Please login or register

AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: data.bmf ?
posted 06-20-14 11:16 PM EDT (US)   
I recently uninstalled Dwiggs 5.0 mod. Later I noticed one of its files (or I though so) was still in game's folder so I deleted it. Yes, that was data.bmf file (I wonder what's it for). Now whenever I launch Shadow Magic, a prompt appears saying data.bmf file is not found. Clicking OK, lets the game start normally and playing it too, but that prompt is annoying. Maybe some good soul could send me this file for sake of ridding that error? I would be grateful. I don't want to reinstall Dwiggs or reinstall whole game again.
So, yeah, I accidentaly erased it.

Help people!

[This message has been edited by W4rb1rd (edited 06-21-2014 @ 03:24 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-21-14 03:23 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Could that file still be in the recycle bin? If so, then you could just get it from there!

Also, system restore might work to go back in time on your hard drive and get a copy that way!

As for me, my installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit always deletes all of my restore points every time I reboot!!!

It is not like I want all of my restore points to be deleted every time I boot-up my computer...that is not a result that I would ever want to happen...it is just what does happen every time I boot-up!!!

I hope that you all have a happy Summer!
posted 06-21-14 03:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Do you happen to have AoW: SM installed? If yes, then please look into its main folder and send me that file to: kuba.glowacki@windowslive.com . Thx.
posted 10-03-15 08:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
"Data.bmf" is that "ESRB notice:" nag screen. I understand the desire to do it in.
It's just a BMP file 640x480x4bit.
I replaced it with an entirely unrelated image exported into BMP (667x188x24bit) and renamed accordingly - this picture shows (obviously, in resolution less than this there still may be bugs) and everything works.
I run the game under wine, at 1920x1080, in case someone has different experience.

And even I make no pretence Of having more than common sence - R.W.Wood
The secret half a country keeps, the whisper in the lane... - R.Kipling
[UPatch 1.4 Team] * STLpack
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting » data.bmf ?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames