Please login or register

AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Battle on the Mount of the War God - MP Evolution Question
posted 01-12-13 11:28 AM EDT (US)   
1. When you kill an enemy wizard, do you need to win the battle to remove that player? I killed a Dark Elf Wizard and she went floating up off the screen but I lost the battle, and her side was still in the game afterwards.

2. Just remembered a second question to ask. What are the characteristics of the different AI difficulty levels, and which one is recommended for a fairly new player? Does a bigger map size make the same AI difficulty level effectively harder? For example, is it best to play the map mentioned in the topic with CPU Squire for all computer players since it is an XL map?

[This message has been edited by Steven Aus (edited 01-12-2013 @ 11:55 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-13-13 08:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
1. The wizard is only eliminated for good when he possesses no wizard tower. Even if you can kill the wizard in the battle, if he still has a tower somewhere, you're not yet victorious. The same applies to your wizard. As long as you have a wizard tower, your wizard still lives.

2. The different difficulty levels provide different (income resources) support to AI. Map size does not have any weight on difficulty level, from my knowledge. Large map with all CPU Squire is the same as small map with CPU Squire.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 01-14-13 05:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Thanks for your reply! With regards to Q2, I meant, is an XL map with all CPU Squires harder than a smaller map with all CPU Squires?

Also, just how do you use those dang Teleportation Towers? I take it you need one at each end, but how do you send a unit or hero (I presume these are still considered units) through it to the other side?

[This message has been edited by Steven Aus (edited 01-14-2013 @ 05:14 AM).]

posted 01-18-13 08:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
The difficulty level is the same regardless the map size. The only difficulty you will encounter in bigger maps is that it will longer to finish

About teleportation gate, you can go from there to any cities that have a wizard tower. The destination city does not need to have a gate for you to go to. But if you want to go back, you will need a gate.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 10-23-13 08:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Difficulty also gives AI greater starting units and resources (depending on the map) so in smaller maps you might meet a high level enemy unit/army sooner. Map Size, number of opponents and distance to opponents could make holding mines and mana nodes harder. Huge maps could lighten your defender load, or tempt you to split groups. I believe King is where you'll start with the same resources in Randomly Generated Maps.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » Battle on the Mount of the War God - MP Evolution Question
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames