Please login or register

AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MP Evolution's problem with abilities
posted 09-14-12 10:24 PM EDT (US)   
First of all, I'm new to modding so forgive me if I ask some stupid questions.

Here is the steps of my problem:

1_Install AoW SM.
2_Update to the latest patch.

-Trying to find a mod that can improve the game with many changes and new units.

-> 3_Install Brave New World mod and update to the latest.

-Really like it but some units just are a little bit off the race. Especially Dark Elf, this race's units in this mod are horrible compare to the old ones.
-Trying to find a way to add the old units to this one.

-> 4_Install MP Evolution 1.5 Patch.

This patch is awesome because It comes with the Developer Editor that allows me to make changes directly to the games: edit units, add units to a specific building in a town, change stats,.....

-> 5_Move BNW mod to MP Evolution's resource directory and start editing with MPE editor.

Finally I add Spider Queen to the Dark Elf race (which is a neutral unit in BNW mod), some to other races...

-> 6_Play the game using MPE custom resource.

Then the problem occurs.

After playing for a while, I realize almost buff abilities don't work: Stone Skin, Bless, Dark Gift, Cloak of Air, Fury, Enchant Weapon,..... The stats won't increase even if the units are buffed with those spells.

------------------------

So can someone guide me how to fix this?

[This message has been edited by HolyAngels (edited 09-14-2012 @ 10:26 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-15-12 00:47 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Check if these spells actually have stat bonuses (and give them some if they don't). This might be a result of resource format differences between SM and MPE.

Author of the post is not responsible for any side effects of reading it, including mental trauma, blown up brains, hurt feelings, law violation, sudden death or understanding what the hell author meant.
---------------
Twitter
MP Evolution 2.0 | Lab break 1.0

[This message has been edited by HellBrick (edited 09-15-2012 @ 00:48 AM).]

posted 09-15-12 11:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Where can I change those ?

posted 09-15-12 09:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Sorry, I meant "abilities", not "spells" =) Corresponding abilities have all the settings you need.

Author of the post is not responsible for any side effects of reading it, including mental trauma, blown up brains, hurt feelings, law violation, sudden death or understanding what the hell author meant.
---------------
Twitter
MP Evolution 2.0 | Lab break 1.0
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » MP Evolution's problem with abilities
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames