You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: City Siege Question from a N00b.
posted 09-15-14 10:34 AM EDT (US)   
I'm playing Shadow Magic with 1.4 installed (no other mods at the moment).

I was playing a random map as Halflings and was on the attack an Orc city. I had three stacks and the AI had 3-4 stacks as well. I attacked the city with all 3 of my stacks simultaneously.

It was not an easy battle for me since I haven't figured out how to build any unit more fancy than a rogue or priest yet but I won the battle - even killed the Orc leader with a couple of Halfling rogues and a well-timed magic fist.

After the battle I expected the city to flip to my control... but it didn't! Instead there were still a couple of enemy stacks in the city, despite the fact that I could have sworn that they were just destroyed in the last battle.

Oh well, I thought. Let's go again - after all I've killed their leader already. I knew that leaders could respawn but he was already back and had plenty of casting points to swat my poor halflings away.

Why wasn't that my city after the first battle? How did the Orc leader come back so fast? Was there anything I could have done differently or did I just not have enough firepower to take his capital?

Thanks!
Replies:
posted 09-19-14 12:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
I think it went like this : you did not attack the centre of the city, but one of the stacks surrounding it.In a battle all units around the attacked hex are involved.
3 of yours and 3 of his, one of his stacks was left out.
So after the battle the city was not yours because your army did not enter the centre.
In the second battle (on the now empty centre) the last stack came to the defense.
In the first battle you killed a Hero not the Wizard.
In the last defending stack there was another Hero, the enemy wizard used his domain to cast spells in combat,sitting somewhere else in his tower.
Wizards stand with their feet on the ground, hero's are mounted ( except Draconian hero's and one Syron hero )
I hope that this solved the problem, otherwise we have a puzzle to solve.
Have fun.
posted 04-22-15 01:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Hi guys. I just bought AoW Trilogy last week. I had played AoW2 and AoW:SM in long ago. I always played cheat because I didn't understand this game. Now, I am playing without cheat. I like to ask you few questions?

*link redacted*

[This message has been edited by ChowGuy (edited 04-23-2015 @ 08:07 AM).]

posted 04-23-15 08:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Questions are fine. Spam/promotional links are not.

On the odd cgance your're not just a bott, I'm not autobamming you. Yet.

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum
posted 04-23-15 08:58 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
So after the battle the city was not yours because your army did not enter the centre.
In the second battle (on the now empty centre) the last stack came to the defense.

[This message has been edited by sarahmike (edited 04-23-2015 @ 08:58 AM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » City Siege Question from a N00b.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames