Please login or register

AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Units Desert too often
posted 11-19-12 03:10 AM EDT (US)   
So I recruited a hero with an incompatible alignment, he left in a few turns. Fair enough.

Then units started to desert because they no longer shared the same goals or something... ?!

Now, within a few turns, units I won as a reward deserted after a few turns due to the 'same goals' reason.

How can I stop these units deserting?, do they need to be in constnat battle or something...

I was enjoying the game alot before my heros started deserting and having poor morale simply due to their petty alignment differences.
Replies:
posted 11-19-12 03:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Units have bad morale and can desert due to the following reasons:

• Unit's alignment is different at least by 2 degrees from your alignment. Note that your wizard's alignment represents the alignment of the majority of your cities, so it can change when you capture and migrate cities.
  • There are units in the same party with alignments different by at least 2 degrees (good & evil, pure good & neutral etc.)
  • You don't have enough gold to support your units.
  • Terrain influences morale too - some races have friendly terrain which increases morale and hostile terrain which decreases it.
  • Your relations with the unit's race - for example being an Anarchist has negative effect on morale.

You can "pacify" units with bad morale by keeping them in a party where the majority of units have good morale. Units with the Bard's Skills ability increase morale of all units in the party (except self).

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
    Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 11-19-2012 @ 03:52 AM).]

• posted 11-19-12 04:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
    ^Thankyou
    posted 12-12-12 05:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
    If I recall 2 bardskillers in party solves every racial problem.

AoW:SM and WoW gamer

Maker of MP Mod 1.8
    posted 12-12-12 09:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
    yes, so if you are an evil wizard you can have whole stacks of sherrifs running around. It doesn't make much sense, but hey.
    posted 12-12-12 08:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
    Two bardskillers is hardly enough if the group is all melees and the unit that has bad morale is a flier. I once had to employ 3 chieftains to sing songs to a Gold dragon because I have death magic wizard and evil aligned.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » Units Desert too often
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames