You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder
Moderated by Timelord

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder » Automatic WL - is it possible?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Automatic WL - is it possible?
BadBorre
posted 01-16-06 04:26 PM EDT (US)         
Hello all

I am wondering if someone could make an automatic wizard ladder.

To make a long story short, I'm not impressed nor satisfied with the current Wizards Ladder.

I have been playing the Age of wonders series for years, singleplayer, hotseat, Lan, Internet etc. I am totally addicted.

During the years I have been visiting the AOW Heaven forums and the downloads section on an almost daily basis.

Still, I havent ever submitted a single game to either the WL at AOWheaven or The Battlefield or http://worldonlinenation.com/aow

Why? Somehow its too difficult, there seems to be just to much "work" to do, by me as well as by the moderators etc.

Isnt it possible for someone amongst us to make a scipt, which can submit a ladder game automatically to an online database.

I am deeply impressed with the work done by
http://www.s3dconnector.net

Simply put, playing settlers online is a dream. It is just so rewarding to crush your opponents, and watch your rating increase automatically. (To bad my own rating keep decreasing BTW)

If only someone could dream up a workable script/program to do the same for AOW:SM I would be very happy.

Feel free to post your remarks regarding the above.

Bjørn - from Denmark

BTW: Thanks for the 1.4 UP. Looking good. Im looking forward for more and more maps. May Age of Wonders live 4ever!

AuthorReplies:
Timelord
HG Cherub
posted 01-20-06 06:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
If all WL games were played in an online gamezone, that would make sense. But this is a PBEM Wizard's Ladder...some of the games have no turn logs too! Personally, I find this WL to be easy enough to work with - register the game at the start, post who is the winner once it ends. The Moderator has a script that will update the rankings and allot points based on the inputs (player names and type of game).
Even for online AOW games, since they are all played p-to-p, its difficult to have a centralized script that will do such an automated task as you propose.

hiranu
posted 01-20-06 11:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I'd be more than happy to have an automatic database, but asside from the problems metioned above, the kind of time and effort it would take is enormous for a limited number of games that turn over relatively slowly. There are ladders out there on other havens where the totals are calculated automatically when users enter games, but with the support we have for many player (free for all) games the effort to set it up would exceed the effort of doing it all by hand for several years.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames