Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Latest scenario/mod updates
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-11-06 10:45 AM EDT (US)   
Post your latest updates here!

As you know, when you update your map/mod in the downloads section it might now get the proper attention as the download could be many pages from the top. This thread is a workaround to that problem.

If you update a map/mod in the downloads section, you can post info about the update here. Then on a regular basis we will make a news post (with the info from this thread) on the front page with all the latest updates.

This thread will soon be stickified.

Replies:
posted 11-11-06 10:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 59  
One more thing.

If you have made any updates lately, lets say in the last 1-2 weeks, and want the to show in the next news post, feel free to post them!

[This message has been edited by Magog (edited 11-11-2006 @ 10:50 AM).]

posted 11-11-06 11:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 59  
IMO, Sticky this post.

-= Love heals all =-
The One and only NymphMaster!
Aow-SM Maps: The Titan Gate (4.9/5)
Aow-TWT Maps:Glass (4.6/5)
Got any questions/suggestions regarding my maps? Post them HERE
posted 11-11-06 08:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 59  
Excellent thread!

Quite a while ago now(over a month, iirc) I made some slight changes to Zombie Stories, mainly just rewriting some descriptions and adding a couple new events. Nothing huge or really worth noting, though I did comment on it when I made the update.

posted 11-12-06 06:42 AM EDT (US)     4 / 59  
Hi, Iīm realy happy we have this thread now.
Thank you Swolte and Magog!

I want to update some of my maps in near future.
Some friends and me too think, itīs time to rework some things and I have Bugfix-to-do-lists that need to be get away from my workbench.

The first is today: "Marlenes Gnade"
Soon "Gates of Elocin - Part I" will follow.

We play this map in PBEM games now and there are some unbalanced things that are fixed now.
Please go to...
Marlenes Gnade - Revision v.7b
to see the update information and the changes I have made.

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team

[This message has been edited by The Groll (edited 11-12-2006 @ 06:46 AM).]

posted 11-12-06 09:55 AM EDT (US)     5 / 59  
Thank you, The Groll !

I've downloaded the map and will soonly play it. I think I will keep on playing as Goblin before trying the other races.

posted 11-21-06 09:01 AM EDT (US)     6 / 59  
The first news post is up.
posted 11-23-06 11:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 59  
I'm uploading Kaskoid's and my map for single and multi player: an updated Four Against the Darkness.
posted 12-09-06 01:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 59  
New multiplayer version of DoD was uploaded. Minor Balance Tweaks and lots of new v1.4 units.

Get the map here.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 12-09-2006 @ 01:44 PM).]

posted 12-09-06 03:30 PM EDT (US)     9 / 59  
After 9 months a child is born in human life.

After 9 months of collecting hints, finding errors and little bugs Fire Golem and myself have made an update for my competition winning map "Gates of Elocin - Part I v.1v".

I want to thank Fire Golem very, very much for his fantastic and enthusiastic work on this map.

He made most of the work. And it was not less work to dig through my notepads ;-)

At the end I only need to do some very special things and add a new crypta and write the new document file with the updates we made.

Very much thanks, Fire Golem, my friend.
Vielen herzlichen Dank Fire Golem, mein Freund für deine Hilfe.

Here it is in the download section.
I hope you have much fun with this kind of a child of my original map.

ATTENTION !!!
A heavy bug was reported by Lal.
I have found the reason and have corrected this Event that made this bug. Iīm very soory that this happens. Sorry, the 12 people that have downloaded this buggy version v.2c since yesterday. Thank you Lal for your fast report. I canīt guaratee that there is no other bug but I hope for the best. moyt of you people knoe that this is no my kind to upload buggy stuff. Again Sorry.

The new version is v.2c1

Gates of Elocin - Part I v.2c1

Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake

[This message has been edited by The Groll (edited 12-10-2006 @ 03:59 PM).]

posted 01-04-07 09:37 AM EDT (US)     10 / 59  
News post made.
posted 03-16-07 07:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 59  
FrontLines scenario was updated on March 16, 2007. Now AI is better balanced for singleplayer mode.
(Earlier this map was recommended only for multiplayer. Now singleplayer is OK. But the best use of the scenario is recommended for PBEM gameplay).
posted 04-03-07 06:33 PM EDT (US)     12 / 59  
I'm afraid I had to update "Across the Wyrding Sea" due to the mistake brought to light by The Groll (Thanks Groll!)

While fixing this error I corrected a second, less critical teleport event, and a couple typos that were bothering me.

My apologies to all who downloaded this map already. If you wish to correct the main problem event in the editor without downloading the update here's where the problem is:

In the 11th teleport event the trigger needs to be changed to match the "teleport from" coordinates (make it 28,95,3).

posted 05-03-07 09:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 59  
I finally got around to making changes to my Valley of Turmoil map. Changes include necesary balancing as well as more content. I think it's a super fun map for a 1 vs 1 PBEM or as a quick game against the computer, but I could be biased

Check out some of the PBEM threads for the game and you'll see that almost every turn is action packed, which is important to me in a PBEM. Enjoy!

Link to download...
http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=750

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Download these maps I have made...
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 06-08-07 04:44 PM EDT (US)     14 / 59  
Hi all,

I made the mistake of loading up Ancient Times Custom and of course had to make more changes. Voila version 2.80 with a new alternate map with a couple of wizards altered.

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=778
posted 07-07-07 04:16 PM EDT (US)     15 / 59  
News post made
posted 09-02-07 09:52 AM EDT (US)     16 / 59  
Hi all!

All 25 AoW I music files in AoWSM?

AoW I song set for AoWSM.

Some time ago some people ask in a discussion for AoW I music and how to convert it to MP3 format and how to listen to it then in AoWSM.
I got the impression that for unexperienced people it would be a little difficult to make the songs available for themselfs in AoWSM. And AoWSM have only 18 songs while AoW I had 25 songs. Now I made all the AoW I music available now for AoWSM. Now everyone can hear it in AoWSM.
Even when you have not much experiance with computers, itīs easy to change the needed settings for you.
It is not needed to change anything in existing maps from now on.
And you can allways change all settings back if you like without reinstalling the game or anything else.

My maps will support all 18 AoWSM music files in the next versions from now on anyway.

Have fun

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=846

posted 10-04-07 11:01 PM EDT (US)     17 / 59  
The War of the Twins map has been updated with bug fixes related to Aramil's xp settings.

Thanks!

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 11-12-07 08:30 PM EDT (US)     18 / 59  
Marlenes Gnade update

Update revision 7c - DATE 13.11.2007
Near one year after the last update of this map I can lift off a secret today!
The Star of the day is: naecO
He has translated the whole map alone to the english language!
Thank you naecO for all your power, your enthusiastic engagement and for all the emails with questions about the translation and the unknown german words ;-)
We managed to keep it secret and now you made it.
You are the one who made this map available for all the english people out there.
Thank you very, very much!
Hail to naecO!
The Groll

P.S.: I have changed some smaller things too.
This isnīt the last update for this map. I have still some very important things and changes on my todo list but I have no time for it now.

Today download status of 7b is 2877. From this number on itīs revision 7c.

You can get the new two language verion here:

Marlenes Gnade 7c - two language version (german-english)

[This message has been edited by The Groll (edited 11-14-2007 @ 05:58 PM).]

posted 12-17-07 02:24 AM EDT (US)     19 / 59  
Marlenes Welt is updated now from version 9 to 13.

Many changes since version 9 but I never updated the latest versions over the last years.
Now itīs done.

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=347]Marlenes Welt 13

posted 03-14-08 09:10 PM EDT (US)     20 / 59  
Update for Davidīs Winter Wonderland from v15 to v16

Changes in this version:
Many smaller errors (two pages of notes on paper) where corrected and some balance and AI settings where changed. Some new events.

I have reworked and uploaded a new version of Davidīs Winter Wonderland.
I think the new version of the map will be online soon.

Some more votes from you players would be nice for us mapmakers - even when christmass is over

Get it here:

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=872&ci=de8bc157e747d33ca7bc20174519842czVQVFcu526 /ZJf5wNY35t90mHcM07/Ipiduyl8LA1q7jybr3I0bTQBWuVkO5MhiD2aCUb2 4TRqeZWJr1qykshuqOqWnrusEcl61xF2VkEjI5cYSnVSATANqKm97pfg/sWg ==

posted 09-09-08 05:02 PM EDT (US)     21 / 59  
Secrets of Marlenia

Major Update from v.2g -> v.2i
Date: 09 September 2008

I have collected many ideas, hints and errors over near three years now.
I think itīs time for a big update of the Secrets of Marlenia map.

What has changed in this Major Update?
Look at...

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=672

... to find out.

2254 Downloads for the previous version v2.g
A new age has started in Marlenia now...
Download this new version!

I promise the map setup and gameplay has changed massive.
The new version of the map is password protected because I implemented some things I have 'stolen' from my Marlenes Laughter map and this one is not released so far. I want to keep this things a little secret for some weeks until I have released the Marlenes Laugther map
No need to be sad for this. The map (landscape style) is still 'near' the same but 'some' other things have changed a lot.

[This message has been edited by The Groll (edited 09-09-2008 @ 05:08 PM).]

posted 01-12-09 03:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 59  
Secrets of Marlenia

Small Update from v.2i -> v.2j
Date: 12 January 2009

Read more in the download section and in http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=26&tn=4992&st=recent&f=26,0,0,60
sted 01-12-09 03:30 PM EDT (US) 56 / 56

Map:
http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=672

posted 05-09-09 05:58 PM EDT (US)     23 / 59  
Howdy!

A 3.2 Update is out for Brave New World. If possible it would be nice if a moderator could change the header in the BNW thread to:

Brave New World 3.2 Now Available!

Thanks.

Kirky
posted 08-14-09 00:49 AM EDT (US)     24 / 59  
Fairy Wedding - Once in a Lifetime

A hidden gem. This map is unknown to most players maybe because it is a very special map and the map description sounds a little "strange" and to "nice" with to less "aggression and war" but the map plays fine in SP, hotseat and PBEM.
I made an update and changed some balance settings like the "to much gold" for the water queen for example.
This map is worth a second look and in times where the forum is so silent and most PBEM games are going down maybe some players like to replay or take a first look at this map.

Date and Version: 14. August 2009, v.1j
Map update.
Errors removed. Balance changes.

Map:
http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=953

posted 08-16-09 05:51 AM EDT (US)     25 / 59  
Some might have already seen it - Iīve been doing some rework on several scenarios lately... 11th version of DtU already and the new and hopefully final version (V 1.4) of Menzo vs. Mithral already.
Iīve been doing several pbemīs on it so I daresay it should be a) balanced for pbem (1 vs 1) and b) offer at least some challenge to advanced players and probably even more to novice players.

But the main reason for the post is another: I have started today to work on a multiplayer version of the Demonwars map. Itīs a pity that it can only be played once as itīs a pure story-driven map so I decided to remove the compelte red-line-plot and to keep only some single events/subplots.
There will be 7-8 playable wizards in the end and from what I would suspect now at this early point of time it smells like it could end up to be a bit like the drums of death map from swolte (with one or two powerful wizards and some weaker ones.
Alliances and war will be key in this version so much is sure but itīs way to early to give away any more details.
I assume it will take several weeks until itīs ready for release, there are tons of changes to be made on the original map.
Ah, and it will still play with the Demonwars mod, I donīt wanīt to change this back also to normal 1.4 resources, that would simply be too much work and would steal some of the original vibe.

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
posted 08-28-09 10:01 AM EDT (US)     26 / 59  
Hi all

I just uploaded a "next generation" version of my map "Academy Max Strat" named SM 200. It holds completely overhauled content based on UPatch 1.4.

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 08-29-2009 @ 02:34 AM).]

posted 08-31-09 06:18 PM EDT (US)     27 / 59  
I just uploaded the Second Edition of my Valley of Wonders map.

I improved the heroes, wizards, some minor stuff and especially the underground. Check this map out - it's woth a try.

Get the map here:
http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=994

PS: I would like to know what you think of the Inioch wizard portrait I used.

[This message has been edited by Leonaru (edited 09-01-2009 @ 06:09 AM).]

posted 10-23-09 12:06 PM EDT (US)     28 / 59  
Demonwars:

The Multiplayer Version of the Demonwars map is finished so far Iīd say.
It will allow 5 human players (all of which should be played by humans, in order not to destroy the balancing) and will contain certain story&event parts of the original map, some new events, more heroes, more mappainting (mainly in the caverns) and many things changed on the original map in order to make it playable also in pbem which - of course - is the main intention.
It will also contain new resources called 'Demonwars Multiplayer' (the resources of the original map were called 'Transcendence') since several new heroes were added and several units were changed.
Iīve run several testgames on it already. All events should work now and the gameplay is also as I want it to be.

One final testgame will follow soon where I try to play 25-30 turns with all human players in one long game (will take probably several hours) and if things work out fine, Iīll upload the map.

There will be two bad guys and three good guys among the playable wizards. Three fixed AI-wizards which play only a minor role but belong to the story and might take a bigger role during gameplay if certain things happen.

Neither the good nor bad guys are allied from the beginning but some of them should team up sooner or later according to the storyline. Itīs all up to the players.

-------------------
Decent to Undermountain (DtU)

One important note in regards to the (DtU) maps (single&multiplayer version)
both still contained two bugs. Iīd say both were critical.
One prevented the players from reaching one location that might be key in several games and the other was a bug in the game-win-condition (hold all 8 Gorm-artifacts but one trigger-condition had a non-valid item-ID)

posted 01-05-10 08:54 AM EDT (US)     29 / 59  
The AoW1 Mod is updated to version 0.2:

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1014

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 01-05-10 11:03 AM EDT (US)     30 / 59  
I have updated most of my BNW maps to work with BNW 3.2

The list of mod maps, including mine, is here - please let me know if any other maps, or mods, need adding:
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=29,5126,,20

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 01-15-10 03:07 AM EDT (US)     31 / 59  
Update of my Kayland map for PawelSs AoW I Mod

Update 15.01.2010
Version v.1_b -> v.1_c
- A lot of small changes
- Better ways for AI players. Blocked paths changes. Expect AIīs donīt feel blocked anymore by some units
- More AI pushups and balance

Zip file contains:

The_Groll_1_Kayland_v1_c_Password.ahm With Events (Full version)
The_Groll_1_Kayland_v1_b_No_Password.ahm No Events
The_Groll_-_Kayland_Map_v_1_b_Mapinfo.mht

the update can be found here:
http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1011

posted 01-18-10 01:45 PM EDT (US)     32 / 59  
"Ye of little faith" just received an update. Update info is included in the filedesription in the download section.

25/1/10 update: Balance is on par everywhere now, the only following updates on this map now will just be of a cosmetic nature.

Proud mapmaker for the UPatch team
One gas to rule them all, One gas to find them
One gas to bring them all and with the Spice we bind them
Creator of the following maps: RenaissanceEarth, RoadToHell, YeOfLittleFaith, FrostbiteDelirium, Stormy Seas
Co-creator for: CityDwellers
together with TravisII

[This message has been edited by nyarlathotep (edited 01-26-2010 @ 06:02 AM).]

posted 01-29-10 03:42 PM EDT (US)     33 / 59  
updated the Descent to Undermountain map (only standard version) (V1_15 out)
Description pls. see download section.

posted 02-02-10 07:47 AM EDT (US)     34 / 59  
"Ye of Little Faith" just got its 3rd update.

Creator of the following maps: RenaissanceEarth, RoadToHell, YeOfLittleFaith, FrostbiteDelirium, Stormy Seas
together with TravisII
posted 03-29-10 03:43 PM EDT (US)     35 / 59  
Being fully aware that nobody is taking me serious on that anymore, I am 99,99999999999% sure that THIS IS the ultimate FINAL version of this map FOREVER!

DtU V 2.0 ! enjoy

posted 03-29-10 04:07 PM EDT (US)     36 / 59  
Riiiight...

(If you were REALLY sure, you would have called it version_final. Or at least, version 2 (not 2.0...)).

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 03-30-10 04:29 AM EDT (US)     37 / 59  
Damn. Guess ur right
You should have become psychologist...
Although as long as I donīt play any new game on the map with critical people like urself anymore, I doubt that there will be much reason left for me to do any more updates

posted 09-12-10 07:01 PM EDT (US)     38 / 59  
Valleys of the Lost II is ready to download here:

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1055

Update: 3versions with slightly different starting races.

[This message has been edited by Damon Rellik (edited 10-02-2010 @ 01:16 PM).]

posted 10-20-10 04:42 PM EDT (US)     39 / 59  
I just completed a huge update on my map, The Last Stand. I've tested it many times, and I really enjoy it anyway.

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1057
posted 11-10-10 09:26 PM EDT (US)     40 / 59  
"Ye of litlle Faith" is now 100% error free.

together with TravisII
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Scenario Design » Latest scenario/mod updates
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames