You can check if your bug hasn't already been reported in this thread. Remember that it is VERY unlikely that we will release a v1.4.1, because everyone will have to get updated again. A future v1.5 will certainly address the issues in this thread.
V1.4 added soo much content that its almost a new game in that respect. Considering this, it is impossible to make a bugfree game and so we do expect to find little things.
Age of Wonders is not the most stable game, and crashes (with the editor and ingame) are 'normal', even under the official version. This thread will only collect bugs that result from v1.4 specifically.
- This is not a REQUEST list. It collects errors made in v1.4 and no suggestions of features for a v1.5.
- This thread is for bugs that occur with v1.4 specifically!
- We will not collect spelling errors or translation issues.
- We will only add serious bugs and annoyances, no minor issues like: I do not like the bat-sounds.
- We will only add well tested and reproducable bugs. No rumors. Try to keep a savegame of the bug.
- We will add Balance issues only a few weeks after release when several games have been played and people have indicated about a change negatively affecting gameplay (over- or underpowering a race/unit).
- Some bugs will be listed as intentional. That means that it was considered a reasonable price to pay for a new structure or feature.
If I keep forgetting to add your 'bug', please notify me by creating/bumping a friendly 'wake-up-swolte'-thread in this forum. ----------------------------------------------------- [This message has been edited by swolte (edited 01-24-2007 @ 08:38 PM).]
The new AoW1-like Quest Stone is used instead of the Shadow Magic one in RMG. You may actually like this, but it was not the 'intention'.
The war quest stone is not replaced, btw, so only the RMG is affected. No effect on gameplay unless you are scared of more blood.
This is a more serious bug, and although it can be regarded as a cool feature, I strongly recommend NOT using this tile, because a future v1.5 will remove it anyway.
Its the underlying terrain, Swamp and Beach, that do not allow hill-movement. In consequence, they block any movement!
Remove from Silver.
If you go to "Add/Remove Programs" in your Control Panel, you can see that the patch is listed here as "AoW..." instead of a proper name (like "Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic Unofficial Patch 1.4").
Sometimes the TC maps will not correspond very well with a worldmap representation. Unfortunately, the TC map allocation was hardcoded and we were not able (and legally willing) to change this code.
We hope in the future to have these better, but it is unknown how to do this now.
This structure will show up invisible (only the fx) in the underground. To be more precise, on Dirt. We knew this during development but decided to keep the structure because it work well above ground and in the underground when you paint grassland under it, for example.
Shadowland/water and lava will turn to water in the end. There was no workaround.
Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
----------------------------------------------------- [This message has been edited by swolte (edited 01-24-2007 @ 08:38 PM).]
[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 01-24-2007 @ 08:38 PM).]