You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Can someone help with the 'Master of Chaos' scenario?
posted 01-20-14 05:23 PM EDT (US)   
I am currently playing the scenario 'Master of Chaos' get it here which is an xl map made by a group of mapmakers read about it here through email correspondence. The map has 8 wizards; but you can only play as three of those wizards...you are given the choice to play as halflings (Edmund)...dark elves (Matron Baenre)...or syrons (Llorg the Wise).

I tried this map once or twice right after it was released; but I gave up because Edmund has such a rough starting position that I quickly lost my patience. I never tried the other two playable wizards.

Fast forward five years...

I decided to give this map another try. I am again using the default start which is with Edmund of the halflings. Also, this time I am using the latest patch for MP Evolution.

Currently, I am on day 166...Llorg the Wise was vanquished on day 94 by Lord Dread...I vanquished Srr' Akk on day 134 and Varg on day 153.

Here is my problem...

I have one of my parties stuck in an isolated area of the shadow level in either the far southwest of section C5 or the far southeast of section B5 (see the thread I linked to at the top of this post for a map of the sections). I have been stuck there for so many days that I forgot how we got there to begin with. There does not seem to be any obvious way out of this isolated area. The left side seems to be just a circular pathway and if you try to go to the right side then you just keep getting teleported immediately back to the center of that same isolated area.

Here is my question...

Is there a way out of this area; or should I just disband my party to save paying all that gold every day for upkeep?

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by flyguy (edited 01-20-2014 @ 05:31 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-20-14 06:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Believe it or not, I just did find a way to get over to the right side of the isolated area on day 167! I can now continue to search for a way out of there!

Gee whiz, it figures...right after I just made this post!

I will let you know what happens!

Also, I might need some more help later; so maybe this post won't be a total waste.

Cheers!
posted 01-21-14 01:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Well, it is day 171 and I just vanquished Lucretia!

Sadly, though, I am still hopelessly trapped in this isolated area of the shadow level.

The only thing I found on the right half was two treemen that joined my side for a fee. I covered every hex on the right side of the area and the only way out leads back to where I started...right in the center of this isolated area.

I guess I will wander around the left half one more time to make sure that I covered every hex; and if I can't get out of there then I will be forced to disband my entire party.

Thankfully, none of my heroes are trapped there.

Does this sound familiar to anybody else?
posted 01-21-14 05:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Well, it is day 177 and I just found out how we got trapped in this area to begin with as I now have gotten a second party trapped down here!

The area directly above this 'shadow-level-prison' on the surface level is booby-trapped. A hex just a little bit south of the 'magic bridge' will teleport the unlucky party straight to the prison!

Also, there does not seem to be any way to get back out once you become trapped there. Again, I am thankful that no heroes have been caught in this trap.

Since I can afford it, I will just set the trapped parties to guard for now in case I discover a way to free them at some later point in the game.

Lord Dread no longer has a magnificent rating and is poised to be sent into the void on the next day.

Cheers!
posted 01-26-14 02:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
For what it's worth, I vanquished Matron Baenre on day 196. I vanquished Lord Dread on day 197. And I vanquished Mannzakk on day 198.

I never did get either of my parties out of the shadow level prison. Some note inside of the prison would have been a nice gesture from the mapmakers telling if there was any hope of freeing your people.

This map had a difficult start; but it was worth playing. I wish there were more like it.

A belated thank you to all the mapmakers who participated in the project!

Cheers!
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » Can someone help with the 'Master of Chaos' scenario?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames