Please login or register

Website Feedback & Announcements
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New AoWH Downloads Version
posted 08-06-05 03:34 PM EDT (US)   
The downloads section at AoW Heaven has been updated. Pecunia has made a fantastic job with this new version, and has converted the old information to suit this new interface.

New features:
* New look
* Authors can update their submissions themselves
* More ruleset selections (and more will be added on request)
* Mini screenshots can be added

When you submit (or update) files, there's a new field called "Short Description". This information was not part of the old system, so please update your submitted scenarios. This text appears just below the title of your submission in the listing pages.

Thanks again, Pecunia!

[This message has been edited by Nojd (edited 08-06-2005 @ 03:39 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-07-05 06:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
I think it looks great!
posted 08-07-05 09:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
Some feedback on the new download system:

Good thing is: Finally there's a box for the ruleset used for each map - no more endless guessing and needing to ask. Also I like the thing about the possibility of adding mini screenshots (the feature that looked great in Ginette's archive). Also the possibility of being able to upgrade ones own submissions helps a lot.

Bad thing is: The old download table gave you more information at a first glance. Now you have to click on each map to find out about map size and difficulty level.

posted 08-07-05 10:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
yay, sorting works

===================================== Alphax =====================================
============= LASFS Operative #4 =============
The VoW Inn
"I'll bribe you to change the inn link in your sig." -- TDK
================================================================================
posted 08-16-05 02:54 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
- deleted -

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 08-16-2005 @ 01:27 PM).]

posted 08-16-05 11:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
As you just submitted an AoW SM scenario to this new downloads section, which is the downloads for the original AoW, it's obvious that you're mixing things up. Try searching for "final bolt" here instead:
http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/

And please resubmit your new scenario at the correct downloads archive.

At AoW Heaven we had an ancient (but admitably very functional) downloads program. This is the one that's been replaced. The colors are the ones used at this forum.

At AoW2 Heaven (including AoW SM) we have since the beginning had a completely different downloads program than the one at the original AoW Heaven. This was rewritten from scratch at the time.

All the sites at HeavenGames will now use the same downloads program. This is the only way to make it possible to maintain and develop the downloads functionality further. The current version of this program is running at both the AoW Heavens now, with different look and different sets of information fields.

posted 08-16-05 01:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
Oops, some devil took me to the wrong site! I have deleted my critique.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Website Feedback & Announcements » New AoWH Downloads Version
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames