Please login or register

AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: End Turn does not work properly
posted 11-27-14 02:26 AM EDT (US)   
When I click the End Turn button (or use the keyboard Cntr E) the turn does not end. I click it over and over, sometimes 20 or more times, before the turn finally ends (the AI goes through its turns and my new turn begins).

This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

Each time I click the button it makes a crunchy sound, but it does not always 'take.'

I am running AoWSM on Windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

Thank-you.
Replies:
posted 11-27-14 08:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Idont know... i would suggest reinstalling the game, sometimes works.
posted 11-28-14 00:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Thank-you Tullkas for your response.

I have reinstalled the disk version of the game 2 times, and have purchased and installed the Steam version.

The same problem occurs in all.

I did notice that one of my opponents moved 2 units during one of my frantic clickfests. So, apparently, some AI action is occurring. But there isn't the usual notification that each AI is now taking its turn. The little white squares under the AI names come and go seemingly randomly.

So I don't know if the AI turn is occurring as it should, or not. Given that it can take many minutes for the AI turn to finish, if it does, when the problem occurs (as opposed to 20 seconds or less when the end turn seems to work) I wonder if there is a problem with the AI doing its thing.

Does anyone have an idea about what is going on?

Any other players using Windows 8.1 (64 bit) OS?

This is a fun game, and I wish I could play it again.

Thanks for any suggestions.
posted 11-28-14 02:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
hey, there are a couple things you could do.

Have u tried another map? maybe you are playing a map with any kind of problem..
Have you tried to play simultaneous turn instead of turn by turn... maybe i will fix it.

good luck!
posted 11-28-14 08:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Thank-you Tullkas for your problem-solving suggestions!

Following up on one of them I discovered that in the screen where you set the faction to be human and the level of your opponents, in the upper right corner, is the Turns selector. It defaults to Simultaneous, but can be set to Classic. This returns End Turn to the way I remember, and fixes my problem.

(I am, however, curious to know how the Simultaneous turn actually works.)

Now all I want is a way to have the display be full screen without having to launch the game from Steam (using the Compatibility Mode), and I am a very happy camper.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting » End Turn does not work properly
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames