Please login or register

AoW1 Scenario & Campaign Design
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The darkness?
posted 06-04-12 10:46 AM EDT (US)   
I just recently purchased Age of wonders: masters collection.

and it has been some years since I have played age of wonders, the first game.

It didn't take me very long to remember how to work most parts of the editor.

What I am failing to remember how to do is to bring the "darkness" back to the terrain. I am only able to bring the fog of war up.

every map that I edit/make, I am not able to get the blackness back up that initially covers up the fog of war.

Any help will be muchly appreciated.
Replies:
posted 06-04-12 12:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
Just start a game with exploration turned on, and you'll get the blackness

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 06-05-12 00:05 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
Silly question, how do I do that?
By the way, Thank you very much for the speedy response.
posted 06-05-12 06:51 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
Run the game. From the main menu, select Scenario, then Single Computer, and select the scenario you created in the editor. Make sure the Exploration option is turned on. Select the race you want to play and set the other options to your desire. Click on "Start!".

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 06-05-12 01:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
thank you.

Went to try that. Did everything like you said. I get there and the exploration tab is already checked in. I start scenario and it still doesn't cover the un-explored parts of the map up.

Also, I do get the covered up map when i do normal scenarios that I haven't touched.

[This message has been edited by NepinRith (edited 06-05-2012 @ 01:48 PM).]

posted 06-05-12 02:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
Can you send me the map you made so I can check what happens with it? My email address is in my profile at this forum.

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 06-05-12 05:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Ok I can do that. Just got to find the file real quick and I will send you it. it's just a small change of the 'after the fall' map.

e-mail sent.

[This message has been edited by NepinRith (edited 06-05-2012 @ 06:12 PM).]

posted 06-06-12 06:13 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
Hmm, I don't know what might be causing your problem. When I start a game on the map you sent me, I see the black areas normally. Perhaps you can take a screenshot showing what it looks like when you start the game and send it to me? (use the PrintScreen key, and then paste it to a graphics editor like Paint).

(Btw it's a modified version of Oracle's Eye, not After the Fall.)

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 06-06-12 08:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
I think i figured my problem out. and oops, thought I sent the after the fall mod map. anyways.

I think my error is in the fact that I had gone into the map to fix it after we had already started to play.

by 'fixing' a saved game map makes all the black part of the map revealed, plus it turns off the fog of war.

So this here is human error definitely on my part. I will have to make sure my things are as how I want them before going in and playing. No more modifying after i start the scenario.
posted 06-06-12 09:25 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
That's interesting, I didn't know that I can open a saved game in the editor...

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 06-06-12 12:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
yea, just like this:
open AoWED> click 'Open'. it will naturally open to 'custom'. if you click the 'folder up' button twice is will bring you to the age of wonders folder showing all these files: "Dict, EDIMAGES, EmailIn, EmailOut, Images, int, Release, Save, Scenario, Sfx, Songs, TCMaps, and User."

If you click the 'Save' folder, it will show all the game saves you have made. from there just click and choose what game save you want to open up. and Presto, there it is.
posted 01-27-13 01:07 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
Hi,
The Darkness is a British glam rock band from Lowestoft, Suffolk, formed in 2000. The band consists of Justin Hawkins (lead vocals, guitar), his brother Dan Hawkins (guitar, backing vocals), Frankie Poullain (bass, backing vocals) and Ed Graham (drums) and are characterised by their classic rock influences and elaborate stage performances.

click here

If you ve been hurt, you need a personal injury attorney who will win for you Our attorneys have been winning cases for over 20 years Learn more inside
posted 02-01-13 01:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
Hi,
my favorite game i play this game this game resolution are so nice i like this game...

Columbia MD Property Management Company

A full service property management company in Columbia, MD located at 5840 Banneker Road Full Service Real Estate in Columbia, Ellicott City Laurel Residences

[This message has been edited by Eichertpm (edited 02-01-2013 @ 01:39 PM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Scenario & Campaign Design » The darkness?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames