Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Kris Lighthawk vs Frogman for the Championship
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 05-17-02 09:31 AM EDT (US)   
It looks like me and Kris. Who would have guessed ;P

I would play any of the previous singles maps if it would speed things up. It doesn't matter to me. Blood Isles or Two Rivers would be quick, Urgath or First Conflict would be bigger battles, but since we both won on all these maps, a replay is fine with me.

Replies:
posted 05-17-02 10:06 AM EDT (US)     1 / 73  
Probably not a great surprise to anyone....

It should be a good challenge to both of us

I too would have nothing against any of the previous singles maps except Blood Isles, and I would prefer Urgath and First Conflict over Two Rivers.

Kris

posted 05-17-02 11:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 73  
I agree, First Conflict or Urgath would be fine with me. You really didn't get to play First Conflict after your opponent ran into such bad luck. I could play that one, but I am playing the doubles tourny on it and just finished a long game with Warlord Keldon. I played evils just like you. I could go it again unless you think I have an advantage from playing it more.

Urgath sounds good to me too. I played the frosties last time. I thought the azracs had some real advantages with access to concealed and floating units early. Argammon was careless with them though and it ended up not being a problem. If we both want the same side, perhaps we could agree to some final tweaks.

Unless Cay had some grand idea for the final map, I assume anything agreeable between us would be ok. With all the focus on AoW2 now, I would just like to go ahead and get started. After that joint challenge went so fast, I don't think it will take us that long to finish. We were able to do better than a turn a day on it.

posted 05-21-02 06:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 73  
To Frogman:
"(I agree, First Conflict or Urgath would be fine with me). You really didn't get to play Urgath because your opponent played just to crappy."

posted 05-27-02 01:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 73  

Quoted from Frogman:

Unless Cay had some grand idea for the final map, I assume anything agreeable between us would be ok.

Jerk has a map picked out that just needs a few modications. It's a fitting map for the world cup finals, and should be fun. I'm waiting to hear back from him -- he's away for a few days right now.

Cay
CayMack on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, and Steam. CayMack#1436 on BattleNet.
Visit: TrueAchievements|TrueTrophies
posted 07-27-02 02:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 73  
We can use this thread for posting. Turn sent to Kris.
posted 07-27-02 07:34 AM EDT (US)     6 / 73  
Turn sent

(Frogman is too good an opponent for me to give up any information in turn logs...)

Kris

posted 07-27-02 08:03 AM EDT (US)     7 / 73  
Ah, come on you guys. Give us something!
posted 07-27-02 12:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 73  
Day 2 of the dark elves

Not as good a day as I had hoped for and we have a slower start than planned. I have had to come from behind in a couple games so far so its way too early yet. Still though, I can't spot Kris much, I don't think he will be very generous with opportunities for me.

[This message has been edited by Frogman (edited 07-27-2002 @ 04:53 PM).]

posted 07-27-02 04:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 73  
Day 3 of the dark elves

A better day. There won't be anything of interest to post til we meet the elves.

posted 07-28-02 05:23 AM EDT (US)     10 / 73  
Turn sent
posted 07-28-02 06:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 73  
Day 4 of the dark elves

Don't worry, if something interesting happens, we'll report it. Turn sent.

posted 07-30-02 00:08 AM EDT (US)     12 / 73  
Day 5 complete, day 6 sent to the elves.
posted 07-30-02 04:38 PM EDT (US)     13 / 73  
Elves - day 6

No contact with the ennemy... yet...

Turn sent

Kris

posted 07-31-02 02:21 AM EDT (US)     14 / 73  
Day 6 of the drow

No elves yet. It won't be long I suppose.

posted 07-31-02 01:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 73  
Day 7 of the dark elves

We could report a few things but alas, secrecy is a must. Still no elves. I guess we both know better than to rush into the teeth of the enemy.

posted 07-31-02 02:50 PM EDT (US)     16 / 73  
Elves - day 8

Still no contact with the enemy, but it cant take long now...

Turn sent

Kris

posted 08-01-02 01:30 AM EDT (US)     17 / 73  
Day 8 of the Drow

Still no elves, nothing to report.

posted 08-02-02 02:15 AM EDT (US)     18 / 73  
Day 9 of the Drow

The elves have been met. Well, we met an elephant who was in bondage to them. He now rests in pieces.

We expect the elves will soon take some revenge but we have troops ready for the fight.

posted 08-02-02 07:45 AM EDT (US)     19 / 73  
Elves - day 10

Yes, we have indeed met the Drow. They seems to have captured and bribed cities on our continent with a green Wyvern and are now attempting to sneak it onto our "backyard"
The 2 Drow archers that killed our poor helpless elephant are now crushed under catapult stones
Also in the caves we have found the Drow, as some of our dwarf troops there captured a undefended undead city.

Turn sent

Kris

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 08-03-2002 @ 06:17 PM).]

posted 08-03-02 01:29 AM EDT (US)     20 / 73  
We take a two hex city in the caverns and raze it. We take the four hex goblin city from the elves as well. Not sure how close they were to migrating it. But it will be safely goblin for a little while longer.
posted 08-03-02 06:52 AM EDT (US)     21 / 73  
It was a little surprise that 2 darters (even with a gold medal on one of them ) was strong enough to raze a 2 hex city
But at least the darters are dead now
Our catapult also had little trouble taken the Drow 3 hex
But we can't locate the green wyvern, and that make us a little nervous...

Turn sent

Kris

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 08-03-2002 @ 06:53 AM).]

posted 08-03-02 04:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 73  
Not much to report today. Turn sent.
posted 08-03-02 06:18 PM EDT (US)     23 / 73  
Elves - day 12

We have the Drow invaders more or less surrounded, so hopefully they can soon be put to dead.
In the caves our dwarf troops capture an undefended 3 hex azracs city from the drow.

Turn sent

posted 08-05-02 03:35 PM EDT (US)     24 / 73  
Hey, what did you like the map? Challenging? Tricky? Too predictable? Any feedback would be nice...

Good luck to both of you!

I see that you were both pretty sure youŽd end up in the finals but if you ask me Waterfly is just as good as any of you (wich means damn good...)! Perhaps at least Kris agrees?

ThEJeRk

My Hotmailaccount sometimes fills up. Please try this adress if that happens: aow2mail@yahoo.se

posted 08-05-02 11:04 PM EDT (US)     25 / 73  
Waterfly, unfortunately, was randomly drawn in the same first round group as Frogman. Frogman won their head-to-head game which prevented Waterfly from qualifying for the elimination rounds. Too bad...

Cay
CayMack on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, and Steam. CayMack#1436 on BattleNet.
Visit: TrueAchievements|TrueTrophies
posted 08-06-02 02:25 AM EDT (US)     26 / 73  
Hehe, yes unfortunately I was a little overconfident back then, but that was my first game against someone in that league! But thanks to Kris - we are battling in a 4th consecutive game now (2x2) - I had to learn even more tricks and - overall strategy against someone that good .... there is no substitute for battling a master of the game

In any case we have a true champion winning this

winner of BTOOIC 2003 AoW2 tournament
teamwinner of HG 2002 AoW1 double tourney finals (with ArchmageSUN)
ex-foreign advisor to BTOOIC (retired due to lack of foe)
posted 08-06-02 09:38 AM EDT (US)     27 / 73  
Yes, the three of you are by far the best players I have come across...

ThEJeRk

My Hotmailaccount sometimes fills up. Please try this adress if that happens: aow2mail@yahoo.se

posted 08-13-02 01:58 AM EDT (US)     28 / 73  
I'm back, turn sent. Hmmm... I'm afraid to post much because I'm playing the drow in the doubles game as well. In any case, we gave kris some things to think about.
posted 08-13-02 08:36 AM EDT (US)     29 / 73  
Elves - day 13

I was not a surprise that the drow would chose to raze the goblin 4 hex, instead of allow us to recapture it, what was a surprise was that the angry citizens killed not only the drow troops (except the Wyvern that has fled north) but also our 2 Azrac archers..

Turn sent.

Kris

posted 08-13-02 11:02 PM EDT (US)     30 / 73  
Day 13 of the Drow

Hmm, those goblins sure were mad that I razed their city. Oh well, those troops were dead meat anyway. The wyvern has made his way into the backfield. He may not last long either, but he will divert some troops from the front.

We are still in the feeling out stage. No large battles in sight yet but it won't be long.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder » Kris Lighthawk vs Frogman for the Championship
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames