You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: V1.2: BIGBUGTHREAD, gameplay bugs, exploits and annoyances (do not post here!)
posted 11-26-03 10:25 AM EDT (US)   
DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!
THIS THREAD IS COLLECTING ALL RELEVANT GAMEPLAY BUGS, EXPLOITS AND SERIOUS ANNOYANCES PRESENT IN SHADOW MAGIC. PLEASE MAKE A DESCRIPTIVE THREAD ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM (NO MATTER HOW INSIGNIFICANT IT MIGHT SEEM TO YOU!!) AND POST IT IN THE FORUM. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

You can check if your bug hasn't already been reported in this thread. In the beginning it will take a lot of my time collecting the bugs. Please report them in the following format. I'll get to it, asap:

Short description (name).

Rules:
- I will not collect spelling errors or campaign/tutorial inconsistancies (vacant).
- I will only add realisic requests for a patch. Asking for new units or new abilities is not feasable, for example.
- I will only add serious bugs, annoyances and exploits, no minor issues like: I do not like the bat-sounds.
- I will only add well tested and reproducable bugs. No rumors.
- I will not add exploits explicitely that are too gamewrecking/cheating (instead mail them to devs).
- Try to keep a savegame of the bug, the devs may drop by and ask for it.

If I keep forgetting to add your 'bug', please notify me by creating/bumping a friendly 'wake-up-swolte'-thread in this forum or the Bigbuglist comment thread nextdoor..

-----------------------------------------------------
BUGS

1. Saint and resurrect
Resurrect ability doesnt work anymore (Seeds).

2. Random heroes on shadow level
Doesn't work (King David).

3. Druid circles remain empty
When placing a druid circle on a map with these flags : guards : strong "inhabitants" : high it is empty. Have a save if needed. (Arsiel)

4. Attacking Gates
if the dot on the gate/wall is the first red dot in your movement path, you get 2 attacks, first yellow = 3 attacks (whereas with non-gate targets you would only get 1 or 2 attacks respectively) (Lucretia).

5. 'Fury-willpower' and surrender
Units surrender (Frall).

AI & EXPLOITS

1. Crashing empty citywalls (FC)
I had a hero and an Avenger attacking a walled goblin city defended by two Butchers.
On round 1, the Butchers attacked my avenger (melee); my hero cast a spell and my Avenger shoots a few holy bolts.
On round 2, the Butchers again attack my Avenger, but this time my hero (being out of casting points) *attacks the gate*.
On round 3, the same thing happens, except that the Avenger finally dies, and the gate is finally broken.
On round 4, the remaining Butcher attacks my hero, and the Butcher is slain.
OK, so the Avenger is outside of the wall and is being attacked via melee by the Butchers. Shouldn't the Hero be attacking the Butchers (who must also be outside of the wall) instead of crashing the gate of a now empty city?
I undestand that since the defenders had no missile defense, they automatically sally forth and abandon the walls. But if that is the case, then the attackers should not be targetting gates, but instead the enemy units that are all outsode of the gate. (Dafyth)

2. Retreating engineer from Zephyr
"Lone unit with 1 shot per round ranged attack that was attacked in meele and so has not enough mp to use it and can't attack in melee retreats. So dwarven engineer will reteat if he attacks flyer alone. Battle will be:
-Flyer has first move. He attacks engineer twice.
-Engineer then has yellow movement points, can't fire pistol so he retreats." (Evil Roc).

3. Hide in tree with Flyer
Like the title says you can still hide with your flyer in trees while in tc and archers will not shoot at it... (Arsiel).

UNBALANCES & ANNOYANCES

1. Lvl 4 units without Champions Guild
"If you can make level 4 units in a city, and the sanctuary, champions guild or masters guild is destroyed by a lightning storm or city quake, you shouldn’t be able to still produce level 4 units. But if you had several of the units in your production queue, they will still be produced. When you select loop queue the units can be produced forever." (Frall)

2. Missing animation for Dragon Hatching
"I'm not sure if this constitutes a 'bug' or not, but there is no animation for the dragon hatchling if it dies while facing north. Checked inside the ILB and sure enough it's nowhere to be found. People using custom resources can add animation so that the dragon spins to the side slightly (NW) before dying, but it might be nice to add a death sequence in a patch that everyone can have" (Kharagh).

3. Grasped out of map
"I had a unit grasped and thrown outside the map again by a roc, thought that was fixed" (Robilar).

4. Request bug
If an event triggered by a request is set to always, it will trigger the event by the number of wizards there are.
So, if you have an event which spawns units every time somebody says "yes" and the map has 5 wizards on, 5 different stacks of units will be spawned every time somebody says yes.

Not a major thing but it will stop people using requests to their full potential. I had visions of using requests so that you could go to a witch and choose to give her 10 gold and in return for that she would summon a black angel for you. However, now she would summon 8 angels for you. (Jamie)

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!
THIS THREAD IS COLLECTING ALL RELEVANT BUGS, EXPLOITS AND SERIOUS ANNOYANCES PRESENT AFTER THE LATEST PATCH. PLEASE MAKE A DESCRIPTIVE THREAD ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM (NO MATTER HOW INSIGNIFICANT IT MIGHT SEEM TO YOU!!) AND POST IT IN THE FORUM. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 12-14-2003 @ 05:44 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-14-03 05:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
Updated: 14 dec.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting » V1.2: BIGBUGTHREAD, gameplay bugs, exploits and annoyances (do not post here!)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames