AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Help with Manual Combat Option greyed out in MP
posted 06-29-14 01:23 PM EDT (US)   
Hello all,
Hope this hasn't been asked a thousand times already, but my brother and I like to play the game over internet MP. We have the exact same file and version, using the Upatch 1.4. We can find and launch the game using Hamatchi (couldn't connect before that), but we want to see every battle played out manually, as long as there is one Human player in the battle. We make sure always tactical is enabled each time, but the option to manually resolve battles is always greyed out, leaving only auto and retreat.... is this a game design in the patch...? If so, how can I change it? If not, how can I fix this annoying bug?
Everywhere I look online, I see people complaining about how they want this gone from the game, but we always enjoyed watching each others battles and I detest autoresolve. If anyone can help up, we would appreciate it. We finally got it to work but not being in control for the majority of the fights is just dull and for us, game-breaking. We dont want autoresolve and I can't see anyone forcing it on people, especially when there is an option claiming to ensure that that does not happen....

P.S. I posted this in the AOW section as well, by mistake. Sorry for my error.
Replies:
posted 07-01-14 02:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
I'm not sure if I understood you right.

You can't select the tactical combat? Everytime? If you attack non-human players or independent forces and human players it is not possible to select if you want to fight automatically or manual?

What did you select at the option 'Allow Tactical Combat'?

If you select 'Between Humans', then it's clear. Only when all participants of the fight are human players, you can choose between the the automatic or the tactical combat.

If you want to choose from this options also against non-human forces, then you have to select 'Always'.

Hope it helps. If not, please give us some more information.

A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting » Help with Manual Combat Option greyed out in MP
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames