loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The new wizards are up guys :D
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-03-02 11:21 PM EDT (US)   
Two of em are female!
Replies:
posted 04-03-02 11:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 49  
is it just me or are the people from Triumph Studios having old (most), robed geezers as males wizards and young, beautiful, and scantily clothed (sometimes not anything) girls as female wizards?

[This message has been edited by Tekk Zero (edited 04-03-2002 @ 11:40 PM).]

posted 04-04-02 00:00 AM EDT (US)     2 / 49  
Here's the link: Behind the Magic: Part 3

Whoa, MAB has better armor than Juila's!

Is it just me, or does Karissa and Anon have a hand-drawn look, while Mother Mab looks much more "computer generated"? Especially the faces.

[This message has been edited by Angel Draco (edited 04-04-2002 @ 00:03 AM).]

posted 04-04-02 00:06 AM EDT (US)     3 / 49  
Um...Karissa hangs out with the orcs eh? That would be some whacky shelacky Uruk'Hai...if you catch my drift.

Heh...I wonder if there will be a Girls of AOW2 Gone Wild DVD?

And...Anon=Morgan Freeman.

-revalos

posted 04-04-02 00:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 49  
Aww heck...I feel like saving y'all a few clicks in order to see Karissa... Heh...maybe I should add a Not Safe for Work/School tag.

posted 04-04-02 01:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 49  
Thanks Draco for putting up the website. I was only able to see the pictures of the characters and it was hard to figure out who they were. I think I like Anon the best of all the wizards I have seen because of his alignment with the Life sphere and his close ties with the Archons (the highmen were one of my favorite races in AOW, if not favorite). I wonder what ties he has with Gabriel. Hey revalos, I agree with you that Anon looks somewhat like Morgan Freeman (what a cool actor--- I love his performances. He adds such grace and majesty to his characters).

Hmm....so that is why the two new females are more scanty in clothes; they need to seduce many lustful heroes to their side, especially Karissa. I am not so sure why Mab is wearing scanty clothes, unless she likes the more natural look since she is trying not cover up her body. Beats me... maybe a dev could help me understand her motive.

I hope in the remaining wizards we see a female that is more "normal" and not specifically arousing to the male audience (not every female in fantasy has to be promiscous... we could use positive role models for girls to be what they want to be and not forced on the "be just pretty" stereotype). BTW I am a guy and I am happily hetero, so don't think I am mentally messed up concerning girls. I like pretty girls, but I just think they should be what they want and not what the opposite sex thinks. However, I am not saying that I hate the present female wizards I would just like to see something different in the next one (very hopeful).

BTW Draco, I noticed the same thing too about Mab looking like she seemed CG and the others two seemed to look hand drawn. It might just be an illusion though.

Quoted from Draco:

Whoa, MAB has better armor than Juila's!

Armor? I am not so sure I would go so far to call that armor. Take a look... Her clothing looks more like something out of a cover of a beauty magazine when you check out of the grocery store. I can't imagine her clothing could protect her from cold steel or etc. Maybe I am wrong about that. However, Draco, I do give you the benefit of the doubt, since we can't see here front side.

posted 04-04-02 02:13 AM EDT (US)     6 / 49  
I wonder what will be the mature raiting of the game. Here is a screenshot : http://www.worthplaying.com/press/38/SB_LifeDomain1280_wp.JPG (see the nymph up there)
Maybe that is a some sort of marketing to attract more people to buy the game? (joking)
However there will be cool if we see gandalf like looking wizard too.

UmberHulks shall take over the world!

[This message has been edited by arcador (edited 04-04-2002 @ 02:14 AM).]

posted 04-04-02 05:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 49  
Any ideas on these Globles?
Fire one
and
Earth one

Could they be a means for transport?

Talk about improved swamps!

Swolte

posted 04-04-02 06:11 AM EDT (US)     8 / 49  
Those globes look weird. Bet the devs show us those just to laugh at our stupid guesses of what it is...

And that swamp is beautiful!

posted 04-04-02 06:13 AM EDT (US)     9 / 49  
Unless...

We make non-stupid suggestions!

Hmmmm... How about dimensional prisons.
Maybe they don't know what to do with them as well?

Swolte

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 04-04-2002 @ 06:15 AM).]

posted 04-04-02 06:41 AM EDT (US)     10 / 49  
I think this globes are some teleport spell, cause in both pics you don`t see the wizards, just other units, so they might be just appearing in the level.
ahhh... forget about that!

But I must say that I dont like it much till now.
I dont like it that all Wizards are human and have might about the other races and I don`t like this overmighty godlike Wizards which could create races by themselves.
At least Im content if there a lesser Wizards as units just a bit stronger than priest or so.
But also I would like to see some non-human Wizards, when I think about it I don`t want Mab to be an female goblin .
But I liked MoM althoug there were overmighty human Wizards too. (Not thats not true, there was one Draconian)
Hey Devs, will all Wizards be humans, even in the
Multiplayer?
Ahem, sorry I just remembered that there weve already seen a hafling and a dwarf Wizard but I think you get what I thougt.
Any gueses what the next three Wizards will be.
I think one female Elvenwizard
And on some pic was an old Icewizard, the city on his screen looked very strange, maybe draconians,but Ice and Draconinans...

[This message has been edited by Andalakus (edited 04-04-2002 @ 06:41 AM).]

posted 04-04-02 06:55 AM EDT (US)     11 / 49  
Hmmm.... The earth wizard has built/cast something called a "farcaster"...maybe that has something to do with it...
posted 04-04-02 07:27 AM EDT (US)     12 / 49  
Mab's definitely got that "Princess Leia" thing goin', CG or not!
posted 04-04-02 08:59 AM EDT (US)     13 / 49  
Must...... get..... someone....... to...... post....... the...... pictures..... here..... please........... PLLEEASSEEE........

*Curses IGN* LOAD YOU DAMNED PICTURES LOAD!!! LOAAAADD!!!! *bashes PC*

posted 04-04-02 09:58 AM EDT (US)     14 / 49  

Though Swoltes links should work...

Crash

[This message has been edited by Sir Crashalot (edited 04-04-2002 @ 09:59 AM).]

posted 04-04-02 11:20 AM EDT (US)     15 / 49  
Nice touch to make the wizards for goblins and orcs female. I thought they would be male for sure.

Now if you excuse me I have to go and take a shower. A cold one.

There is no substitute for victory. It does matter how victory is assured, superior numbers are just as effective as superior tactics. When all is said and done any victory is better than any defeat.
posted 04-04-02 11:29 AM EDT (US)     16 / 49  
Male Wizards = Old bearded guys.

Female Wizards = Beautiful young girls.

Guess which one most people will be picking.

Nordramor
Nordy!

posted 04-04-02 11:36 AM EDT (US)     17 / 49  
Ive always prefered playing as the Orcs anyway

honest....

Crash

posted 04-04-02 12:14 PM EDT (US)     18 / 49  
Man, all these smileys are cracking me up!

Anyways, I don't mind the almost nude female wizards one bit Can't wait until I can beat them into submission

"So show the world you're strong
The weaker one is wrong
And I know it won't take long
Until they're dead and gone"
posted 04-04-02 01:29 PM EDT (US)     19 / 49  
Hey. i made a popular topic!

:roud::

I think I should be rewarded with the beta demo.

*eery silence*

posted 04-04-02 01:58 PM EDT (US)     20 / 49  
*more eerie silence as everyone else glares at Polaris X*
posted 04-04-02 02:37 PM EDT (US)     21 / 49  
*steals sikboks hat, and will not return it until I get the demo*
posted 04-04-02 03:30 PM EDT (US)     22 / 49  
If the orcs follow such a fine young (young looking anyway) lady then one wonders how on eaqrth you will defeat them.....

I don't knwo if it is just me, but the fact that the orcs are following a female kinda reminds me of the internet games I played against Elquein...dammit I think she was near unbeatable

oh well.......aow2

BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN, last of the Azrac warriors.
posted 04-04-02 05:16 PM EDT (US)     23 / 49  
This questions is actually addressed to the devs, but anyone can answer it.
There will be more mages per race avaiable, right? And will ya be able to put items in heroes. I mean of course you will but will you be able to put armors/shields and etc. ?
I know this is Turn based strategy but can we expect a ..errr....it is too greedy (I use greed cause I dont know the word in english but it some sort of it). So Will the hero chage its outfit on the "adventure" map when you put him a masta full heavy plate mail for example?

posted 04-04-02 06:07 PM EDT (US)     24 / 49  
The last 3 wizards for next week looks to be male ice, male death and female life.
posted 04-04-02 06:35 PM EDT (US)     25 / 49  
Yeah probably right. I would guess it to be:

Female life - elves
Male death - undead
Male air - draconians

There is no substitute for victory. It does matter how victory is assured, superior numbers are just as effective as superior tactics. When all is said and done any victory is better than any defeat.
posted 04-04-02 10:09 PM EDT (US)     26 / 49  

Has anyone noticed this before? this picture is the entrance pic to the AOW II main site. If you'll notice, we can see the last two male wizards. The first in the top right next Gabrial(sp?) I think could either be the air or water wizard, judging by his floaty hair and whatnot (reminds me somewhat of neptune). The other which we have seen before in the Arachna screen with the diplomacy. This man in the bottom next to Karrisa and Arachna could only be mister undead. As for the last wizard/wizardess I can only guess.

posted 04-04-02 10:23 PM EDT (US)     27 / 49  
I never saw the guy on the way top of the circle, next to Mr. Floaty-Hair-Neptune. Was he previewed before? :\
posted 04-04-02 10:32 PM EDT (US)     28 / 49  
i think thats Gabrial.
posted 04-04-02 10:56 PM EDT (US)     29 / 49  
I love the hot sorcerecess, however, i think that ONLY elves, humans, and dark elves should have attractive females. I personally thing that the orcs and goblins should have old goblin hags and witches.

A hot woman just does not strike me as being very orcish.

BTW- Those "smiles" appear to me as white boxes with red x's in the center. Little help?

"I have curly pubic hair. If I don't gel it down, it puffs up into a miniature afro and looks rediculous." -Kman
posted 04-04-02 11:18 PM EDT (US)     30 / 49  
I agree with devon.
posted 04-04-02 11:33 PM EDT (US)     31 / 49  

Let me get this straight...we're complaining about the abundance of scantily clad female wizardresses?

Are we talking about the same game? Or is this the HOMM4 board with the scantily clad wrinkly old men and fully clothed massive babushkas?

I'm an equal oppurtunity player...I think if we've got old guys in one corner...why not have the other corner populated by young women?

-revalos

posted 04-04-02 11:45 PM EDT (US)     32 / 49  
whatever guys...
posted 04-05-02 01:00 AM EDT (US)     33 / 49  
Note: Wizards are not directly tied to Races, they are tied to Spheres of Magic.

Resume discussion.

Josh Farley
Programmer
Triumph Studios
posted 04-05-02 04:38 AM EDT (US)     34 / 49  
And if there are ugly withces and hags, who will play with them. In AoW 1 there are some very unpleasant looking heros, that I never select for the leader.
And who tell old hags and withes havent cast a spell for beatuniness upon them :P , haven't you watch moovies?
...But it doesnt match an orc to folow elf. I hope the race relations are still same strong.

posted 04-05-02 05:44 AM EDT (US)     35 / 49  

Quoted from Devon:

BTW- Those "smiles" appear to me as white boxes with red x's in the center. Little help?

You don't know what you're missing, Devon.
I wish I could help you.

I want grumpy old women too!

posted 04-05-02 06:16 AM EDT (US)     36 / 49  

Quoted from Devon:

Right-click the boxes and select "show Image/picture" (whatever it says in the english version of the browser)

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)
Admin of the BTOOIC site and forum.
posted 04-05-02 07:27 PM EDT (US)     37 / 49  
Generic: NICE CATCH! Wow..... Never noticed!
posted 04-05-02 07:37 PM EDT (US)     38 / 49  
Generic: About Gabriel, he has the Wizard's throne at the beginning of the story, so he is boss of all other spheres and wizards. I think he has the cosmos sphere.

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)
Admin of the BTOOIC site and forum.
posted 04-06-02 03:00 AM EDT (US)     39 / 49  
Quote:

And who tell old hags and withes havent cast a spell for beatuniness upon them :P , haven't you watch moovies?

I think they proboably use lots of mana for casting Cosmic Surgery.

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.
posted 04-06-02 03:58 AM EDT (US)     40 / 49  
Quote:
I think they proboably use lots of mana for casting Cosmic Surgery.

You said it

So watch your ugly hero, or spent mana for good looking ...lol
(no ofense)

[This message has been edited by arcador (edited 04-06-2002 @ 04:27 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2 Gameplay Help & Strategies » The new wizards are up guys :D
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames