Please login or register

AoW2 Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New Interface.
posted 04-06-02 01:05 AM EDT (US)   
To tell the truth, I don't like the "new" interface for AoW2. It looks like its...too close or something, I'm just not comfortable with looking at the screenshots. Has anyone else thought of this? Or am I just whining too much?
Replies:
posted 04-06-02 01:14 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
You are not whining too much. I would say you are whining just about the right amount.
posted 04-06-02 02:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
More mayhap?

I squee'd like a fangirl when the Frostlings were announced for AoW3. True story.
posted 04-06-02 02:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
It looks attractive and well laid out, but maybe takes up just a little too much of the screen. Like the edifice of an impressive building that's blocking the view.

The road goes ever, ever.... ouch!
--Bilbo-on-a-stick-->
posted 04-06-02 02:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
Maybe you can shift/close the windows like the first one.

Bluecollarheaven
"Where there is imagination, the possibilities are endless."
Age Of Wonders 2 Heaven | AOW2H Scenario Designers' Hall
posted 04-06-02 02:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
They surely don't look like they can be shifted or closed, IMHO. But we'll see when there is finally a demo. *hint again*

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)
Admin of the BTOOIC site and forum.
posted 04-06-02 04:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
The vast majority of the time, only the bottom section is visible... Which leaves the map-area MUCH larger. Even when the Unit/City Info pops up on the side, a larger area of the map is visible than in AoW1. In every situation, you see more of the map, and you are almost never blocked from interacting with the map by pop-up windows...

Josh Farley
Programmer
Triumph Studios
posted 04-06-02 04:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
In AoW1 I always played with a resolution of 800x600, because at greater resolutions the detail wouldn't become better. At a smaller resolution, the message and popup boxes were a bit too small to contain the text, I found. How will this be in AoW2? Am I going to want to play it in high resolutions?

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)
posted 04-06-02 11:13 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
The interface and fonts scale with resolution, and the map is zoomable... so higher resolutions have a lot going for them...

Josh Farley
Programmer
Triumph Studios
posted 04-06-02 11:18 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
Nice...

posted 04-06-02 11:31 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
Seems like AOW2 will be very user friendly,
keep up the good work!

posted 04-06-02 11:57 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
Josh: I liked the sound of that.

aow get sluggish if I go above 800x600 so I doubt I'll take advantage of it any time soon, unless aow2 demands less but I doubt that.

But some day I'll get a new computer *drömma sig bort*

"So show the world you're strong
The weaker one is wrong
And I know it won't take long
Until they're dead and gone"
posted 04-06-02 05:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
AoW gets sluggish at high res because it doesn't use hardware acelleration.

posted 04-06-02 05:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
That is true.

AoW2 does use hardware acceleration, and a reasonable ($50) 3D card can do quite well at higher resolutions...

Josh Farley
Programmer
Triumph Studios
posted 04-07-02 09:24 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
Didn't think of that. Hopefully it'll run okey on my computer then. My old graphics card broke down a while back so I bought a geforce2pro, had to starve for quite some time after that. *hates noodles*
posted 04-07-02 12:49 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
I think I'll be fine with my 1400 Athlon and Geforce 3.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2 Gameplay Help & Strategies » New Interface.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames