posted 06-16-16 11:53 AM EDT (US)
I've been wondering, does anyone know how to import/export a batch of images with ILEd?
If that's not possible with ILEd, is there an ILB editor out there which can perform this function?
I know AoWSM isn't really supported very much anymore and almost everyone has since moved on but any help would be greatly appreciated regardless.
posted 12-09-16 09:11 AM
2 / 5
Sorry for the late reply, thanks so much for the help! I've been trying to find out how to do this for years but never could.
I have been in the process of making a mod since quite a while back (2004?), drifted on and off it over the years and imported it into MPE 2.0. Within the past year I stopped making it because I came across a couple of critical issues which I couldn't fix.
The mod was going to feature:
- A new Lizardmen race with new city graphics (the graphics have actually already been done! They replace Draconians)
- A new Jötunn race with new city graphics (replacing Frostlings. A Frostling unit however would have remained)
- A new Immortal race based on the race of said name from BNW. I also already made new city graphics for this (except Pure Good instead of Neutral. Replaces Syrons)
- A new Demon race with new city graphics (Pure Evil, replaces Shadow Demons)
- A new race replacing the Nomads, either an insectoid one (like the Shadow Demons), or a fully mechanical race. Nomads would've been merged in with Humans
- Double the number of original heroes, each with their own stories and models. Some of them are completely wild, such as Troll, Yeti or even Dragon heroes!
- Morphable units on gold as BNW and Strange Lands
- New projectile attack and hit sounds for all elemental missile attacks
- Loads of new sounds for many units
- Fixed unit bodies so they all play sounds correctly, including movement!
- A red-coloured Doom Gaze
- All spell spheres have 4 summoning spells which can summon alternate units
- If possible spells tend to require more of their respective spheres so cosmos mages don't get access to the best spells anymore (such as T4 summoning and mastery spells)
- Towns and Cities become harder to get to (require more Population)
- Undead and many certain other units are all Summoned and use Mana to upkeep instead of Gold. I would also try to remove that annoying blue sparkly effect which makes summoned units look like they're enchanted
- A change in keyword ability granted for the Orcs (Life Stealing is problematic for balancing). No idea if it would've been possible or what keyword is would've been switched to
- Fixed Campaign maps so they support the mod as much as possible
- Full compatibility with unofficial patches version 1.4 and eventually maybe even 1.5
- All wizards come with magical projectile attacks so that the AI can use them
- All buildings which previously gave nothing now give a little bit of production/resources etc so the AI will now build them
- All map objects have new defenders and will change their looks based on what terrain they're on
- New wizards, each with their own story
- New items
- Re-balanced most things, the biggest of note being the aforementioned spells, monks/priests becoming more fragile, T1 units, Spirit rewards and most units with high resistance receive Shadow Walker, including all Undead and Archons. However, it will still have similar balancing to MPE
- All units are a tier higher than normal and cost 3 less gold to upkeep. This was done so that certain units could cost 3 Gold to upkeep (such as Goblins) and so that these units could grant experience upon being killed and level up/morph (which Level 0 units could not do)
- There's probably something else I forgot!
Maybe I'll come back to it one day if I get the time / can overcome the issues.