AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Black Breath And Divine Breath Fire FX removal { HELP }
posted 05-22-21 12:50 PM EDT (US)   
Hi All,

As title said, I ever didn't like the fact that some Breath effects got mixed with fire, I remember in The Wizard Throne, Divine Breath don't exist, but Black Breath was fully black without fire, I also tried to copy it from Wizard Throne to Shadow Magic, but unfortunately dont works, also tried to edit manually myself the .fx file with the Windows NotePad, like I've done in order to make the awesome Gas Breath FX, and it works fine!

Once I open the Black Breath.fx with notepad, the result says:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7;<=>"J#N$ * % . & 2 , 6 - 7 0 8 3 < 4 @

Fire_Breath   >|

2 d  K 

2 d  2 

#$%)-15 ! SFX\Misc\FireStrt.WAV 2 d  2 ? ! d  
7 ;?@ABM!l"p#t$%&,-034

L A C @ 
Breath BitImages\Effects\Main\P_Fire.ILB    

2 d  2 ? !  d  
7 ;
?CDEFL l!p"t#x$|%&,-034

L C @ N BurstImages\Effects\Main\P_Death.ILB    ? !  2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But even replacing here Breath BitImages\Effects\Main\P_Fire.ILB the world fire with death, it dont works, instead, it will use inexplicably the Gas Breath fx once a unit use black breath in game...

Same things with divine breath, but this one is a minor issue since fire and divine effects are very similar, but i can't get the fully BLACK breath at all...

I also read here that the black breath ability fx is Hardcoded in the exe to use both fire and death fx... so, @ Pawels, if you could help me in to solving this problem, I will be very Happy!!!

Greetings and thanks in advance to every one!

A

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
Replies:
posted 05-22-21 04:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
To edit an effect it's easier to use STL editor under dos box - there you can alter many parameters.

STL editor

Also please join the discord - there are more people there:

discord
posted 05-23-21 06:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
Thanks Triadasoul_7, but the Mega link says Empty folder, and dont allow me to download anythings... could you update the link please?!

Also the Discord invite is expired...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!

[This message has been edited by AFFA the Cleric (edited 05-23-2021 @ 06:26 AM).]

posted 05-24-21 03:02 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
posted 05-24-21 10:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
Sorry Triadsoul_7, but unfortunately the STL Editor is not compatible with my Windows version, do you have it for another version?!

I have x86 system and maybe it is required an x64 version, hope you could still help me!

Thanks once again for your patience and sorry for the bother!

MY GAME VERSION:

posted 05-27-21 04:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
You need to use dosbox to run STL.

I use D-Fend GUI with DOSBox to run it.
posted 05-27-21 09:56 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
Can you do a really deep step by step tutorian on how to uses all these tool toghether please?!?

MY GAME VERSION:

posted 05-29-21 02:45 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
It's pretty tiresome for me to write the instruction. Let's do what - install dosbox, install d-fend, make a profile for STL run in d-fend where you write as HDD path STL dir - then come to discord and I'll answer you questions with screenshots.
posted 05-30-21 05:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
Please, send me again the Discord invite, it doesnt'allow me to accept the invite... also tried but using dosbox and dfend is so complicate without a guide....

MY GAME VERSION:

posted 05-31-21 00:27 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting » Black Breath And Divine Breath Fire FX removal { HELP }
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames