Bottom
Topic Subject: Still...Inspired
posted 12-02-15 04:22 AM EDT (US)   
Man its been awhile.
Life can be...life.
Here's the latest on progress:

Replies:
posted 12-09-15 07:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
I added a skylight, rigged the model and some tweaking.
Next step will be to import the base image into the game to make sure it looks OK.
Adjusting cameras as needed and other tweaks are expected.

Prepping images/ removing background color/ added a stroke around it to add definition.

[This message has been edited by Steve_I (edited 12-10-2015 @ 03:24 AM).]

posted 12-10-15 05:23 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
Nice model.
How do you call this creature?
posted 12-11-15 06:13 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
This is derived from a bottom level Devil in D&D http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Larva.

I'd like to make a Devil and Angel playable races. Plus a ton of other units.

[This message has been edited by Steve_I (edited 12-11-2015 @ 06:15 AM).]

posted 12-12-15 10:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
Nice to see someone still likes the game.
So far only my little boy plays it but would be nice to play it again with some old friends in PBME mode.

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
posted 12-12-15 02:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
Oh by the way, thanks > nvc_for_the_soul <. I hope this is but the first of many.

> The Groll < , yes sir. I mainly play this with my bro by e-mail. Predominantly, I create quest driven maps...been working on a custom campaign(ish) series of maps where I create the following map with the information from the previous...including rules for shifts in alignment where a player could essentially end the series playing the total opposite aligned race with the knowledge from previously learned magic and abilities for the hero.

Ideally, the notion of being able to create custom playable races and heroes could add even greater depth to this game engine.
posted 12-17-15 12:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
Honestly, I have no idea how to bring this into the game...I've downloaded modding tools, did google searches...

I could use a hand or guidance from someone that's done this before...

I just found this http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=29,3234,30,all by adjusting my inquiring on Google...of course,PNG's are not usable...

I tried importing a single image, predominantly to see how it looks and what improvements could be made before I create the animations...No luck.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T-XsGVTh8_s/VnQEiAjRRsI/AAAAAAAABTY/RwGv5YTlQiE/s1600/TEST001.jpg

Looking at the Shadow Larvae through the ILEd, I see the index number reaches 600 and of course the code numbers for each angle per move...I'll experiment more with this later...

[This message has been edited by Steve_I (edited 12-18-2015 @ 07:29 AM).]

posted 12-20-15 05:39 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Nope...dead in the water.
I wish there was a guide for modding this game...
posted 12-20-15 08:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
Hi, what 3D and 2D software are you using? I'm happy to help you learn to get it into game.

bmp is the best format for a start.

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team

[This message has been edited by Achilles reborn (edited 12-20-2015 @ 08:56 PM).]

posted 12-21-15 06:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
Aw Achilles...thank God.

I am using 3Ds Max and Photoshop....

Thank you in advance!

-Steve-
posted 12-23-15 12:19 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
OK, well 3dsmax is great because it's what I use and it's save function auto names the individual image files as it renders, thanks to that you can batch import into ILED. I can send you my camera/lighting rig file for import, which version are you using?

Photoshop I don't use, I prefer the batch function on PSP. When we get to the pallet/image reduction phase we'll have to muddle through.

over Christmas I'll create a similar unit to your bug and write a tutorial from render to game. I assume you're OK with animating in 3dsmax?

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team

[This message has been edited by Achilles reborn (edited 12-23-2015 @ 12:27 PM).]

posted 12-23-15 05:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
Achilles,

That's good news, the version of Max is 2012.
I am comfortable with animating in Max.

Thank you again.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Mod Making » Still...Inspired
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames