders prefer Canadian softwood to American. Better quality.

-Solon
posted 05-04-02 11:44 PM EDT (US)     254 / 1132  
Oh Mr. Pickles... *shakes head*

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~Confucius
posted 05-04-02 11:49 PM EDT (US)     255 / 1132  
So the American goverment cares more about American loggers than Canadian loggers. Doesn't that make sense to you?
posted 05-05-02 00:00 AM EDT (US)     256 / 1132  
Mr. Pickles the tarriffs about importing materials internationally are suppose to help American businesses be competitive with foreign markets. The goal of the tarriffs are to keep the many thousands American loggers with a job. Do you think it would be kind to the American loggers not to be able to sell a product competitively with the Canadians? I would expect the same from Canada if the Amercians were harming a specific industry. Sometimes it is easier to import than produce goods domestically. Don't be too hard on us Americans, we are just trying to turn a buck like you Canadians.

posted 05-05-02 01:29 AM EDT (US)     257 / 1132  
Please Tekk, define the concept of "Free Trade". Last I heard, it had something to do with trading for free. That's what NAFTA is all about, eliminating tariffs, not creating them. The US and Mexico were the frontrunners to NAFTA, Canada followed suit, so how come their now forcing the Canadian softwood lumber industry to fork out $2.7 billion dollars a year? That's what I hate about NAFTA, it allows the US to bully Canada around in the trade sector, along with taking over Canadian companies. IMO, the US government is full of it.

?? What does this have anything to do with BTOOIC? other than how I made a statement under my breath...

Oh, and forgive me, it's 27%, not 35%

Also, about the electricity exports, we exported 45.28 billion kWh in 1996, while importing 7.705 billion kWh. The US electricity imports were 46.543 billion kWh in 1996. In 1997 Canada exports of electricity to the states were worth $1,377,390,000. Add a 27% tariff and that comes out to $358,121,400 extra.

-Solon
posted 05-05-02 01:38 AM EDT (US)     258 / 1132  
*gets dizzy looking at all the big numbers*

Sorry, but I don't understand any of this stuff... Besides, arguments are better suited in the Boring Old Windmill, or one of the Hall newspapers... That way, potential new members won't be driven away.

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 05-05-2002 @ 01:40 AM).]

posted 05-05-02 01:48 AM EDT (US)     259 / 1132  

Quote:

Please Tekk, define the concept of "Free Trade".

Oh, I see what you are trying to get at. I think you and I both know what "Free Trade" is... Free Trade of Goods. However, do you really think it would be wise not to put tariffs on goods being imported from China? They make stuff so dirt cheap that not many competitors in the US can match. You might have a point for Canada, but in certain circumstances "free trade" of certain goods could be harmful for the American economy and the American consumer. For favoring tariffs, I think more of China than I do Canada.

I still stand to my argument on the US tariff protecting the American lumber industry (could you quote what the American industries sell their lumber for and what the Canadians were offering [minus the tariff])? However, I do agree with you on electricity. Other than the exception of Canada was selling power to the US for ridiculous prices that US companies could not compete with, then I would totally agree with you. I personally hate tariffs, but sometimes they are necessary to protect the American industries.

posted 05-05-02 01:51 AM EDT (US)     260 / 1132  
*deleted double post* Sorry!

[This message has been edited by Tekk Zero (edited 05-05-2002 @ 01:52 AM).]

posted 05-05-02 03:52 AM EDT (US)     261 / 1132  
this discussion might be worthwhile when it wouldnt be confusing this thread here....

winner of BTOOIC 2003 AoW2 tournament
teamwinner of HG 2002 AoW1 double tourney finals (with ArchmageSUN)
ex-foreign advisor to BTOOIC (retired due to lack of foe)
posted 05-05-02 05:58 AM EDT (US)     262 / 1132  
If you wanna discuss this, go to the libary.

posted 05-05-02 09:53 AM EDT (US)     263 / 1132  
Can I Sign up?

Official -- Youngest Member of HG -- 2005
posted 05-05-02 12:01 PM EDT (US)     264 / 1132  
But then, we don't have a free trade agreement with the Chinese. The entire point of the North America Free Trade Agreement is to eliminate tariffs, not create new ones. And in regards to the lumber mills in the US, none were closed down while we were still trading with you without tariffs.

Waterfly, which thread are you talking about?

EDIT: When I say eliminate tariffs, I mean to eliminate tariffs between the partners of NAFTA, Canada, USA and Mexico, and no one else.

-Solon

[This message has been edited by Mister Pickles (edited 05-05-2002 @ 12:03 PM).]

posted 05-05-02 01:05 PM EDT (US)     265 / 1132  
Ok, I can buy your argument Mister Pickles. As long as American industries were not being crippled by Canadian industry. The goal of a nation is to try to be self-sufficient. I think the most striking example is oil (Thank God for the Russians, We have needed someone to defy OPEC and give us reasonable prices on oil).

Also, I can support your agument just as long as the Chinese are still tariffed.

posted 05-05-02 01:08 PM EDT (US)     266 / 1132  
AARG, Pickles I will get you!
maybe I hire TDK sidekick

Mr_Comp: the last 2 lines of your sig dont fit into the common idea here. Would you change them? Do you know about the teleporter idea?

winner of BTOOIC 2003 AoW2 tournament
teamwinner of HG 2002 AoW1 double tourney finals (with ArchmageSUN)
ex-foreign advisor to BTOOIC (retired due to lack of foe)

[This message has been edited by waterfly (edited 05-05-2002 @ 01:09 PM).]

posted 05-05-02 02:25 PM EDT (US)     267 / 1132  
Also, the last two or three times the Americans tried to impose this tariff, NAFTA ruled in our favour. Different countries produce different goods and products. It's simple economics called specialization. If one Country A can produce one good more efficiently than Country B, then country B should let the country A produce it and export it, allowing better resource allocation. Canada lacks in the high-tech sector, should we then put tariffs on all tech products coming from the States?

EDIT: Oh, and the goal of a country is not to be self-sufficient. Rather to make as much profit it can off products it specializes in. Otherwise, there is wasted resources on products the country is worse at producing.

-Solon

[This message has been edited by Mister Pickles (edited 05-05-2002 @ 02:47 PM).]

posted 05-05-02 02:47 PM EDT (US)     268 / 1132  
Don't let Comp sign up. As far as I know he doen't play AoW and he only wants to join you for your political stance on HG main. He is supposedly stopping the war between the halla nd TDK. However as he hasn't visited for quite a few months he doesn't know that it stopped about 3 weeks ago

Angel SNR
posted 05-05-02 10:37 PM EDT (US)     269 / 1132  
Not to start clowning around with boring political arguments, but I think the "free trade" platform needs put to rest. Some countries that trade with us have deplorable labor protections. The labor laws we've passed in the United States weren't passed because they're efficient, but because they protect people.

To allow foreign operations to treat employees in manners that would be illegal here is unethical, unless you want to say that the people in these foreign nations don't deserve the same protections from exploitation that we have here.

Notorious HANK the BTOOIC CLOWN

25th camrade in the glorious BTOOIC movement

posted 05-06-02 09:51 AM EDT (US)     270 / 1132  
Ahum...

Everyone posting comments on that trade here ---> Posts a recruitment act too!!! We NEED only three more (sincere AoW-fan-like!) members to reach the cow. And its a GOOD time to get the petition! Not too early and not too late, not too big and not too small, not too deep and not too filled, not too.. etc

Swolte the First

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Tower of Evermore - A Clan Forum » Grand public BTOOIC opening/recruitment!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames