|You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
General Discussion & Suggestions
|Topic Subject:||Strange Lands Mod [was LOW]|
|« Previous Page 1 ··· 7 8 Next Page »|
posted 09-12-08 10:27 PM EDT (US)
- 15 new Races, each with unique style, strengths and weaknesses.
- Units have 20% reduced Attack, Defense and Resistance scores, compared to the original version.
- 30 new wizards and new wizard ability and skill pick system.
- 70+ heroes, new hero classes and level upgrades.
- New Spell Schools (previously Spheres), with many new spells and icons.
- Over 70 new artifacts, some with "special" properties.
- Many new sounds for units.
- 800+ units, ranging usually between levels 0 to 8. Exploring them all might take a while.
- Converted to MPE patch, providing many nice extra features.
You can see more details below and some additional info can be found in the Strange Lands Docs once you install the mod.
You need to use MPE-Setup to enable the mod. Set English language and Strange Lands -custom resources there, and run Strange Lands Mod.exe (or use the link provided) to play the mod. Campaign wont work with this mod, but random maps should work just fine. There are also few custom maps converted to the mod now, see below.
P.S. Thanks to hatstand for previously hosting the SL mod files for a long time.
In case some map is made for earlier version, you can convert it by selecting Strange Lands -custom resources in MPE setup, opening the map you want to convert with the MPE editor, and simply save it.
+ Units are relatively strong for their price, with good protection abilities. Undead ability gives even more protections.
- Units actually get weaker with experience, especially at gold medal. Being undead can be a weakness as well.
+ Units have haste and invisibility, making this an excellent sneaking race. Towns get very strong research bonus. The race has strong ranged attackers.
- Units can be bit costly for their combat effectiveness. Towns get major penalty at growth and some penalty to production as well.
+ Can make some of the strongest units in game, and just generally looks cool. Mana and research bonus.
- Units are expensive and cost more upkeep than in average. In addition, towns have gold penalty as well, so gold might be in short supply.
+ Very diverse selection of trainable units. Because of the diverse population, gets some bonus to gold, mana, production and growth.
- Is not especially strong at anything, but relatively good in everything.
+ Units can be quite sneaky, and on top of that, the town can be hidden in a huge forest as well. Can make powerfull ents at early stages in the game.
- Most units are tiny and have low hitpoints.
+ Strong melee units, and all of them have willpower. They can also move in snow and water at ease.
- Not very good ranged abilities. Towns get some production bonus, but nothing else.
+ Most units have summoned property, so you can save your gold income. Towns have great mana income bonus.
- Units being summoned, you can run out of mana easily, and the units have extra weaknesses.
+ Most units can fly, and they have good vision. The towns can be sent flying as well, and act as transports.
- Units can be bit squishy.
+ Units have good amount of protection abilities. They are mechanical as well, so they have even additional immunities. Towns have huge production bonus.
- Mechanical units mean additional weknesses as well. They also have lightning weakness, and mana penalty.
+ Lots of morphing abilities. Units also have swimming. Powerfull priest units. Mana and reseach bonus.
- Most units have kinda low defense value.
+ Strong fire and death based abilities. Can train godlike Balrogs at top tier.
- Many units have holy or secret weakness.
+ Many units have physical protection or resurgence. High level units are possessed. Good research bonus.
- Most units have holy weakness. Not good at scouting.
+ Tricky units, who commonly have sabotage, taunt and repair machine. Units can also multiply and grow stronger in battle. Awesome growth rate and some mana bonus.
- Low level units can be bit squishy, and most units have cold weakness. Production penalty.
+ Lots of trainable units, and they are relatively cheap. Good growth rate and mana bonus.
- Units are beasts, so they could be easily controlled by certain units.
+ Units have huge amount of hitpoints, they can move through most terrain easily and are immune to entangle. Awesome production rate.
- Units move bit slowly, and have low resistance. Growth penalty.
(Idea for new spheres by Merkraad)
One of the two schools that have more diverse types of spells. Thaumaturgis main speciality is health affecting spells, having 5 of those. It also has spells like Holy Light, Turn Undead and Holy Champion to combat forces of evil.
The other school that has diverse types of spells. Necromancers command the forces of death and darkness with great skill. He is specialized on the undead, having spells like Animate Hero, Animate Dead, Animate Ruins, Animate Dragon and Create Undead. Also they have spells like Power Word Fear, Rot, Infection, Corpus Furia, Weaken and Poison Ray to throw at enemies in combat. It is also one of the few schools that can learn Mastery spell, but at an increased cost.
Alterers specialize in bringing changes on the general environment. They can alter terrain with spells like Mist, Spiders Curse, Freeze Water, Clear Terrain, Level and Raise Terrain etc, and also they have very strong General Enchantment spells. They can also learn Mastery spell at reduced cost.
Conjurers specialize in conjuring various creatures to their aid, and sometimes forces of nature. Their summoning spells are generally cheaper than those of other schools, and they are very diverse. They can also learn spells like Conjure Comet, Call Tremors, City Quake and Tornado.
Evokers command the forces of destruction like no other. Their Combat attack spells are generally cheaper than those of other schools, and they are very diverse. They also have spells like Storm, Forge Blast, Fire Storm, Tornado and Fire Domain for blasting enemies from afar.
Enchanters can fortify their units with wide variety of unit enchantments, and also use certain Power Words and charms on enemy units.
Cosmos spells are available for all wizards, regardless of their school. There are some spells that will be available only on certain conditions though, like Spell of Mastery is only available for multiclass wizards and Mighty -enchantment can only be gotten if Shadow World is available. In addition to more general type of spells, Cosmos spells include some usefull summoning and enchanting spells, alltough theyre generally pretty expensive.
Gives Willpower & Immunity to Drain Will.
Deals Fire, Cold and Lightning damage. Only for some of the most powerfull units..
13ATT, 7DAM, extra long range, 1 shot. Advanced archer skill.
10ATT, 15DAM, long range, 1 shot / day. Advanced archer skill.
11ATT, 6DAM, medium range, 3 shots. Powerfull ranged attack for some advanced technological units.
12ATT, 8DAM, unlimited range. Magic and holy damage types. Combined with seeker, this ability can be real nasty..
10ATT, 5DAM, long range, 3 shots. Lightning and magic damage. Doom gaze animation.
11ATT, 7DAM, breath attack. Physical and wall damage. New breath attack with physical damage type attacks defense instead of resistance and damages walls.
10ATT, 10DAM, holy damage. Divine storm animation.
Powerfull units have this attribute, and also some other strange creatures. Slayer ability
Gives +2 to all stats, allows immunity to shadow sickness, and disables Changeling ability from unit. The temporeal version of this ability gives +1 to all stats, and any unit can get it from the Altar of Might
Allows immunity to shadow sickness, and disables Changeling ability from unit. All units in game have either this ability or the Might ability, meaning that all units are immune to shadow sickness and cant use changeling ability. Normal unit is able to get temporeal version of Mighty ability.
Allows Dragonkin Warriors to become either Dragonkin Nobles or Allosaurs at gold medal.
Nature lends its aid for the unit. Gives free movement, +2RES and immunity to entangle.
Allows a Unit to Float across all Terrain, gives +2ATT and immunity to freezing.
Gives the Unit a chance to steal it's Targets life force with each Melee Strike and, when a unit is disintegrated, produce a Gremlin in a new combat round.
- Decent ATT, high DEF, high HP
- Block, extra strike, mounted, polearm, physical protection and other protections are common
- Leadership I and holy or unholy champion, willpower at start
- Decent RES, decent HP
- Aimed shot, taunt, pixie dust and seduce are common
- Spell casting I, bards skills, leaderhip II-IV, some have ranged attack with mark 1-2 at start
- Decent ATT, decent MP
- Control animal, archery, critical / aimed shot, spear of slaying, natures blessing, trap and concealment are common
- Mark 3-5, vision 2-3, heroism and some ranged attack at start
- Decent ATT, low DAM (compensated by mighty meek feat), high MP
- Double strike, first strike, blurred, energy drain, throw blades, venomous spit, gas breath and poison strike are common
- Some concealment or invisibility, mighty meek, vision I and wall climbing at start
- Decent DEF, high RES
- Holy dagger, hurl lightning, black bolts, divine breath, lightning abilities, protections, holy strike are common
- Spell casting I, true seeing, turn undead, healing 1-2, mark 2-3 at start
- Low ATT, low DAM, high RES, low HP
- Magic bolts, fire bolts, frost bolts, flame throwing, frost blowing, bombard, lightning abilities and some protections are common
- Spell casting III, mark 4-5, and some ranged attack at start, willpower
Special thanks to Kirky Picardo and BNW mod for the additional graphics!
If you got cool ideas for improving the mod further, or something, feel welcome to post here.
[This message has been edited by Griffith (edited 01-19-2018 @ 06:05 AM).]
09-06-18 05:52 AM
241 / 241
Thx for the feedback. As for updating the mod, I'll make no promises. Dunno if it would help much adding uPatch 1.5 resources into the mod (maybe some new graphics?). MPE 2.0 had some features that could be nice, but I forgot what they were :-)
|« Previous Page 1 ··· 7 8 Next Page »|
|Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » General Discussion & Suggestions » Strange Lands Mod [was LOW]||Top|
|You must be logged in to post messages.|
Please login or register
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames
Copyright © 1997–2019 HeavenGames LLC. All rights reserved.