You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Technical Help
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Please help me. I'm at wits end here. Please don't ignore this thread...
posted 02-14-14 07:29 PM EDT (US)   
I have the steam version of Age of Wonders. It "CONSTANTLY" Either says "Age of WOnders has encountered an error and needs to close." Or, Says mapview exceptions, draw errors.

I've done "Everything." I've uninstalled and reinstalled, changed directories, Updated my graphics card, Tried compatibility. It needs to stop. I WANT to play this game. Please help me. PLease.

How do I stop it. There has to be a way, its not fair if its an unsolvable problem. I see so many threads and its allways about the Medieval Masters edition. I have the steam edition. The Trilogy!
Replies:
posted 03-03-14 09:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
Hard to say what is going on. Typically when you see the mapview exceptions or draw errors it has something to do with the map not being compatible for some reason. This could be because you're loading up a map for a specific mod and don't have the mod ruleset. You don't mention it specifically so I'll ask the question about the patch, did you install the 1.36 patch available here? Other info that might help is what version of Windows are you running, etc.

I do know that the version on Steam has worked for others in the past. PawelS has been a great resource for understanding the technical things out there, if you send him a message he might be able to help you out.

2009 1v1 Mapmaking Competition 1st Place MapBattle of Enioch
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Technical Help » Please help me. I'm at wits end here. Please don't ignore this thread...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames