You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Replaying AOW SM after a long time - question to Julia1 / Julia2 campaign
posted 04-28-15 07:17 AM EDT (US)   
Hello,

I returned once again to the campaign of AOW SM. I played Julia 1, and the hero Oakleaf joined. After winning Julia1 I started Julia2 (Mount Abydor).

As I remember, Oakleaf should carry over and be here - but he isn't? I have to start without money, a Wizards Tower or a hero? Or did I remember wrong?

Can somebody here remember, if Oakleaf should be in Julia2? As far as I remember I can find another hero later on in Mount Abydor (a dwarf). I hurts anyway, since Oakleaf has several items on him...

Thanks
M.
Replies:
posted 04-28-15 09:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
yep oakleaf should transfer to j2 and j3

"Cain to command. Full barrage, danger close, immediate effect. Don't argue, just do it!"
posted 04-28-15 01:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Hmm - seems to be a problem here - meanwhile I played Julia2, had no Oakleaf, but received Bormac. After starting Julia 3 again I started without any heroes. Neither Bormac nor Oakleaf. This is just not funny this way...

What could be the reason?

Edit: I think I found a possible reason:

I reinstalled the game, no problem, since I have all the patches stored and the game on CD.
Next I deleted my Campaign saves. This may have been the reason. I naively thought, when you had all the saves from the campaign (as I had since I played it in full) you are free to 'replay' every scenario. You are, but there is something fishy!

I could go into the campaign map, and had all the locations of the entire campaign available. When I select a location (scenario), the it says 'replay' instead of 'play' on the button. When I selected Julia 1 (Elven 1), for example, I started the scenario normally, but with a Julia who had all the spells! And Oakleaf also was Level 7 already, and had items! So obviously the campaign characters (which should carry over to the next map) are in the version of the finished campaign, and not the start versions as they should be.

Somehow, in the campaign the characters are stored somewhere, or somehow taken out of other saves, I do not know. But this seems to be the reason - but I will now replay Julia1 again, and we will see...

M.

[This message has been edited by Marilith77 (edited 04-28-2015 @ 03:01 PM).]

posted 04-28-15 10:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
ah. yes that happens if you hit ctrl+shift+q too, i think.

"Cain to command. Full barrage, danger close, immediate effect. Don't argue, just do it!"
posted 04-30-15 08:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Yes this was the reason:

It could be possible to replay single maps in the campaign if you have saves from every step.

But if one wants to replay the entire campaign, it is better to restart completely with fresh saves.

M.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » Replaying AOW SM after a long time - question to Julia1 / Julia2 campaign
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames