You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tower of Evermore - A Clan Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Grand public BTOOIC opening/recruitment!!!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38  Next Page »
posted 04-07-02 08:19 AM EDT (US)   
For music click this site while enjoying our party!!! (make site small and click at party if doesn't work)

****WELCOME TO THE GRAND BTOOIC OPENING CEREMONY!!!!!***

: "HellooOOO everybody! WE welcome all of you on this very special occasion!! And now for the moment we've all been waiting for... I am proud to declare
BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option In Cities) officially opened!

*CHEERS!!**CHEERS!!**CHEERS!!*

We have 68 fierce and proud official members now:
*Swolte the first Mapmaking_award Peace_award
*Iznoghoud the grand vizier honoured*
*Bilbo with the funny name
*Rorschach the mole
*Devon the almighty, invincible, beautifull, great, genial...etc (Ah.. well. Read his profile and stories!)
*Andalakus the sixth one! honoured*
*Mister Pickles of Dill honoured*
*Polaris the mighty X teleporter razer
*The Black Knight
*Falagar the the high-elven lord honoured*
*Photios the roman
*Parrotfish the searching one
*ElvenDefender of the High Elves
*Kysss the Hungarian programmer
*Black_Raven the tall red(!) clothed one
*Undine the Mega man
*Leonidas the Lord of the Rings
*Jader the super soldier
*KeeblerElf the cookie eating one
*Tekk Zero the AOW Freedom Fighter honoured*
*Sir Crashalot the Hardline Extremist Sustenance_award
*Psykitty the Yttikysp honoured*
*Waterfly the famous honoured*
*Saber Cherry the Atashi wa kawaii da yo
*Sir HankOSU
*Skylancer64
*Lord Shadow lord of the Shadows
*Alex Mars with the cool website!!
*Satrhan the 29th
*LordDragatus the one that killed the cow!!!!

*Batvanio the first ATCD (After The Cow's Death)
*ffbj the the valiant mapmaking attorney
*GoldDragon the shiny one
*Mr_Comp01001 the digital one
*FairyDragon the very shapely female knight
*Kangaxx the jolly Lich
*Janos Oudrin of Nosgoth
*cloudstrife726 the Marching one Poetry_award
*Eothain, Lord of Rohan!
*Toraz the one that found a home
*Xeno the halfling leadeater
*Willow House the meditating wonderer
*Karmic the Elven Druid Mapmaking_award
*Zargen rathblade the doughnuteer
*Iluvatar the ruler of Middle Earth
*Pok the cheesy one
*MayorMcCheese the McDonalds character with hamburger on head
*Troy Locker the highly recommended one
*The suicidal Angel
*Tarallo the italian link
*Demon Knight
*The Drunk Knight Movie_award(3)
*D3_kamikaze
*Stasius the silent
*Castanied with the a
*Arelix the *cough* nonviolent
*Octovius the coffeemaker
*Manuk, the man that never laughs
*Clementus, the white knight
*WitchKing, the lord of the wraiths
*OnepoorHalfling the poor halfling
*Lord of the FuSion
*NorthernPlato, the philosophical coffee drinker
*Radd, the programmer from the stars!
*Dafyth, he who never surrenders..
*Uruloki of the dragon
*Andro, the english donutteer
*Hiranu the humble
*Squeekydragon, the dragon that shall never squeek

This is the current size of our mighty fearless army:

(Cow as symbol of our fears that have been reached and defeated, the cow is cut into pieces until nothing remains...or is there? Swolte the first IS taking some odd ring-shaped white_black-dotted thing in his pocket...)

Please stay and enlist here for free! In a moment we will have karaoke acts and much more!!"

ps: do keep the noise down for neighbouring threads.

(pssssst...There will be coffee and doughnuts in the members only secret unsuspecting meeting place in the Boring Old Windmill that will be next door)

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 07-23-2005 @ 10:33 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-08-02 07:24 PM EDT (US)     61 / 1132  
*looks at doughnut plate* We're running out of doughnuts!! Wait a sec......I have an idea!

gruff...grffthug...grunt *pant pant*, HEAVE!

Don't worry, I got the doughnuts covered!

let's see now, first we mix up the batter *la la la dee da*... ...hmmm I'd like some jelly doughnuts...how do they get the jelly inside the jelly doughnut? do they insert it after the doughnuts are done? hmmm...we'll have to try it that way. Well, here they go into the deep fryer *OUCH!! That fat smarts!* Well now...how does one get the jelly inside? Maybe I could inject it. Inject it with what? Would a syringe work? I think that might be possible! Where can I get a syringe? Wait, I think I saw a couple in the back alley... ... ...here they are! They don't hold a lot of jelly though... ... ...ah...fresh jelly doughnuts!

*Puts a new plate of jelly doughnuts on the table* Eat up! They're fresh.

posted 04-08-02 07:33 PM EDT (US)     62 / 1132  
*takes a donut, but carefully eats around the jelly*
Great donuts, Mister Pickles!
posted 04-08-02 07:42 PM EDT (US)     63 / 1132  
?? Give me your jelly!!! *yummy*... ...*pretty jelly*... ...*rainbow jelly*... ...

*falls to the floor staring at the roof with a slight grin on his face*

gurgleurgleurgle... ...

posted 04-08-02 09:30 PM EDT (US)     64 / 1132  
*wanders in, looks around with suprise*

Hey, this isn't the room with the beta demo...*notices a swolte on the stage* Hey, your signs are wrong, they say there's a...ooh, donuts!

*eats a donut*

(due to your extensive campagining, I'm giving up. I was holding out til the demo before I make a judgement, but your brainwashing techniques have forced me to give in early.)

*notices the walls plastered with BTOOIC slogans and posters, then looks at the Donuts of Brainwashing*

*gives in*

Sign me up guys. If nothing else, I desire to be a little waddling...Mega Man graphic? And reaching the cow seems to be a noble cause...

posted 04-08-02 09:34 PM EDT (US)     65 / 1132  
I'm glad someone mentioned the LotR problem and teleporters. When I first heard about them I thought maybe the town teleporters were to prepare us for the revised edition of the Lord of the Rings in which Frodo jumps into the teleporter at Bag End and *POW!* there he is in Minas Tirith, thus saving the publisher and reader 600 pages of compelling adventure.

So what would happen if a fly got in the teleporter with you?

Anyway, if you don't mind a Johnny-come-lately, I'm in on this BTOOIC thang.

posted 04-08-02 11:57 PM EDT (US)     66 / 1132  
*sniff* Welcome brothers, please, have a seat and someone will be right with you. Have a doughnut, I made them myself!
posted 04-09-02 05:56 AM EDT (US)     67 / 1132  
Yes, I want to be soldier.

Jader

posted 04-09-02 07:14 AM EDT (US)     68 / 1132  
Honoured BTOOIC-members, I - the brave yet clumsy Norwegian - am worried. The devs are ignoring us. Good people, why are they doing this?
posted 04-09-02 07:18 AM EDT (US)     69 / 1132  
I'm glad I've been added to the list.

"There are the malcontents, and do not underestimate them, for they are legion!"--Julius Caesar
"King of kings, ruling over kings"--motto of the last dynasty of the Eastern Roman Empire
posted 04-09-02 07:32 AM EDT (US)     70 / 1132  
Well I might join but I think the devs thought of something.
ex: telepoters cost huge amounts of money to build, takes longer than one turn to teleport
posted 04-09-02 11:01 AM EDT (US)     71 / 1132  
I believe it's not that we're worried about teleporters. It's that we want the option to have them off, like "leaders off" in the original AOW. Also to be able to toggle them in making a map. This way, we can add strategy, but the game the devs have made won't really be affected.

I personally am not at all opposed to teleporters. However, I think that options are good, and this one sounds like a good idea.

We're not approaching the devs personally (*ahem*) until after we've seen the demo, to see how they really work in the game.

That about it, swolte?

posted 04-09-02 11:50 AM EDT (US)     72 / 1132  
*swolte climbing on stage*

Yes Undine and hello everyone !!
I can see you are having a great time at the big party! We welcomed THREE new members in our midst today!! Yes, that chick.. Big Bird story affected us a lot. We feel sorry for him and hope things will turn out for the best in the future...

Anyway, AND now I am proud to present a play from the fantasy genre we ALL love so MUCH!!!! PLEASE WELCOME LUC AND HIS DAAAAAAAAAAAADY!!!!

Aaaargh, I wanna stay up to watch the Dragonballs-rewind tonight, Father!!!
Dont 'force' me, son. You're going to bed!

(What do you mean, Iznoghoud? Whats wrong?)

A more serious speech will be up in a few hours..
In the meantime: Enjoy our delicious home-made Doughnuts! Lets give Mister Pickles a big round of APPLAUS!!! he did his best

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 04-09-02 01:10 PM EDT (US)     73 / 1132  
Everyone, I'll be gone for the evening, I'm off to learning for the biggest physics test this year of school. (apart from the exam that is)

Quoted from swolte: What do you mean, Iznoghoud? Whats wrong?

pssst, don't let everyone know, but Mister Pickles used an already used syringe to put the jelly in the donuts. I think some of the mind-altering drugs were still in there... Look at the way Undine joined us. The mind-altering donuts are working!

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)
Admin of the BTOOIC site and forum.
posted 04-09-02 02:10 PM EDT (US)     74 / 1132  
yes, but you can eat the jelly, cause the mind-altering drugs don't affect members who joined of free will

Well, see you later Iznoghoud. Has anyone seen Draco lately? Seems to me he's a fugitive on the run.

posted 04-09-02 03:23 PM EDT (US)     75 / 1132  
I'm here. I'm always here.

Hmmmm.

*wonders if this these threads belong in the "Community" fourm rather than the "Guild" forum.*

::reads Guild forum description::

Quote:

A role-playing forum for all AoW Guilds. Whether you’re recruiting new members or drawing battle lines, all posts should be made “in-character.”

Hmmmmmm.

posted 04-09-02 05:24 PM EDT (US)     76 / 1132  
*swolte runs back on stage all dirty, sweaty and nervous (like he has fearfully rolled of a hill)*

"Doughnut...?"

*gets off stage trying hopelessly to role-play a fanatic cult leader*

()

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 04-09-2002 @ 05:36 PM).]

posted 04-09-02 08:43 PM EDT (US)     77 / 1132  
I KeeblerElf of Cookie Tree wish to join the BTOOIC!
posted 04-09-02 09:56 PM EDT (US)     78 / 1132  
No Draco, this isn't a role-playing group, it's a guild, a guild rallying for BTOOIC, hence the name. No roleplayers here, no siree...say, wanna join? It's free.

know what guys, I think we need something else to attract high-ranking forum-goers to join our cul...group. I'll talk more on it in the windmill

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon
posted 04-09-02 10:23 PM EDT (US)     79 / 1132  
Hmmmmm.

*wonders what part of the description Mister Pickles didn't understand.*

posted 04-09-02 11:09 PM EDT (US)     80 / 1132  
*ahem* Now that I put on my specs...ahhh, trying to be tricky with all your legal mumbo-jumbo eh? Heh heh, won't work on us!

-Solon
posted 04-09-02 11:19 PM EDT (US)     81 / 1132  
... ..."I see it all now," said the blind man peeing in to the wind, "it's all coming back to me!"

While I might not be peeing in to the wind, I now understand what Draco was trying to get across. This is a guild forum. A guild forum for recruting players, etc. A role-playing guild forum. A role-playing guild forum where posts are to be made in character. We should be posting in the, "community," forum, because we are not a guild trying to recruit members... ...

-Solon
posted 04-10-02 06:59 AM EDT (US)     82 / 1132  
*Swolte gets on stage, looking bewildered*

*grabs some balloons*

"Hello, everybody!!!

"Erm... Invincible Lord Devon *(go read his stories in the poetry, Draco )*, your services are needed at the secret windmill. Push him in 'the place that nobody is supposed to know about', be gentle though, no bad publicity..."

JOIN BTOOIC!

... *thud*

*silence*

posted 04-10-02 10:38 AM EDT (US)     83 / 1132  
*grabs a donut, starts to eat*

Mmmmm...Where *yum* do you *yum* get all
these *yum* exellent donuts from?

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?

[This message has been edited by Falagar (edited 04-10-2002 @ 10:42 AM).]

posted 04-10-02 11:17 AM EDT (US)     84 / 1132  
shhhhhh...

-Solon
posted 04-10-02 11:52 AM EDT (US)     85 / 1132  

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 04-10-02 11:53 AM EDT (US)     86 / 1132  
Finaly, I got those smilies to work!!!!!

posted 04-10-02 04:19 PM EDT (US)     87 / 1132  
Anyone (whether you like teleporters or not) who wishes for an option to turn off city built teleporters, feel free to join BTOOIC!

Swolte, or anyone else, is there still going to be a speech/funny act or something? We need to keep the party going, so more people join our cause.

*Sits back, relaxes and takes a donut*

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)
Admin of the BTOOIC site and forum.
posted 04-10-02 04:45 PM EDT (US)     88 / 1132  
*Swolte reporting from the AOW2 forum*

Yes, it seems like everybody is staying at the AOW2 boards. Can't really blame them. Lots of action over there.
Hmmmmmm... would be difficult to lure them back in unless...we have something EXTREMELY funny... wait I got an idea, I'll be with you in a moment, OVER!

posted 04-10-02 05:01 PM EDT (US)     89 / 1132  
*Swolte the First coming in, looks at the practically deserted place, filled with half-eaten doughnuts and spilled coffee milk*

*Gets on stage but with his back to 'audience'*

TATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well? well? What do you think?

*'that' silence we all remember and hope never happens to ourselves*

Eh...

posted 04-10-02 08:13 PM EDT (US)     90 / 1132  
psssst...

Only enter if you're not technically challenged.

-Solon
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Tower of Evermore - A Clan Forum » Grand public BTOOIC opening/recruitment!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames