AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How to install maps ?
posted 10-17-14 07:36 AM EDT (US)   
Hi
I hope that someone will be kind and tell me how to install maps and the like in AoWSM, - or show me a link to a guide or a thread that describes this ?
I have searched the forum but without any luck
Replies:
posted 10-18-14 02:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
The maps on this site are stored as .zip files. All versions of Windoze since XP include built-in unzip support, simply click on the downloaded file to open it as a pseudo-directory, and copy the included file from there to your AoWSM ...\Scenarios\Custom path; you may make subfolders there if you wish.

For most people who installed using the game's default, it's
C:\Program Files\Age of Wonders Shadow Magic\Scenario\Custom\

The link you are looking for

(I had to look up the default path myself, because that's not where mine is )

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum
posted 10-18-14 06:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Thank you – it works fine

My 3 boys and I loved to play “Heroes of M&M3” via hotseat back in the 00’s, but growing pc-compatibility issues, different day-schedules, and the unattainable need of all being online at the same time for playing the game, finally killed the HM&M3 adventure in the end. We were sorry of this, and searched unsuccessfully for a solution for many years - until we stumbled across AoW-SM for a couple of weeks ago.
This is the pure gold nostalgic for us - the same good old graphics and soundtrack style - added a shot of Civilization, just wonderful!
The Play by email system is just what we needed – and Davespice’s fabulous Email Wrapper makes it all perfect and very easy to handle – thanks to him too for his work
It really is a mystery to me that I have overlooked Shadow Magic in all these years!

If you have any good links to maps, guides or other nice stuff I'll be happy to see them
posted 10-19-14 00:59 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
If you have any good links to maps, guides or other nice stuff I'll be happy to see them
Well seeing as you've already found the biggest and best...

Seriously though, AoW2/SM is a fairly old - I mean mature game - and what few sites other then this one that had any maps or guides are mostly outdated or gone entirely. Our downloads section is fairly robust though, and you'll find plenty of advice from long time fans in the forums here although I admit it can be pain searching for it. There's just so much to look through, but don't be afraid to ask; there are no "dumb newbie" questions (no not even the infamous "boat question").

Oh yeah, and Welcome to the Community!!
posted 10-19-14 04:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Thanks

- and, How dare I ever include the word Boat in any future questions after this....
posted 11-10-14 05:42 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Welcome Joygun
Nice to see a new face on this old webside.
My 3 boys and I loved to play “Heroes of M&M3” via hotseat back in the 00’s, but growing pc-compatibility issues, different day-schedules, and the unattainable need of all being online at the same time for playing the game, finally killed the HM&M3 adventure in the end. We were sorry of this, and searched unsuccessfully for a solution for many years - until we stumbled across AoW-SM for a couple of weeks ago.
This is the pure gold nostalgic for us - the same good old graphics and soundtrack style - added a shot of Civilization, just wonderful!
Indeed... There are still some people like you and your 3 boys who see the true quality. How wonderful!
AoW2 is a wonderful gem that still shine and if you have installed Shadow Magic too and then upatch 1.3 you and your boys will have fun with many many very good maps - much better than the original ones.

The maps in the download area...
http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/
... Are rated, so it´s easy to fond good maps there for any kind of AoW2 Gameplay.
Feel free to ask any question in this forum. there are still some people left.

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. David´s Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marlene´s_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » How to install maps ?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames