Please login or register

AoW2 Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Rayb's semiannual update
posted 02-18-02 01:56 PM EDT (US)   
Hey guys, went through the articles on here. Looks like we're all getting anxious to have no life, as AoW2 sucks up what ever life you had left...

Anyhow I just thought I'd announce to the group, to those friends of mine who didn't hear through emails, because my address book is in shambles, that this last weekend, Friday the 15th of February, my sweetheart Sondra (also featured as a dwarf priestess in AoW) had our fourth daughter, Hannah Bingham at 8:44am, she was 6lb, 5oz, and 19inches long. The baby was born C-section, and a week earlier than we had scheduled (we knew the baby was breech and required a C-section birth, but due to labor complications Hannah decided she wanted to experience life in this mortal sphere a week earlier than we mortals had planned). Anyhow this weekend has been miraculous and exhausting. My three other daughters (oldest is 5, yes we are insane and have our hands full with 4 girls very young girls) want to hold the baby, but Katie came down with conjunctivitis (commonly known as "pink eye") the day that Mommy went into the hospital. (My oldest daughter is extremely sensitive to her parent's well being. If mom or dad have to go away from her for a long time, she gets sick. If they are hurting, she is hurting. It's amazing.) So the kids all want to care for the baby though they are quarantined. The youngest one, who isn't quite two years old yet, Emigail, has had the hardest time coping with the quarantine. I think she thinks that she is being replaced (which she is) and that her mommy doesn't need her anymore, now that she has a new baby. It's not true, but it might be good for little Emigail to experience a little humility, and realize she isn't the center of the universe...

Anyhow our family is prospering... We are blessed! Just thought I'd inform a few of you who cared... knowing that my life couldn't be more tumultuous than it has been in the last few months, we hope that things will settle a bit...

Hopefully the next big thing will be AoW2 becoming a hit smash and that everyone and their dog breaking down department stores in droves trying to get the latest copy!

Hehehe... we can always hope, right!? --Ray

Replies:
posted 02-18-02 02:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
Wow, that is fantastic news! Congratulations on the new daughter. I have a son, and my wife wants another child. I don't know how you could handle more then one, really. Yikes. Well, good luck to you and yours!
posted 02-18-02 06:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
Congratulations, you´re a lucky man that has been blessed that many times. Although you might not think that when those four becomes teenagers.
posted 02-18-02 06:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22  

Hi Rayb,

Congratulations. My fiance and I are holding off on children for now. WOW... having four of them in 5 years!! I bet things are crazy at the home these days, eh?

As for AoW II. Don't worry... just ship enough so that everyone and their dogs don't start their own version of tactical combat in the aisles for a copy. Oh and that includes enough copies for us here in Atlantic Canada.

Take Care and Best Wishes,

Raven Bear
New Brunswick, Canada
posted 02-18-02 06:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
Holy smokes!

Congratulations RayB! Give your wife my best!

posted 02-19-02 01:16 AM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
congrats!!!
posted 02-19-02 01:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
Congratulations Rayb!

Bluecollarheaven
"Where there is imagination, the possibilities are endless."
Age Of Wonders 2 Heaven | AOW2H Scenario Designers' Hall
posted 02-19-02 03:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
Congrats RayB!

And respect! Four kids... wow.

posted 02-19-02 05:22 AM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
Four daughters...
Enjoy it! (while they are still young )

Swolte

posted 02-19-02 05:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
Congrats, Ray! Glad to hear that it went well! Looking forward to battling you in an AoW2 PBEM while you´re being cheered on by the whole quintet of Bingham women...

ThEJeRk

My Hotmailaccount sometimes fills up. Please try this adress if that happens: aow2mail@yahoo.se

posted 02-19-02 06:05 AM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
PS: Pictures!
posted 02-19-02 03:35 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
Congratulations RayB.

I am new as a member in this Forum but I have been around for the last 1½ year at the different Forums available for Age of Wonders.

How do you manage 4 kids?? I think that one child is more than enough for me at the moment

[This message has been edited by Fog (edited 02-19-2002 @ 03:36 PM).]

posted 02-20-02 04:42 AM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
Congratulations Rayb!

Steel Monkey
posted 02-20-02 10:47 AM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
OMG, and I thought I was insane with three kids!

Well, congrats! Hope everybody's doing well.

BTW, have you opened the Weddings Fund yet? Better start now, dog. MUHAHAHA!

GuildBoss - Guild and Clan Management Utility
www.guildboss.com
posted 02-20-02 12:20 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
Congrats Ray, that's wonderful news! Glad to hear everything went well!
posted 02-20-02 01:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
Thanks for all the notes! Those of you who want to see pictures, the hospital does this thing to try to gouge parents who are weak and want pictures more than their money... (It's a real racquet.)

url: http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/babypage.asp?URLID=0E9Z1F8E1J

Visitor password = kbeh4

There is one picture in there, where she is tenting her hands and doing her best, "Mr. Burns" (from the Simpsons) impression. You can just hear her saying, "Eeeeeeexcellent!"

Have a happy day!

--Ray

posted 02-20-02 01:48 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
Aw, but she's cuuuute Ray. How could you resist letting her have her own web page? And so it starts..... Wait till she wants her own computer to play AoW IV on!
posted 02-20-02 02:41 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
Congratulations Ray, If all your girls is/was as cute as her, I better understand whey you have 4 now

Kris

posted 02-20-02 06:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22  
Congrats RayB! All the best to you and your family! I will smoke a ceegar for ye.

Cheers,

Sleet

P.S. Looking forward to all the time on AoW2, although my wife may not be once I buy it.

posted 02-21-02 02:08 AM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
So we can expect to see a hero named Hannah in AoW2...

Special abilities:

Life Stealing (tell me you still have a life with a newborn)
Banshee Wail
Poison Cloud (I changed a diaper once... ONCE)

and ofcourse...

Charm

posted 02-21-02 02:13 AM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
Congrats Ray!!

Thanks for the link to her pic, she's adorable. That look on her face says "I just farted."

It doesn't get any better than that.

Have a beer on me.

-Chaos

This body... this body holding me... be my reminder here that I am not alone in...This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion. - From Tool’s
Parabola - Maynard James Keenan
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me... for me...FOR MEEEEEE!! - From Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody - Freddie Mercury
Insanity is but the price paid by mankind for his intellect. -Chaos Spawn Zone 666 The Abyss
posted 02-24-02 06:14 PM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
Congratulations! It wasn't this time you got a male, but hey! Girls are a lot more adorable

....AngeloB....
-The Traveler-
-----------------
96050464 Sabbath (AngeloB)
posted 02-24-02 11:54 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
congrats, a beautiful child.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2 Gameplay Help & Strategies » Rayb's semiannual update
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames