AoW1 Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The AoW1 Summer Sizzler - Road to Hell
posted 05-31-03 05:08 PM EDT (US)   
You can download it here

This is the Monthly Challenge Summer Sizzler version of Eriksson's great map, Road to Hell. All submissions to rampantroj@yahoo.com or rogerforward@hotmail.com by 23:59 EST on Sunday 31st August 2003, please

Please save on days 5, 10, 20, 30 and every 10 days thereafter. Save immediately prior to the winning battle, and forward that save ONLY to one of the above email addresses

You must play with leaders OFF, customize leader OFF and alliances OFF, but you can have exploration ON or OFF. Do not research or use the spell Warp Party. All enemy races must be set to CPU Squire

There are a lot of points at stake here:

1st place - an amazing 35 points

2nd place - a brilliant 20 points

3rd place - a cracking 15 points

4th place - a dazzling 12 points

5th place - an enormous 9 points

6th place - a fantastic 8 points

7th place - a groovy 7 points

8th place - a healthy 6 points

9th place - an invigorating 5 points

10th place - a juicy 4 points

all other entrants - 3 points

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 06-09-2003 @ 12:28 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-09-03 12:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
Ooops, sorry, forgot about this one...

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 08-31-03 03:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
Watch this space...

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 08-31-2003 @ 04:31 PM).]

posted 08-31-03 04:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
So are we allowed to still have these next 8 hours to try to get a better result or not?
posted 08-31-03 04:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
Oops!

posted 08-31-03 06:41 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
It is okay...seeing the results, I would like to pick up that extra day or two...and I figured out how, but would not be fair I would not have tried getting a better result without having seen the results early so, I suppose that the only fair thing is to not submit again...is a bummer though!
posted 08-31-03 07:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
It won't hurt my feelings any if someone tries to beat my scores. There still are a few hours left. I don't have time to try again anyway and I didn't see the final scores on this one but I did spot the red moon blue moon scores and noticed that a few of our regulars hadn't posted entries. I'd love to see how they do. Go for it Sprout, good luck.
posted 08-31-03 07:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Sorry if I've made things difficult

posted 09-01-03 00:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
Roger, look at it this way, it sure makes things interesting
posted 09-01-03 02:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
Four Monthly Challenges finished yesterday, this was far and away the closest result. My heart goes out to Dan Petersson and Sprout, as one or two days made such an enormous difference to the number of points won

Congratulations to Eriksson and Enginerd, who managed 17 days, giving them both 35 points

Dan Petersson managed 18 days, giving 15 points

Sprout managed 19 days, giving 12 points

IF ANYONE DISPUTES THEIR SCORE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!

and thanks to Sprout for again demonstrating what a good sport he is

posted 09-05-03 09:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
On this one I think the first day made all the difference in the world. Day 1 - I decided to go straight to war with the highmen and then I charmed his troops by the halfling homeland and put them to work. The troops underground prepared themselves for the gobbos that come. It's a must to go underground and free the hero from the dungeon and let the wolves turn the cities into indies and then you can take them (I only ever managed to get 1 of them early on). I went to war with the elves and took most of those troops to the elves and darkelves.
Day 2-6, expand and conquer, send extra troops down below and hold your ground against the gobbo beetle, your main group heads north and takes on the orcs, lots of cat and mouse and sending out a sacrificial scout to split his troops, hopefully the highmen armies left will cause problems and the dwarfs are just idiots.
Day 7-13, kill the orcs and send the main hero down to finish off the gobbos, the other stack clears out the elves and assists with the dark elves. The highman hero with lots of spells and experience went to the depths with some support to wipe out the undead. I saved the strong castle for the end and moved counter clockwise around the cities to gain several levels before taking on that city.
Day 13-17, rush to wipe out the dwarves, hoping that your highman hero doesn't run away. My 2 main heroes both had 50 movement with haste and could move around like crazy.
My first try I didn't go to war with the nice guys but went after the evil things and then waited for the good guys to go to war with me, I think I finished that one in about 23 days. (my memory is a little fuzzy on the exact path but I think you get the idea )

With all the time we had to complete this one and try it several times I'm saddened to see that only 4 entries were turned in

Well done Ericksson, DanP, Sprout, such close scores. I really liked playing this one.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder » The AoW1 Summer Sizzler - Road to Hell
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames