You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion & Suggestions
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » General Discussion & Suggestions » Interface on high resolutions?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Interface on high resolutions?
awsmusr
posted 02-04-17 07:03 AM EDT (US)         
Been a while since I played Shadow Magic, but I heard you guys released unofficial patch 1.5 (yes I know I'm quite late to the party) and wanted to see what's new.

However, playing at 1920x1080 or above results in serious graphical problems with the User Interface.
[JPEG, (332.59 KB)]
UI is extremely stretched in widescreen (I assume this is never going to be fixable since it is image-based)
UI elements are cut off and do not extend to the edges of the screen
Some elements repeat when they shouldn't (the dragon border)
Units in the party selection row are cut off from the top
Text is sometimes cut off on top/bottom (leader name in the screenshot)

I saw on the Steam board that someone suggested using the MP Evolution patch to fix "numerious interface issues". However, even with that installed, all of the above issues still exist.

Does someone know if there are any fixes to the above, other than playing the game in w 4:3 ratio window?

[This message has been edited by awsmusr (edited 02-04-2017 @ 07:05 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Belix
posted 02-06-17 01:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I recently upgraded to a 1920x1080 monitor and saw this as well, and started looking into fixing it.

Unfortunately I currently suspect the values that determine UI position, size and scaling are hardcoded into the game executable.

However, I did manage to fix the bottom left and bottom right areas you highlighted so far. The top left, unfortunately, is more complicated and can't be fixed by simply increasing the size of the graphic.

Partially fixed Main.ILB:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bziew1MVKxT8aFFUY1VKUUJlb28

Download that, it goes to:

[AoW:SM Dir]\Images\Int and will overwrite the existing Main.ILB file - I recommend making a backup copy of it first just in case you want to revert to the original file without reinstalling the game, but I've been using this fix for some time with no issues.

It's not much, but at least it fixes one of the more obvious issues that you'd otherwise see constantly.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of what it looks like with that fixed file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bziew1MVKxT8enlrNzdHdFdaZTQ

[This message has been edited by Belix (edited 02-06-2017 @ 01:38 PM).]

awsmusr
posted 02-07-17 02:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Nice! Thank you for that fix!

I wonder why the unofficial patches never addressed it if it was so easy to fix.

It's funny how Age of Wonders 1 actually scales properly with no stretching at all in widescreen, yet the sequel fails at it miserably lol.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames