Please login or register

AoW1 Scenario & Campaign Design
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Castle Ruins and Caves
posted 11-06-11 05:16 PM EDT (US)   
My apologies if this belongs in the tech support forum, but I've been having an issue only with one map. When I go to actually play my map, all of the monster caves/castle ruins/dungeons are all explored from turn 1. Everything appears normal in the editor, and it still happens regardless of monsters and treasure being set to random or fixed. Frustratingly, in game the locations show the signs of being occupied (flashing red eyes in the caves for example), they just can't be entered. This is only an issue I have with this map, crypts and dungeons work on others. Has anyone else encountered this?
Replies:
posted 11-07-11 07:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
Sounds to me like you should re-install and make sure you've installed the 1.36 patch.
posted 11-08-11 03:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
I remember I experienced something similar back in the days. It might that this map is done for another mod of a game, and since randomization might put some units or items there that are not in the original AoW1 version, it get's corrupted. You could try to open the map in the editor, remove every Dungeon, Castle Ruin, Cave, Ziggurat, ect., and place new ones in their place from the editor list. I don't think you need to reinstall if it's only about 1 map.

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Frozen Warrior-/X\(++)/X\-
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Scenario & Campaign Design » Castle Ruins and Caves
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames