Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Forum limitations
posted 02-04-11 08:24 AM EDT (US)   
Hi all,

I don't know where to post it so...

I've 2 problems with the forum:
- I can't log 2 turns in separated POST if my opponent forgot to log. The forum doesn't want I post reply to myself
- I can't log various turns too quickly, the forum says "You're trying to post too many replies within a short time. Please retry later.", but since I have many PBEM at the same time (like you, I guess)...

Is anybody can do anything to fix it ?

Thank you,
Aggelon.

Forget mails, directories and attachments: use PBEM Wrapper
Replies:
posted 02-04-11 10:13 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Problem #1 - This will eventually go away. Either due to you've posted so much that it allows you to double post, or that you've been registered so long. Not sure which.
Problem #2 - No remedy to this one (that I know of)! I have to deal with it often myself..

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
posted 02-04-11 10:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
I play one email game, post in the forum, play another email game, post in the forum, play another email game, post in the forum. I haven't had the problems you mention, not sure why. Maybe it's because I used to be a moderator here?

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 02-04-11 10:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Thanks for answers...

Roger, I assume this is because you let a delay between 2 posts (actually, I let this delay too... by waiting in front of my screen ^^)

Personnaly, I often have few time available with the machine where AoW is installed, so I use to play in priority all my turns, plus I play in solo mode or others games... then, when my game-time is over, I can write my logs in the forum later during the day, from another PC... so I often write my logs successively... (to tell all, I'm not a children deprived by his parents, simply I play where I'm not supposed to play ^^)

Thanks for explanations,
Have fun,
Agg.

posted 02-04-11 11:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Unfortunately these are HG wide limitations to prevent people from '+1 posts' and other unthoughtful actions to get noticed or to simply annoy. I can't change these settings myself (that I know of).

Such restrictions may be 'helpful' for some online communities, but our community consists mostly out of mature and good natured people! I agree these setting aren't really needed.

On the other hand, it's not too bad, imho. The alternative is putting HG management in a position where they would have to make an exception for this particular Heaven because the people are so much nicer than everywhere else. Anyway, if I don't have a very strong reason, I'd rather hold off. They have more important stuff to quabble about anyway!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 02-04-2011 @ 05:08 PM).]

posted 02-04-11 03:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Don't worry Swolte, I have no problem with it... the strain is negligible versus the gain to get a safe and clean forum... and it's preferable to avoid exceptions.

I'm going to deal with it... like everybody else

Cheers,
Agg.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Website Feedback & Announcements » Forum limitations
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames