You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Online Multiplayer
Moderated by Swolte, Timelord, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How to prevent players from cheating in MP games?
posted 05-06-12 05:00 PM EDT (US)   
Hi all...

I wonder if this has been asked because it would seem so prevelant, but is there a way to prevent opponents from cheating in MP games? By this, I mean, say we're playing a 4-player game with some AI and break for the night. What's to stop another player from saving the game, loading up his own save, using some cheats to open up the map and have it fully explored and see where everyone and every item is? Also, I know you can 'password' your own game, but that won't help if he uses those cheats or just loads up a computer AI that is allied and sees what you have.

Another question... is there any way to make the AI wizards a particualr race or wizard when setting up a MP game or do they always have to be 'random'? Seems like such a glaring oversight if you ever wanted to setup a custom co-op game of say 2 allied 'good players' vs. 6 evil race AI.

Thanks and I did try searching posts before posting this.
Replies:
posted 05-10-12 11:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
Unfortunately, the only current solution is not to play with cheaters. The key word being "current" though, this issue is planned to be addressed in the future, but for now there's nothing else I can suggest.

And the only way to have a specific AI wizard on a random map is to generate it with the editor. But the disadvantages of this approach are kinda obvious.

Author of the post is not responsible for any side effects of reading it, including mental trauma, blown up brains, hurt feelings, law violation, sudden death or understanding what the hell author meant.
---------------
Twitter
MP Evolution 2.0 | Lab break 1.0
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Online Multiplayer » How to prevent players from cheating in MP games?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames