Please login or register

AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: No sound/music in AOW:SM 1.3 or 1.4 in Windows 7
posted 03-06-10 10:02 PM EDT (US)   
I am trying to figure out if anyone else looses sound and music when trying to play in Windows 7

I have tried all options within the AOW:SM setup, as well as trying to run with multiple compatibility modes from Win 98 all the way through vista and native Windows 7. Have also attempted to use Alchemy from Creative with no luck.

I have tried both my laptop sound card, as well as the external Creative USB 5.1 X-fi sound card I have. Both options work for everything else I have tried but not for AOW:SM.

I can manually play all the music and sounds outside of the game just by clicking on the individual file.

Game plays perfectly except for the sound.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Replies:
posted 09-04-18 06:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
I have the same Issue here, Ireally don't know why this suddennly happened, and still struggling for a solution...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
posted 02-11-19 02:57 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
I have same problem. I got no sound card, I use integrated soundprogram Realtek HD audio and other option is straight speaker settings. Reinstalled and updated both, but AoW: SM sounds donīt work. Have no issue with any other game or program sounds.

I use win 7 options without direct 3D in AoW: SM to make it work almost properly. Win 10 mode it wonīt start at all. Canīt find any other integrated program to deal with. I think Realtek was known before as Soundmax.

Oh this is for win 7, my problem is in win 10.

AoW:SM and WoW gamer

Maker of MP Mod 1.8

[This message has been edited by Munataros (edited 02-11-2019 @ 03:00 AM).]

posted 11-29-20 01:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Hi, still same problem, no sounds. Any version of Real-Tech Audio wonīt work. Any1 know another sound program to use win 10?

Any win version administration wonīt work nor direct sound on or off.

Also game intro does not work. Everything else in game run smoothly, just bit annoying to play without sounds.

Cheers,
Muna

AoW:SM and WoW gamer

Maker of MP Mod 1.8
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting » No sound/music in AOW:SM 1.3 or 1.4 in Windows 7
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames