You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 2nd round games guessing results!
posted 10-27-01 04:23 AM EDT (US)   
I like to guess who will win what game,not to make anyone feel bad,but instead to have fun and feel good if I guessed correclty

Now the point of guessing is not to say 'the games went like I expevted' -Queen Elquein ;P
The whole point is to reveal your thoughts before the games will be started.

Here are mine:

SMB01 - ArchmageSUN vs Aim22
winner: Archie!,He's my double partner so he will win :-)

SMB02 - Gideon vs Caitiff
winner: Um I don't know anyone of those 2, *throws a coin* 'hmm Gideon' I will say Caitiff then

SMB03 - Spawn vs Thrashbarg
winner: Must be Trashbarg,I've heard he done a very good job in the 1st round!

SMB04 - Sleet vs Kris Lighthawk
winner: Kris Lighthawk,after all he bet Archie in a test game :/

SMB05 - Lord420 vs The Incomparable
winner: I would have said Lord420,but he has shown a bad performance in the 1st round :-),I will still say 420,but he has to improve.
SMB06 - Warlord Keldon vs Cay
winner: Keldon seems better,especially because he is successfull in the double games as well

SMB07 - Argammon vs Tasslehoff
winner: Who am I to guess my own games ?

SMB08 - Frogman vs Blackmane
winner: Sorry Blackmane,Froggy will whipe you from the map ,I expect him to get very far in this tourney,he's a lot more experienced in pbem then I am O_o

Don't take this personal,all potential 'losers' have the chance to prove me wrong!

Replies:
posted 10-27-01 07:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
SMB07
Hufff ... after Froggy, Argammon was the last player I wanted face in this turney . Anyway ... let's the war, begins !!!

Cheers to All,
TAS.

posted 10-27-01 07:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
SMB06

Good luck Cay... you're a good player
this match is very very difficult...

Warlord Keldon

[This message has been edited by Warlord Keldon (edited 10-27-2001 @ 07:34 AM).]

posted 10-27-01 01:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
To bad Thrashbarg and Spawn already meet eachother now in the quaters.....otherwise we would have had an ALL swedish final

My guess

SBM01: ArchmageSUN
SBM02: Gideon
SBM03: Thrashbarg
SBM04: Kris Lighthawk
SBM05: Lord 420
SBM06: Cay
SBM07: Argammon
SBM08: Frogman

/Eriksson
Life is nothing but a game
poe@telia.com
posted 10-27-01 07:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
well, i relized something while playing these PBEM's. I'm not a great PBEM player :-]. now Lets hold a Live mp tourny, i want a rematch with arg and archie :-p

Every human being deserves a say in the decisions that affect their lives and not be subject to the will of another.

posted 10-27-01 08:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
Since Arg won't guess his own game I'll pick him to win. He's tough I tell you, no matter what he says to the contrary.

Damn, I hate being a favorite. I want to be the cinderella kid who comes out of no where.

There is a luck factor in this, especially when you have it narrowed down to some pretty good players. I would never boast of wiping someone off the map until after its done.
It should be fun Blackmane, win or lose, I am sure we are both in for a challenge.

posted 10-28-01 11:32 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
If this is a straight cup, with one finalist from the first four games, and the other from the last four, my guess is Kris and Frogman will find the other a very worthy opponent in the final!
posted 10-29-01 11:01 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
The pressure's on now, Froggy, it's hard work being a superstar

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 10-29-01 01:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
Well they are right froggy

If this would be a live mp game I would take the burden of being the favourite

but in pbem it's you... and I've seen Kris posting his greatness earlier as well..
I am surprised if he can back it off
It makes him 2nd fav. though

posted 10-29-01 02:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
back it off = back it up ??
posted 10-29-01 05:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
"The games went as I excpected" Now when did I say that?

I have my favourites...but I won't say anything, so when this tourney is over, I can say that I knew who would win, even if I didn't.

- All you need is love -

The Wizards of Creation

posted 10-30-01 06:35 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
Aww man! No one's voting for me? I knew having Frogman as the "enemy" was the biggest mistake ever! :lol heh heh.

Frog's gonna wipe me from the floor eh? We'll see ya little ribbity, troop stealing, "overwhelming force" using little... heh heh... it's going to be a great game...

For him.

posted 10-30-01 07:21 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
"If this is a straight cup, with one finalist from the first four games, and the other from the last four, my guess is Kris and Frogman will find the other a very worthy opponent in the final!"

Now, that would be a great game!! I have never played against frogman, so I have no idea if I have any chance of beating him...Cay, is it going to ba a straight cup ?

"and I've seen Kris posting his greatness earlier as well..
I am surprised if he can back it off
It makes him 2nd fav. though"

Well, I have not done very well in 1 v 1 PBEM games, so far I have played 5 and lost 3 of them
I seems to do a lot better in games on large maps with more than 2 players about 10 of such games and have won all of them (except one where I replaced a player that already had destroyed any chance of winning)
I would say that Argammon is 2nd fav.

Kris

posted 10-30-01 10:01 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
Quoted from Kris:
Cay, is it going to ba a straight cup?

Yeah, straight cup format. So.....

SMC01 - Winner SMB01 vs Winner SMB02
SMC02 - Winner SMB03 vs Winner SMB04
SMC03 - Winner SMB05 vs Winner SMB06
SMC04 - Winner SMB07 vs Winner SMB08

Although the matchups are already determined (ie. Winner SMB01 vs SMB02), the turn order will be randomized so you won't know which race you're playing until a final draw is made.

Speaking of which, I guess Jerk and I should start thinking about 3rd round maps now!

Cheers,
-Cay

Cay
CayMack on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, and Steam. CayMack#1436 on BattleNet.
Visit: TrueAchievements|TrueTrophies
posted 10-30-01 10:15 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
Hmmm, right now I´m in Düsseldorf takin part in a big exhibition with my new job. I´ll look into 3rd round maps as soon as I get home this friday...

ThEJeRk

My Hotmailaccount sometimes fills up. Please try this adress if that happens: aow2mail@yahoo.se

posted 10-30-01 11:17 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
Blackmane and Kris, I am sure either one of you can beat me, just as I feel pretty confident I could beat you. If we played 10 times the better player could be determined, but in a one game match anything can happen.

I will say you can count on me to be pretty adept at the lairs and dungeons. The ai doesn't have a chance in tc. Blackmane will not be getting my karagh like Kris got from Ravaji and I won't just be sitting around waiting for you to attack. I just wish they hadn't taken away my incarnate.

Darn, I just noticed that if I should be lucky enough to beat Blackmane, I would have to face the winner of Arg and Tass. Not a pleasant prospect.

[This message has been edited by Frogman (edited 10-31-2001 @ 05:27 PM).]

posted 11-13-01 01:35 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
If I lose

I will be glad losing the game to my opponents, becouse I

respect Arch and he was my favourite anyway. He has helped

me a lot as I came to starlance. He was the one who told me

about this tourney and offered to be his partner on double

event(unfortunately it didnt work out)so I thank Arch over

at all to participate in this competition. Only I wished to

meet him not so soon...

aim22

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Competitions, Tournaments & Wizard's Ladder » 2nd round games guessing results!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames