You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Valley of Wonders - Community Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Trying to increase my gaming focus- so is HOMM worth playing?
posted 10-14-19 06:32 AM EDT (US)   
These days I find myself really trying to prune down my gaming time and focus on a few titles. I'd rather play a lot of a little, rather than a little of a lot!

So I've been trying to be very selective in what games I play. I want to play one or two sci fi 4x games, a WW2 grand strategy game, an ancient world grand strategy game, one or two turn based tactical games, a sci fi RTS etc. Really concentrate on a few games. I generally prefer fantasy and sci fi game to historical ones because since they are less bound to follow real life laws of nature and physics they allow for some deeper strategies.

I have Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and have played a bit. Some of the music is fantastic but I'll need to play more to decide on the gameplay. I've decided to make AOW Shadow Magic my fantasy strategy game of choice but I was wondering if HOMM 3 (or later versions) would be worth squeezing in also.

*edit* I decided it wasn't worth continuing it. The music is great and I prefer the multi resource aspect but overall I think AOW2 has more depth in the gameplay to it.

[This message has been edited by WindlePoons (edited 10-16-2019 @ 06:47 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-15-19 05:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
I played an earlier version of HoMM before Age of Wonders 3 came out, I think it was V... I didn't think it was that great tbh. AoW is much better

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Valley of Wonders - Community Forum » Trying to increase my gaming focus- so is HOMM worth playing?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames