Please login or register

AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Manual battle in Mutiplayer
posted 11-19-12 04:53 PM EDT (US)   
I've noticed that most people use quickbattle , but i sometimes feel that i could handle better a tough situation that's why i choose to manually battle. However, when i play ,mitplater with my friends, they can see my battle, my moves, my units everything..is there a way to change this? Because i feel that it gives away too much info :/
Replies:
posted 11-19-12 08:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
No, it's impossible to hide tactical combat from another players.

Author of the post is not responsible for any side effects of reading it, including mental trauma, blown up brains, hurt feelings, law violation, sudden death or understanding what the hell author meant.
---------------
Twitter
MP Evolution 2.0 | Lab break 1.0
posted 11-20-12 04:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Doesn't this ruin part of the gameplay? It lets the other player know what army i have and what type of spells i'm using..
posted 11-20-12 05:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
...And how you fight.
Of course this gives away information about you, your army power, the places where your armies are, your fighting practice and your spells.
Yes all this is terrible and no spy could bring you better informations but as HellBrick said its impossible to change and how should it be changed?
Imagine: You do a big battle and it takes maybe five minutes or even more.
What shall another player do in between?
Maybe he only needs 20 seconds to do all in his turn. Then he must wait with a hour glass or something else. He maybe think the game stalled or is shut down.
So it is difficult to explain him what you do.

But I have another question about a true game bug.
Sometimes one player initiates a battle and is in tactical combat. He (of course) and and the other players watch his battle but sometimes and somehow the other players who watch the battle still see the tactical battle screen even when the battle is over.
This is a bug. The player who started and played the battle is back on the world map but the other players are still in the tactical screens. There is no other way as talking via ingame chat and tell that the game is buggy.
The players need to save and restart the game.
Is there a way to remove this bug?

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
posted 11-20-12 07:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Well in HOMM 3 all we do is wait and it's not all that bad
posted 11-20-12 10:24 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
But I have another question about a true game bug.
Sometimes one player initiates a battle and is in tactical combat. He (of course) and and the other players watch his battle but sometimes and somehow the other players who watch the battle still see the tactical battle screen even when the battle is over.
This is a bug. The player who started and played the battle is back on the world map but the other players are still in the tactical screens. There is no other way as talking via ingame chat and tell that the game is buggy.
The players need to save and restart the game.
Is there a way to remove this bug?
That's something network-related, so it lies far beyond our possibilities =(

Author of the post is not responsible for any side effects of reading it, including mental trauma, blown up brains, hurt feelings, law violation, sudden death or understanding what the hell author meant.
---------------
Twitter
MP Evolution 2.0 | Lab break 1.0
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » Manual battle in Mutiplayer
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames