You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hall of Wonders - Role Playing & Creative Writing
Moderated by ChowGuy, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Prancing Pony Inn
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 82 83 84  Next Page »
posted 09-08-02 10:48 PM EDT (US)   
WELCOME ONE AND ALL to the Prancing Pony Inn and Tavern. Farman has taken the coin Rugo so generously paid him and after a few renovations, is open for business. What type of business? Glad you asked!

Here Newbies, Players, GM's and Storytellers may gather to raise an ale and a song to old adventures while also plotting new. Or put another way, your one stop shop for Q & A, good times and sharing ideas.

Here Farman welcomes Newbies and their questions, he's been around and seen a lot, so he can probably help you out or point out someone who can.

GM's, Players and Storytellers, if you'd like to try out a new character or story idea, come on in and discuss it with friends - maybe get a new thread going. We can always use new ideas.

Just keep in mind to keep it civil, folks. Farman also has a very stout club behind that bar! (I hear he's named it "Kiss of the Cherub".)

By the way ... Ale on the House for all GM's! Newbies get the watered down version until we see how well they stay on their feet.

[This message has been edited by Kaji (edited 10-05-2002 @ 11:45 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-09-04 03:14 PM EDT (US)     2491 / 2500  
*sniffle* Waaaaaaaa!Idon'twannagoiwantmymummyboooohoooo!

Back to the subject of the 'new' PPI, possibly the Red Dragon Inn? Considering that the AOW logo is a red dragon?

'Read Error Line 2: Thread Unreadable 'Anyway, my question is, "Should I shave my pubic' <error detected>' - Spitfire
'I'm an alien. I'm a legal alien. I'm an Englishman in HG.' - Wulfhere
posted 08-09-04 03:31 PM EDT (US)     2492 / 2500  
edit: double post

That's annoying, with so few left to go

[This message has been edited by ChowGuy (edited 08-09-2004 @ 03:36 PM).]

posted 08-09-04 03:35 PM EDT (US)     2493 / 2500  
I could go with the Red Dragon Inn, but remembering that the RP forum is really a part of the larger HG community as well even if it is hosted at AoWH, I'm thinking a more globally inspired name perhaps?

Something like Heaven's Taproom maybe. Or perhaps Valhalla-day Inn :P ?

posted 08-09-04 05:37 PM EDT (US)     2494 / 2500  
Go with the Green or Red Dragon, I think. Most of the "larger HG community" really doesn't care, I think.

I definitely don't think you should close it early, though. Let it serve out its time. Take it from someone who's seen a lot of threads hit 2,500.

Oh, and I thought you meant the forum was closing down, not the thread. I've seen plenty of threads go to 2,500 here. Splash splash, anyone?

Edit: Oh wow, only 6 posts left! Who gets to make 2500, is the question. That's a heck of an honor, to me.

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)

[This message has been edited by The_Cobra_81 (edited 08-09-2004 @ 05:38 PM).]

posted 08-10-04 05:01 AM EDT (US)     2495 / 2500  

Quote:

Who gets to make 2500, is the question. That's a heck of an honor, to me.

Im leaving for greece in about 40 minutes, so it wont be me

I think the red dragon would be quite a good idea, what with the logo and all.

Pray for the Dead & Fight like Hell for the Living - David Rovics
posted 08-10-04 06:07 AM EDT (US)     2496 / 2500  
Am I the only one who's not particularly sad about the Pony being closed? I've made such terrible posts in this place, I'm glad we're moving on.

Looking back at the stuff I used to say, it's interesting to see how much I've changed as a person and a forumer. There's a lot of things I used to do that I would never even think of doing now. The Hall of Wonders itself has changed a lot too. The roleplays used to be very D&D and AoW-inspired, now it's mostly Middle-earth and Therin. Too bad our already small community has been shrinking so dramatically.

Quote:

Most of the "larger HG community" really doesn't care, I think.

No kidding.

I'm still rooting for the Green Dragon Tavern.

posted 08-10-04 09:36 AM EDT (US)     2497 / 2500  
Hey, only nine places to go. Anyone up for spamming? [bad joke]

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 08-10-04 03:04 PM EDT (US)     2498 / 2500  
VERY BAD JOKE WARNING

BH, most of your greatest contributions have been 'sits by fire snoozing' or something of the like. No offence though

One thing about the name - don't make it too recognisable. "The Prancing Pony Inn Continued" just sounds too lame. When I(and probably a lot of other people) first came here, I thought this was going to be a strictly in-context roleplay, or possibly long running storyline about the daily life of The Prancing Pony Inn, Bree, Middle Earth. Regular entrances by Gandalf, Frodo and 'Strider', I thought. How wrong I was.

Let's really make all the last posts in this thread and the posts in the next PPI count, please.

(Probably signing off for the last time in this thread),

Ebdong

P.S. Who's going to be Barman for the next PPI? OK to stay with ChowGuy?
P.P.S. Will this thread still be 'sticky' when it's expired?
P.P.P.S. *sniffle*

'Read Error Line 2: Thread Unreadable 'Anyway, my question is, "Should I shave my pubic' <error detected>' - Spitfire
'I'm an alien. I'm a legal alien. I'm an Englishman in HG.' - Wulfhere

[This message has been edited by ebdong (edited 08-10-2004 @ 03:08 PM).]

posted 08-10-04 03:56 PM EDT (US)     2499 / 2500  
Well to be honest, although the name was first used here in the forum as the typical generic tavern in Blackmane's "Come Let Us adore Him" Thread. Kaji shortly afterwards borrowed it from there, along with Farman the Barman and some other aspects, as the jumping point for "Path of the Fury" which she originally concieved as sort of a pre-quel thread. Later when she open this thread, she used the same names. RP characters from other threads have always been welcome to meet here in character but out of context, and Dinglebarb the "Gnome" wanders in from time to time, but none of the others I can think of. Oh, there's also the "statue" in the Rose Garden - that's actually Ta'Raxx, the bone (and Vampire) eating gargoyle, who was originally drawn up for another thread that I decided to sit out. I may yet get a chance to use him. Somewhere, sometime.

None of those threads were, by the way, AoW derived, and in fact one thing I've wanted to steer clear of is making this an "AoW" roleplay forum as there was already one of those and I wanted to make it clear I supported that and had no intention of "competing" with it. Sadly, the curtesy was not returned, though promises were made they quickly ignored in the name of "fun" and, I think, exasperation over the fact that this "silly newbie" forum survived and continued while the "serious writers" forums did not. Water under the dam as they say in Katy. (It leaks)

Nor did I really want an LoTR forum, for that matter, as there are more then enough of those out there as well. But ultimately it's always been up to the members as to what they want of course. I asked BM once why he choose that name to begin with, and he said it was the first thing that popped into his head. So while it may have inspired by LoTR, it was never directly connectted with it.

Well, one post to go. I think I'll reserve that for a formal announcement of the successor. Seems a fitting way to close out a thread.

-- The Sheriff, Bouncer and interim bartender for The Prancing Pony Inn in Farman's absence

PS: Whoever ends up being "the Bartender" the house rules should remain the same. They derive from the form ettiquette and were intended to make this place both a friendly and informational gathering place. In character is still fine, but no wars, no "I kick you in the nads" or "I hit u in teh face with a chair LOL" - that's not "role-playing" as we define it here.

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum

[This message has been edited by ChowGuy (edited 08-10-2004 @ 04:02 PM).]

posted 08-12-04 09:21 PM EDT (US)     2500 / 2500  
A Proclamation has been posted upon the doors of The Prancing Pony Inn

Let it be known by all here present:

Due to the sad but necessary closing of this fine establishment [for reasons of public safety and forum stability] the need arises for a new Gathering Place.

Herewith therefore, The Sheriff doth officially proclaim the estlishment of it's rightful successor.

Let all those who once met here make haste forwith to The Red Dragon Inn and Tavern where you may hope to find the same fine service and decorum that has made the Pony famous through the land.

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 82 83 84  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Hall of Wonders - Role Playing & Creative Writing » The Prancing Pony Inn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames