You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: November Monthly Challenges (1P & 2P PBEM Co-Op)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-02-01 12:42 PM EDT (US)   
The two new Monthly Challenges for November have been added to the Downloads section.

GENERAL RULES
Play the scenario, and try to beat it as quickly as you can. Please submit your game save for the winning turn to Cay@HeavenGames.com before 23:59 EST on the due dates.

If you are playing Single Player, you must save and keep copies of your game at Days 5, 10, 20, and then every 20 days after that (40, 60, 80, etc). You are not allowed to use the Beatrix command line cheats. We will use these game saves to verify that you did not cheat.

If you are playing the Co-Op, you only have to turn in your final save because it is impossible to use the Beatrix cheats in a PBEM or MP game. On to the games!

================================================

THE FALL OF GONDOLIN (1P)
Submissions Due: Monday, December 31, 2001 before 23:59 EST
The single player challenge this month is Finger's classic Warlock's Rules map. You must have the Warlock's Rules mod pack installed to play this map. You can download it here from the MISC. Downloads section.

Single Player Rules
You may play simultaneous or classic turns.

You must play with the following settings:

• WR110 Rules
  • Leaders OFF
  • Leader Customization OFF
  • Allied Victory ON
  • Exploration ON

================================================

ALL THINGS UNEQUAL (2P PBEM Co-Op)
    Submissions Due: Thursday, January 31, 2002 before 23:59 EST
    Jason's classic map (and unofficial sequel to his Coming of the Dread Lord map) is the Nov/Dec monthly challenge. This map uses Triumph's Standard Rules (TS136) with the latest v1.36 patch installed. It is designed for two players to team up against the AI and is meant for PBEM play (which is why you have 2 months to complete it).

Because this is the first time we're trying out a co-op monthly challenge, the 2 month deadline may or may not be extended depending on player's feedback.

PBEM Co-Op Rules
    You must play two-player, co-operative PBEM turns.

You must play with the following settings:

• TS136 Rules
  • Leaders OFF
  • Leader Customization OFF
  • Allied Victory ON
  • Exploration ON

Cay will be posting the entries as they come in on the soon-to-be-unveiled Tournaments section of AOWH. Have fun and good luck!

[This message has been edited by Cay (edited 11-19-2001 @ 10:22 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 12-01-01 01:08 PM EDT (US)     31 / 42  
    Ahh...I downloaded the unequal map, but it says I need a password....
    posted 12-03-01 12:52 PM EDT (US)     32 / 42  
    Do you mean you tried to download it and you got an "enter a password" message when you tried to download it, or you got an "enter a password" message when you tried to play it the map?

I suspect it's the former. Try disabling any download management or accelerator programs you may be using (like GetRight or GoZilla), and the downloads should work fine.

posted 12-14-01 09:11 PM EDT (US)     33 / 42  
    Okay, I think we've got an allied victory, but I'm not sure. The game didn't end, but I couldn't move any more units or end turn after killing off the last unallied race.
    posted 12-15-01 07:54 AM EDT (US)     34 / 42  
    So should we just send in our final saves, even as mine dont show a victory?
    posted 12-15-01 04:52 PM EDT (US)     35 / 42  
    Neither of the above. I it downloaded fine, & I can play it fine, but it asks me for a password if I try to open it in the Editor.
    posted 12-15-01 08:06 PM EDT (US)     36 / 42  
    You can't open competition maps and look in the editor. It is designed that way.
    posted 01-14-02 04:22 PM EDT (US)     37 / 42  
    Oh, ok. However, Fall of Gondolin opened fine in the Editor...I didn't know about that...Oh, well, I didn't finish it in time anyway.
    posted 01-31-02 12:42 PM EDT (US)     38 / 42  
    Don't forget the deadline for All Things Unequal is today!
    posted 02-06-02 01:07 PM EDT (US)     39 / 42  
    Im curious about the results of the November challenges....
    Please dont forget to tell us.
    posted 02-06-02 06:42 PM EDT (US)     40 / 42  
    Of course I won't forget!

...I'm just evil...

...isn't the suspense killing you?!

Cay
    CayMack on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, and Steam. CayMack#1436 on BattleNet.
    Visit: TrueAchievements|TrueTrophies
    posted 02-08-02 10:11 AM EDT (US)     41 / 42  
    Way to go Kris, looks like we just edged the competition. Kris was the goblins and I had the dwarves. I must say Kris played well. I probably cost us a few days with some bad moves but I did use town gate pretty well toward the end to trim a few days. Early release of the northern prisoners by Kris was the key though.
    posted 02-08-02 04:32 PM EDT (US)     42 / 42  
    Congrats you two!!

[This message has been edited by Angel Draco (edited 02-08-2002 @ 04:35 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder » November Monthly Challenges (1P & 2P PBEM Co-Op)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames