Please login or register

AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AI Wizard Suicide
posted 09-22-12 05:18 PM EDT (US)   
So I was playing a generated map on unofficial 1.4 mod; anyway invaded a frostling wizards lands and proceeded until I found her main city. During an epic battle with 3 stacks or so each I was getting hammered, and was clearly going to loose. That was until the opposing wizard marched right out from behind her fortified walls with ballistas galore-right into 2 of my veteran paladins.. SO I won the battle. Kinda shook my faith in the game a little more.

Anyone else seen this ridiculous type of behavior by the AI? Any mods or patches that mite address this?
Replies:
posted 09-22-12 08:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Yes, the AI could have been programed a little better...we all hope it will be some day.

All melee units will run out of the walls once the walls are breached.

The AI wizard will always run out to melee after both all spellcasting is gone and all ranged defenders are dead.

I think you could try one of the custom scenarios for more of a challenge than a random generated map.

Some of the most popular ones are Drums of Death, Return of the Lizards, Marlene's Laughter, and Athendore II.

If the AI still had ballistas alive, the wizard could possibly have been effected by panicked or confused status.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by flyguy (edited 09-22-2012 @ 08:36 PM).]

posted 09-25-12 01:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Not in the combat map, but I did see Phobius abandon his last remaining tower (which I was going to build up a bigger siege force before taking on) with much of his army (which was spread out along the road) which allowed me to assassinate him with my faster-moving troops while my slower units mopped up the city.

Probably just sped it up a few turns, though, and the AI might have been assuming I wouldn't be able to do that to it - I think I used the airship pickup then dropoff trick to get to him.
posted 09-28-12 10:27 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
I once made a map for single play, the first six Wizards in the row kept the world alive, the last two were playable.
One as adventurer,one as Prison-break puzzle.The adventurer starts in a boat.The other one in an UG prison.In a game were I played the last one I wondered what the other one was doing, I found him on his starting position in the boat.Had not done anything in more then 40 days.To get him moving I casted Waterwalking on him, and destroyed the boat.
First thing he did in his turn was removing the enchantment (of an enemy wizard) with Dispel magic.He drowned,end of story.
posted 09-28-12 04:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
LOL!
posted 11-14-12 11:26 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
I know this comes sort of late, but that's absolutely hilarious!
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » AI Wizard Suicide
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames